Page 773 of 788 FirstFirst ... 768769770771772773774775776777778 ... LastLast
Results 23,161 to 23,190 of 23640

Thread: The Default Thread

Default Re: The Default Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This woman on NPR is a known expert and we should do what she says.
    I'm trying to look for who it was on the NPR site, but my work computer hates the NPR site. I think it was on the broadcast that aired after 2pm yesterday OMW home from work. If that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

My cousin and uncle were hit by a guy (with a suspended/revoked license) who was texting and driving and crossed into incoming traffic, hitting them head on into a ditch. My cousin is out of her first surgery with a permanent rod in her right feemer, going into a second surgery for her left knee and also has a broken right arm/elbow. My uncle is still in trauma awaiting surgery for both of his broken legs, will need reconstructive surgery on left hand, and has a mangled left ear/multiple head abrasions and is still a neck brace.

My cousin is a martial artist and a trainer and works a physically demanding labor job, so she's pretty fucked for the near future and I hope she can recover/rehabilitate to a level where she can do all of those things again.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm trying to look for who it was on the NPR site, but my work computer hates the NPR site. I think it was on the broadcast that aired after 2pm yesterday OMW home from work. If that helps.
    the comment was less about her credibility and more about your presentation. Miss zee.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

My cousin and uncle were hit by a guy (with a suspended/revoked license) who was texting and driving and crossed into incoming traffic, hitting them head on into a ditch. My cousin is out of her first surgery with a permanent rod in her right feemer, going into a second surgery for her left knee and also has a broken right arm/elbow. My uncle is still in trauma awaiting surgery for both of his broken legs, will need reconstructive surgery on left hand, and has a mangled left ear/multiple head abrasions and is still a neck brace.

My cousin is a martial artist and a trainer and works a physically demanding labor job, so she's pretty fucked for the near future and I hope she can recover/rehabilitate to a level where she can do all of those things again.
    Fuck. I am so sorry to hear that. hope they recover quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Fuck. I am so sorry to hear that. hope they recover quickly.
    Thanks. I'm still processing it and trying to come up with a clever hashtag that will bring awareness and help them heal.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

the comment was less about her credibility and more about your presentation. Miss zee.
    Which is why I say I was looking for her name and credentials BUT WAS UNABLE TO FIND THEM.

you'll think of a good one driving down the road.

I'm really bad about remembering people's names.

Something's not quite ringing true to me with this. Maybe it's the multiple camera angles. But the press is reporting it as fact.

Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Holly hell, Cara...that is awful. I hope they get well soon, so that your cousin can go all karate kid on the dbag driver.

Yeah the multiple camera angles were not credible; I was thinking the same thing when I saw it yesterday.

that just proves you're a boomer. We're in the digital age, old timer, people have cameras everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Holly hell, Cara...that is awful. I hope they get well soon, so that your cousin can go all karate kid on the dbag driver.
    For real. I fucking hate people that will be constantly on their phone while driving. Its just plain dangerous. Another thing I hate is when people are obvious shitty drivers (running stop signs, hitting curbs all kinds, etc) and when you try to tell them about their reckless driving, they act like your imagining it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

That's awful, Gue.

I'm sorry, Cara. Terrible, terrible.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Something's not quite ringing true to me with this. Maybe it's the multiple camera angles. But the press is reporting it as fact.

Security cameras on either side of their driveway that they edited together.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Thoughts and prayers go out to your fam Guedita. Lets hope for a speedy recovery!

Cara, so sorry that happened to your family, I almost lost my mother to that same scenario last year, hope they recover and that piece of shit gets proper punishment
    Papi Piratón!

ohh nice, Andrew. The cameras are obviously fixed in place, and that makes sense.

How was that not obvious? Hope they put that fucking dog down right quick. Could not imagine that happening to one of my kids. Glad it wasn't a pitbull so the media can't get all high and mighty and ruin it even more for that breed.

My daughter inquired about a rental property in San Diego (found it on Craigslist) and got this response:

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the late response.it was due to my husband illness but i thank GOD he is getting better.I must confess that we are very new in this landlord business..However, My name is Harrietta Carr i own the 3 bedroom 2 bath house located at (xxx Ave, San Diego, CA 92xxx).Due to my job as a missionary I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in (Nigeria) that I decided to rent out the house and i will be here for (3-4 years)..How ever,the initial plan was to sale out the house which I tried, but some times the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website,that is the old advert. because of this reason and more we need a responsible person (With good credit) that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money,but want it to be clean and for you to take of it as if it were yours The rent is $1300 and $1000 for Security Deposit...Utilities such as Air Conditioner Dishwasher Walk-in Closet Refrigerator Vaulted Ceilings Washer/Dryer Cable etc are all included in the rent...

This was a new one on me.

Yeah, I've never heard of vaulted ceilings being included in a rental property before.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

A 3br/2ba house in SD for $1300? That should tell her it's not legit (or an absolute hovel) from the get-go. The response from the "Nigerian Missionary" as confirmation was a nice touch, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

The price is actually what prompted her to ask me. I saw nigerian missionary with a sick husband and just had to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    How was that not obvious? Hope they put that fucking dog down right quick.
    I read it is being quarantined for 10 days and then will be euthanized, probably testing it for rabies etc. before they put it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

One of my good friend's house exploded yesterday. We were at his housewarming party three weeks ago. They are all OK, but it's scary shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

The price is actually what prompted her to ask me. I saw nigerian missionary with a sick husband and just had to laugh.
    So she was cool with the Nigerian Missionary?

I am trying to decide wtf is going on. I need to go to a funeral this week in Seattle and I don't know if I should fly or drive and make a vacation out of it as it were ......cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

If this helps make your decision easier, underage prostitution is illegal in Seattle. So you may not have to budget for that.

Vancouver is only a ferry ride away though.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....