Played several times on NYE

Default Re: The Default Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    my grandma was beautiful <3

GILF alert.

don't fuck with hippos, man.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

One thing you almost always hear from safari guides in Kenya is never get between a hippo and water. They will fuck you up.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

I got to pet a hippo once at the zoo. It was scary and weird. They love to be petted on the sides of their mouths, wide open, and along the gum line. It's like you can pet them, or touch them there, but only by accepting the risk that they could take your arm off at any second.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Awesome.

"These guys remind me of myself when I first started, I only knew three chords too."
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I got to pet a hippo once at the zoo. It was scary and weird. They love to be petted on the sides of their mouths, wide open, and along the gum line. It's like you can pet them, or touch them there, but only by accepting the risk that they could take your arm off at any second.
    Is thinking up your posts as boring as it is to read them?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Is thinking up your posts as boring as it is to read them?
    Then why do you read them?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Seriously, it's only a matter of time until we lose one whole spices of beetle.

I just noticed my join date and post count and had to laugh. Jan 2007. 1,779.

And though I don't recall the specific amount, I couldn't have had more than a handful of posts on the old board. My status will probably read "Member" for the rest of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

this, along with some of the fark comments, is a bit infuriating. the law is outdated, i'm not as mad about that as i am that there is any question this was a rape. i'm glad the judge is looking into this, but how on earth is a sleeping woman considered "consent" for some man waltzing by to have sex with her?!?!?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...m_national_pop

Calif. judges overturn rape conviction, urge changes in 1872 law
    By Associated Press, Published: January 3 | Updated: Friday, January 4, 2:05 AM

LOS ANGELES — California appellate judges urged legislators to update an arcane 19th century law, as the panel reversed the rape conviction of a man who authorities say pretended to be a sleeping woman’s boyfriend before initiating intercourse.

The Los Angeles-based appeals court said that the 1872 measure doesn’t give single women the same protections as their married counterparts in certain rape cases.

Julio Morales had been convicted and sentenced to three years in state prison, found guilty of entering a woman’s bedroom late one night once her boyfriend had gone home and initiating sexual intercourse while she was asleep, after a night of drinking.

But a panel of judges overturned the trial court’s conviction and remanded it for retrial, in a decision posted this week.

The victim said her boyfriend was in the room when she fell asleep, and they’d decided against having sex that night because he didn’t have a condom and he had to be somewhere early the next day.

Morales pretended to be her boyfriend in the darkened room, and it wasn’t until a ray of light from outside the room flashed across his face that she realized he wasn’t her boyfriend, according to prosecutors.

“Has the man committed rape? Because of historical anomalies in the law and the statutory definition of rape, the answer is no, even though, if the woman had been married and the man had impersonated her husband, the answer would be yes,” Judge Thomas L. Willhite Jr. wrote in the court’s decision.

The appeals court added that prosecutors argued two theories, and it was unclear if the jury convicted Morales because the defendant tricked the victim or because sex with a sleeping person is defined as rape by law.

The court said the case should be retried to ensure the jury’s conviction is supported by the latter argument.

The decision also urges the Legislature to examine the law, which was first written in response to cases in England that concluded fraudulent impersonation to have sex wasn’t rape because the victim would consent, even if they were being tricked into thinking the perpetrator was their husband.

Willhite noted that the law has been applied inconsistently over the years in California.

In 2010, a similar law in Idaho prevented an unmarried woman from pressing rape charges after being tricked into sex with a stranger by her then-boyfriend.

The judge called what happened “despicable” but said the state’s law left the court with no choice. Idaho’s law was amended to cover all women in 2011.

Morales’ attorney Edward Schulman declined comment when reached by phone Thursday.

Prior to the conviction, Schulman had argued Morales believed the sex was consensual because the victim responded to his kisses and caresses, according to the decision.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    also this article provides more detail surrounding what happened. the woman was asleep, realized someone was having sex with her, and then tried to fight him off:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...ase.php?page=2

The victim's version:

According to Jane, she woke up to the sensation of having sex. She was in a different position on the bed, perpendicular to the position she had been in when she fell asleep. She was confused because she and Victor had agreed not to have sex that night. When light coming through a crack in the bedroom door illuminated the face of the person having sex with her, i.e., defendant, she realized it was not Victor and tried to push him away. Defendant grabbed her thighs and pushed his penis back into her vagina. She pushed him away again and began to cry and yell. Defendant left her room; Jane locked her door and called Victor, asking him to come back to her house.

Morales' version:

He thought she was attractive, so he kissed her on the cheek. She turned toward him, and they kissed some more. He thought she was not asleep because she responded to his kisses, but he also thought she believed he was her boyfriend. They kissed for several minutes, and he became aroused. He began to take her pajamas and underwear off, and she lifted her hips to help him. He unbuckled his belt, pulled down his pants, and began to have sex. He stopped because he felt he was betraying his girlfriend; he did not recall Jane pushing him away, and he did not try to reinsert his penis after he pulled out of her.
    When he went to leave the room, it felt like someone was holding the door shut. He finally was able to open the door, and he saw his friend Tony standing outside, laughing.
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Holy fucking shit, that case and that archaic, horrible law infuriates me as well.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

i still have no earthly idea how he ended up in her bedroom. "she looked attractive, through the door, in the dark, and under the covers"...

House party? The whole thing is weird. And horrible.

How is tricking a semi-conscious/not conscious person to have sex by impersonating her partner considered consent???
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Seriously are people really this stupid?

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...170100535.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Yes, they are and the last few articles posted can easily be used as proof.

"Have you ever reached for a spice jar and found small bugs inside? If so, you're not alone. A variety of bugs have the same taste for spices as humans, including dermestid beetles and cigarette beetles. Although they won't cause any ill effects if accidentally eaten, you don't want to eat bugs in your favorite spices.

I love the last part ..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Spicy bugs are the best kind imo.

that video on atlantic wire makes me want to punch things.

Not even going to look at it.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

i went to a football school. this shit totally reminds me of high school. i hope anonymous ruins their lives. fucking douchebags.

i went to a football school. this shit totally reminds me of high school. i hope anonymous ruins their lives. fucking douchebags.
    What bothers me most is that this isn't an isolated incident of one bad apple. These rosy-cheeked children clearly think this behavior is okay. At 16 years old, these boys aren't the only ones at fault. It's also the fault of the community in which they are being raised, and the culture which perpetuates the belief that women are physical bodies there for the taking. It's disgusting.

Or the coach:
    "The rape was just an excuse, I think ...What else are you going to tell your parents when you come home drunk like that and after a night like that? She had to make up something. Now people are trying to blow up our football program because of it."

yeah, he also tells a reporter that something bad will happen to him. courtney's right, that sort of "football town mentality" tends to bring out this bullshit. i'm not blaming football. just the idea of putting aggressive males on a pedestal and treating women like accessories.

I couldn't watch the video either.

The picture is currently being burned into my mind.. looks like two hunters with a trophy.

I can't even imagine having a teenaged daughter with this kind of shit around.

I'm going to vomit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

This whole day is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.