Thread: questions from a scotsman!!

Default questions from a scotsman!!

Hey, as the title suggests im from scotland in the UK, me and my mate are coming over to see RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!! but we no absolutly fuck all about the area, so i have a few questions any help is greatly appreciated!!!

1) wheres the best place to fly into?
    2) Once we fly into the airport whats the best way to get to the festival?
    3) Are their usually deals on hotels etc?
    4) How much are Ratm gonna fucking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheers
    Jonny

Default Re: questions from a scotsman!!

Jonny-

Palm Springs is a lot warmer than Aberdeen.

If you're using airmiles, Palm Springs or Ontario is closest... if you're paying, Los Angeles should save you loads of money (try also SNA or SAN, Orange County and San Diego).

You'll likely need to drive -- either rent a car or carpool... your best bet for lodging is on-site camping, but otherwise Palm Springs has loads of rooms. If cheap is what you're up for, try www.motel6.com

good luck -- my mates are coming from London... ratm are worth it.

sooo.... say i was to get a motel in palm springs, how far is that from the festival, and how far is palm springs from LAX?

palm springs i think is about 120 miles from los angeles, so 200km about.

palm springs is pretty big, the place i got is 20miles from the actual polo fields where coachella is.

holy shit, i didnt know that!!! cheers for the info guys, also whats all this shit bout seating?? in festivals in britain theres no seating?

there is NO seating at Coachella
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sd triple c View Post
    Jonny-

Palm Springs is a lot warmer than Aberdeen.

If you're using airmiles, Palm Springs or Ontario is closest... if you're paying, Los Angeles should save you loads of money (try also SNA or SAN, Orange County and San Diego).

You'll likely need to drive -- either rent a car or carpool... your best bet for lodging is on-site camping, but otherwise Palm Springs has loads of rooms. If cheap is what you're up for, try www.motel6.com

good luck -- my mates are coming from London... ratm are worth it.
    ACT QUICKLY on a room, they are going fast!
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

the grass could be considered seating

cool, i just read something bout seating somewhere, i did not wanna watch RATM sitting down!! yea, cheers guys im gonna book a room 2moro. thanks

Whats all this crap about finding a place to stay. Camping is half the fun! Seems like either there are limited spots at this festival or you are all a bunch of pansies! Toughen up! Desert or no, camping is the pure essence of a 3 day festival - old scotty you should know that! Although coming from scotland you'll probably burn alive...

On the same boat, but from australia, what do you think about getting there via greyhound or something? Carpooling seems to leave too much to fate for a several thousand dollar trip!

yea, i like camping at festivals in the UK, but i think we're just getting a one day pass, like i say we're only really coming for RATM! surely there will be some sort of coach/bus for palm springs to the festival???

yea, there'd haveta be... I'm comin from Ireland for Rage. can't fucking wait!!"!!