Page 630 of 788 FirstFirst ... 625626627628629630631632633634635 ... LastLast
Results 18,871 to 18,900 of 23640

Thread: The Default Thread

Default Re: The Default Thread

Fear - It shall be the death of modern society.

Good news, bad news: This is good for gunz ...........

Megan Thode's Lawsuit Against Lehigh University Over C+ Rejected By Judge

bad for some of us; We might have made a killing on our bad grades .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Derp, I just realized we have this coming Monday off.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Uma is so fucking bad ass in Kill Bill (s).... cr****

"The evolution of Arthur’s ugly ass."

I am in the process of buying a new or used car. In the past I have always bought brand new, but people always told me that's a bad idea because the car depreciates so much as soon as you drive it off the lot. So this time around I was going to buy something gently used. Now people are telling me because of the economy and the deals that are being offered it's better to buy brand new. I am so confused. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I never saw a car as an investment, so the depreciation never mattered. Now dependability, parts availability, maintenance costs and gas mileage, that matters to me.

Yeah, I am taking all of that into consideration. I am leaning towards a Prius, but I also kind of like the Nissan Altima. I am going to test drive a few options this weekend.

There are lots of great deals for financing at the moment where you can buy a car with payments at no interest or almost no interest. For the sake of having a warranty I would probably lean towards getting a reasonably priced new car.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

My credit isn't awesome, it's not horrible but I doubt I would qualify 0%, I guess I can go and have someone run my credit and see what I qualify for before I even go shopping.

Suddenly the idea of dealing with car salesmen is giving me anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    My credit isn't awesome, it's not horrible but I doubt I would qualify 0%, I guess I can go and have someone run my credit and see what I qualify for before I even go shopping.

Suddenly the idea of dealing with car salesmen is giving me anxiety.
    I would go to a few places and see who can offer you the best financing based on your credit rating and then make a selection of who to deal with from there. Go to the dealers with the cars that most interest you and see who is most accommodating. They are there to win you over and earn your business. No reason to feel intimidated.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Just guessing, I bet most women would say new and most men, used. Just a guess. Speaking of money. I was reading a web post and at the end of the article it said the writer got .01 per page view. That fucking gangma? or whatever it's called youtube vid has had over a billion views. If he was getting .01 on a page view, he would get 10 fucking MILLION dollars for that vid. Boy if we all could just figure out how to do something like that. Oh well it's a good day. Anyway, buy a used car imo, maybe at least thru a legit big dealer. As far as financing, you can get super low contracts from your credit union. I would go to my bank, but that's just me ..... cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 02-22-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm so not the person to ask about this, but i'd say new just because i wouldn't want to inherit someone else's problems. but i'm sure if you get a newer used car with a warranty and all that, you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Yeah, if I went used it would be very gently used. Maybe a lease that someone trades in. Although, I am starting to lean more towards new. It's times like this that I wish I had a man to go with me. I hate car shopping, car salesmen are worse than mechanics when you are a woman.

Loca, you could try getting pre-approved at a credit union/bank. Our local credit union has taken great care of us, and getting pre-approved helps eliminate much of the bullshit at a dealership and generally gets you a much better interest rate.

Also, don't forget the power of the internet, it does much more than this message board. You can do your research online, get pre-approved, then just go drive/buy.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Loca, you could try getting pre-approved at a credit union/bank. Our local credit union has taken great care of us, and getting pre-approved helps eliminate much of the bullshit at a dealership and generally gets you a much better interest rate.
    Agree 100 percent. And Loca, don't play the female card. Go out and kick ass. They don't care if you are a man a woman or whatever: What color is your money. cr****

I would for sure go to this site b4 you sign anything but that's me ...... http://www.kbb.com/ .... You can hone in on a car with at least some idea what you should be paying. Retailers hate the internet .....cr****

ok, I just applied for a loan with my credit union. I love the internet. 3 minutes and I didn't have to make human contact. Whoot!

ok, I just applied for a loan with my credit union. I love the internet. 3 minutes and I didn't have to make human contact. Whoot!
    Nice! Good luck!

Hell yes!!

Fingers crossed for excellent news. BTW, did they say, hey you are a woman, can I intimate you? I say that, I don't deal with anyone almost without exception because a lot of people are lame and drive me crazy. Rant ... cr****

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

"Can I intimate you?" is the least sexy way to proposition someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Fingers crossed for excellent news. BTW, did they say, hey you are a woman, can I intimate you? I say that, I don't deal with anyone almost without exception because a lot of people are lame and drive me crazy. Rant ... cr****
    The last time I bought a car on my own I took my trade in with me. It was a piece of shit Hyundai but it ran. When the salesman was working the deal he said he would give me 2 for my trade. I assumed 2 grand. Then I had to sit there with my children in tow, waiting forever for them to work out all the numbers. Going back and forth with the boss, playing the game they play. Finally they come out with all the paperwork and I was signing my name in all 800 spots, then I notice they only gave me $200 for my trade. Yes, it is my fault for not being specific but I don't think they would have pulled that shit if I were a dude. By that point I was so tired of being there I didn't say anything and drove away in my new car. But I should have gotten up and walked out. It is a lesson learned, but it would just be a lot nicer to have a guy, or even a stronger willed female with me when I do this. I am kind of a pushover, if you haven't figured that out.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    "Can I intimate you?" is the least sexy way to proposition someone.
    You don't know some of the women I knew in the past Not necessarily a bad thing if just role playing imo .... cr****

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

The last time I bought a car on my own I took my trade in with me. It was a piece of shit Hyundai but it ran. When the salesman was working the deal he said he would give me 2 for my trade. I assumed 2 grand. Then I had to sit there with my children in tow, waiting forever for them to work out all the numbers. Going back and forth with the boss, playing the game they play. Finally they come out with all the paperwork and I was signing my name in all 800 spots, then I notice they only gave me $200 for my trade. Yes, it is my fault for not being specific but I don't think they would have pulled that shit if I were a dude. By that point I was so tired of being there I didn't say anything and drove away in my new car. But I should have gotten up and walked out. It is a lesson learned, but it would just be a lot nicer to have a guy, or even a stronger willed female with me when I do this. I am kind of a pushover, if you haven't figured that out.
    learn from my mom. just start walking to your car when you feel like you're being taken advantage of. they always run back to her with better deals. remember you are doing them a favour by buying a car from them, not the other way around. feeling comfortable with your salesman is important since this is such a huge purchase. and make a list of questions so you don't forget to ask stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Use TrueCar or Edmunds to spec out your car so you know the dealer invoice and MSRP before you go. Removes all the haggling for price. It should not be a problem getting them to agree somewhere between invoice and MSRP.

One note on TrueCar: do NOT give them your name and phone number. They will broadcast that to a dozen or more dealers and your phone will be blowing up for months afterward.

See I would go to craigslist, find a car, drive the shit out of it for a few miles, city and interstate, and then buy it or not. I hate dealers so I talk the talk, not always doing the walk when it comes to interaction with people. Maybe this should be in the confessions thread ... Let us know how it turns out Loca. cr****

Yeah, I am taking all of that into consideration. I am leaning towards a Prius, but I also kind of like the Nissan Altima. I am going to test drive a few options this weekend.
    We are looking for a new car, as well. We usually lease, though, since we have the 2 small kids and our needs are ever evolving in terms of space needed to shuttle them around. Drove by a dealership yesterday and they have the Infiniti G37 for $269/month, not sure on how much down, though. If it is not bad I may just have to bite. Had the G35 a few years ago and loved it. Honda and Toyota have a couple cars $0 down and $199/month, but they are base models. For $70 more a month I will chose luxury and speed any day.