Page 785 of 792 FirstFirst ... 780781782783784785786787788789790 ... LastLast
Results 23,521 to 23,550 of 23740

Thread: The Default Thread

Default Re: The Default Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Is this supposed to be a racist joke about how Indian people are supposed to be stupid?
    I think it's more of an out of touch with reality classist joke about how only a moron would work at 7-11, despite the fact that plenty of intelligent, worldly, wise people are forced into menial jobs to get by, which you'd think would fall into his philosophy of manning up and working no matter what. So, just general, incoherent hate spewing with no real thought put behind it as usual. We didn't need Mexican prostitutes to despise you, Ron, you've given us plenty of fuel besides that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

The problem with police is that a lot of the kinds of people who are attracted to the idea of a career wearing a uniform, a badge, and a gun -- and all the authority that goes along with it -- are assholes. "I would like a career where I get to handcuff people and throw them in jail" comes from (1) an overbearing hero fantasy and / or (2) narcissism with sado-masochistic overtones. Not saying all cops are like this, but that it's a profession that these types of people naturally find appealing.

Police are necessary, though, so the way a free society is supposed to manage the risk of abuse of power is through training and accountability. The fact that we don't really have a credible story -- or much of a story at all, really -- from the police department speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The problem with police is that a lot of the kinds of people who are attracted to the idea of a career wearing a uniform, a badge, and a gun -- and all the authority that goes along with it -- are assholes. "I would like a career where I get to handcuff people and throw them in jail" comes from (1) an overbearing hero fantasy and / or (2) narcissism with sado-masochistic overtones. Not saying all cops are like this, but that it's a profession that these types of people naturally find appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Police are necessary, though, so the way a free society is supposed to manage the risk of abuse of power is through training and accountability. The fact that we don't really have a credible story -- or much of a story at all, really -- from the police department speaks volumes.
    There's also a disturbing trend that I noticed in my hometown at least--almost all the kids from my school who went on to become cops were repeated juvenile felons who were just terrible at committing crimes. So if you follow the psychological postulate that people seek out careers that will correct their inherent faults (e.g. psychology is for people who want to know why they're crazy, teaching is for people who are stupid, etc.), then a lot of cops are cops because they were too dumb to get away with breaking the law so they want to get on the side of the law so they can be immune from prosecution.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

My Grandfather was a San Francisco Detective, my Father was a Fremont Detective and I served in the Coast Guard.

It sucks that being a Police Officer has absolutely nothing to do with helping people anymore.

My Father saw this shift taking shape, which was why he also taught Elementary and High School classes in the community he patrolled. I wanted to do tangible good and joined the Guard to save lives, protect the natural environment and for funsies, fuck with Cartels.

This rampant militarization of those meant to protect and serve has led to a marked decrease in their training and ability to THINK beyond point and shoot. While on a Boarding, to even draw my weapon, the Guard has trained me to fluidly work my way through a threat matrix designed to utilize the least amount of force to gain compliance.

So what are these pussy assess afraid of? Why are they resorting to lethal force with little to no provocation? I think you guys have hit on a number of reasons i.e. People playing soldier and not protector, mental deficients inclined toward violence and without the mental capacity for alternative approaches, downright racism, and fear without the training to work with and around the inevitable stress of placing your life on the line every day.

Either way, this military police state is getting completely out of hand and I'm pretty pissed.
    11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

How do I get weed out of my system in 7 days?

How are they testing you?

I'm not sure. It's a pre-employment test so I'm guessing its a peepee test.

you have a whole 7 days?
    Once the offer was given at my current job, I had 24 hours to do the drug test.

They had me scheduled for Monday but I called and got them to reschedule it for Thursday. I smoked last Thursday night and found out about this Friday morning. Since then I've been pounding cranberry juice and swimming in the ocean. Every pot head around town has a different method and every time I research their advice online I find out that it's bogus.

Last time I had to do this I diluted with water and peed mid stream. The tech at the lab seemed realized what I had done so she started asking me questions about my personal life and I guess I made a good impression.

Anyways, exercise and not smoking weed is the only legitimate method I've heard to get it out of your system. Everyone has different advice on things you can eat: special detox drinks, cranberry pills, niacin.

I guess all I'm asking is if naw one knows of a legitimate drink that will get the job done. Presumably, I would have to drink it the day of.

Any other advice is welcome. I know I shouldn't stress this mind of thing but you know...

I'm gana have such a session once this is over.

What time of the day are you taking the test?

1 P.M. Why?

I know people who use the synthetic urine and it works for them

Synthetic urine works. If you get caught they can call the cops. It isn't worth the risk in my opinion and I'm not a crook.

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    1 P.M. Why?
    Because you never want to give them your first pee of the day.

Right, good point. It is also advisable to pee mid-stream into the cup.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

if anyone could point me toward that retrochella lineup contest from ~2011 where GV was giving away tickets or upgrades to the best poster for each year starting with like 1969, that'd be great. thanks.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

^ WOW, those are some pretty great posters.
    11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

thanks guy.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

That contest was utter bullshit.

Yep. Was supposed to be about the lineups but turned into a graphic design contest.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

One of the winners put Buddy Holly on a lineup for 1979?
    11/23/14 Sky Ferreira - the Independent
    12/16/14 Haerts - the Rickshaw Stop
    12/30/14 Flaming Lips w/Foxygen - the Warfield
    02/26/15 Tony Molina - the Rickshaw Stop
    04/24/15 Polaris - The Chapel

Exactly my point.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Stop dumping water on your heads, assholes. Just donate and STFU. Bragging about your charitable donations is incredibly gauche anyway.

And a semi-professional graphic designer won like 15 out of the 20 years or some such shit. Fuck C Dub Ya forever.

You know Jack, I was thinking the same thing. But then I thought hey, if it helps spread the word about the cause then who am I to criticize. But then I thought hey, I still have no idea what the cause even is. But then I thought that if I ever donated any money to anyone I would probably insist that my portrait be hung in the lobby of the building.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

It's not bragging about charitable donations. The people who dump ice on their heads are doing that instead of donating.

And I'm pretty sure most of the people doing it don't give a damn what they are raising awareness for.

If only people could spread awareness through California of our drought this effectively.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    It's not bragging about charitable donations. The people who dump ice on their heads are doing that instead of donating.
    This is absolutely not true across the board. Are people doing the challenges and not donating? Maybe. but lots and lots of people are in fact following through.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo