Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 51525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1694

Thread: Mix Exchange

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: Mix Exchange

Foie I'm not doing another one. Not scheduled, anyway. Maybe if I feel like coordinating it in a few months or something, or if people really want to do a holiday mix next month, or something like that. I've just gotten a little burnt out for reasons Tom has elucidated, as well as the fact that no one can get their shit together to send anything on time. I don't really like chasing people around the internet to attempt to have them meet deadlines and guidelines so things can run smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Oh, ok. I'll just make myself one then.

I didn't give John or Dale Gribble the feedback I should have from the mixes they sent me and I feel bad now. I feel like maybe I just don't deserve a mix exchange.

I would like to participate in another one if it happens, especially on a smaller scale and with accountable participants. I would be interested in a holiday exchange next month if you do go that route.

I sent mine like two days after I got the email and I still haven't heard anything from the person I sent it to.

I sent mine with some delay. But I've sent every round. Does that count for anything?
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    This is why I bailed out of the final round. I sent three mixes and still don't know what any of my recipients thought of them.
    Is this really the point of the exchange? To know what someone thought of the mix you made? Maybe I should go back and read the 1st post. I understanding wanting to be acknowledged and affirmed, but can't it just be enough to exchange one mix for another without all the reviews?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I didn't give John or Dale Gribble the feedback I should have from the mixes they sent me and I feel bad now. I feel like maybe I just don't deserve a mix exchange.
    I feel this way also, only in regard to Adam and Josh. Although, Adam's seemed kind of slapdash in that it was a single artist compilation (MF Doom) and was presented in the most minimal packaging possible. Still was kind of a dick move not to give it proper due on my behalf though.

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Is this really the point of the exchange? To know what someone thought of the mix you made? Maybe I should go back and read the 1st post. I understanding wanting to be acknowledged and affirmed, but can't it just be enough to exchange one mix for another without all the reviews?
    I actually agree with this. While I like when people review mine, it doesn't bother me when they don't. I really just like getting a mix in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Does this mean you are not going to tell me what you think of the mix I sent you?
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

See Tom's post on the last page. It doesn't have anything to do with being affirmed. After spending quite a bit of time putting it together, isn't it logical to want to know if the recipient liked it? In three instances I dropped it into an envelope and it disappeared into the ether.

And, as a side note, isn't that why the Companion Thread was created? To react to the mixes we received? The existence of that thread indicates that a response of some kind is part of the process. It doesn't have to be an essay – it just would've been nice to hear something.
    Last edited by roberto73; 11-09-2010 at 04:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

I view feedback as important for future mixmaking. I like hearing how people respond and what they respond to. Every recipient will be different, but it is still information.

And, shit, the reason many of us are here is that we like talking about music, we like connecting about music. It makes sense that many folks around here would like/want/appreciate responses to their mixes.

I have given feed back on every mix I've gotten and plan on giving feedback when/if I get a mix from the most recent exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Does this mean you are not going to tell me what you think of the mix I sent you?
    I am tardy at times, but I do give feedback because I feel like it's the right thing to do. I know I keep saying this, but I am busier than I ever have been. I can't wait to give it the in depth listen I'm sure it deserves and thoughtfully review it in companion thread. I really appreciate how you wrote something about each song. Album art is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    See Tom's post on the last page. It doesn't have anything to do with being affirmed. After spending quite a bit of time putting it together, isn't it logical to want to know if the recipient liked it? In three instances I dropped it into an envelope and it disappeared into the ether.

And, as a side note, isn't that why the Companion Thread was created? To react to the mixes we received? The existence of that thread indicates that a response of some kind is part of the process. It doesn't have to be an essay – it just would've been nice to hear something.
    I saw Tom's post. I also like feedback on the mixes I make. I want you guys to like the music and for me to help you discover some band you'd never heard of. But, I don't feel like it's the basic point of the exercise. It's nice, but not a necessity.

This was never intended to be an exercise. I wanted people to care enough to make something and send it on, and I had hoped that the receivers would value the effort enough to make some kind of statement/acknowledgement. The latter part isn't necessary but it sure makes it a lot better and helps to bring back a community feeling that I think has been lacking on this board for a while. I don't know, I just wanted people to engage each other and put their time into something they felt was worthwhile. If you (general you, not specific) didn't feel it to be worthwhile I apologize.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I don't mean exercise like a chore. I've found this to be incredibly worthwhile. And so have a lot of other people. I love the mix exchange even if I haven't given it the attention it deserves these last few months. I feel like a lot of people have gotten busy. I don't want to make excuses for myself or other people, but I bet this'll come back around when we are all forced to slow down due to things like winter, being unemployed, being poor, moving somewhere where you have nothing to do, etc. All of those things will apply to me in a month or so. That's all. Sorry to be so long winded.

If enough people want to do a winter/holiday/seasonal/Chrimbus/heathen round I'll set it up after Thanksgiving. Until then the exchange is on hiatus.

Can we revive this for a bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

I'd be down for sure as long as we have a month to produce.

I'd like to sign up for this, I've been supporting the local post office for years by sending out mixes. I guess I'll wait until miscorrections says it's open, then I'll send over my info.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

curious to see if this will be revived at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Anyone want to revive this?

Were these just mix CDs or like DJ mixes or what?

I'm intrigued... Either way, count me in if this starts happening again. One of my favorite things to do is burn people CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

The person who started this thread took names of everyone who wanted to participate and would randomly pick a name for someone to make a mix for.

There was never a set theme or anything. Just a mix CD and send through the mail.
    Some people got creative and made custom sleeve jackets or added extras in the package.

I miss this

It's been long enough, y'all. Unfortunately Corinna doesn't post anymore, but if more than five regular posters (ie, recognizable enough to the community to trust that they will actually participate) are interested, I will facilitate a revival in her memory.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 04-29-2012 at 11:28 PM.

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am 100% in.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yeah I'm in. I did this on reddit forever ago with over 300 participants and it was pretty awesome to see what people got. Craziest thing ever was that some dude had an antique record etcher (or whatever is better to call it) and sent his partner a vinyl record mix. Totally amazing.

Hannahrain, my school semester is ending this next week and will be bored for a bit until friends get home from school so if you aren't totally inclined to deal with setting it up feel free to shoot me a message. I love this shit.

It's all yours if you want it, then. I don't love facilitating.

I'm down.
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare