View Poll Results: When it's already congested, is it OK to push through to the front?

Voters
490. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a concert. I do it all of the time and feel that people who get angry at me are unjust.

124 25.31%
  • Yes, I think it's OK, but I don't do it.

33 6.73%
  • No, I don't think it's OK, but it doesn't necessarily offend me and I don't get mad at the people who do it.

109 22.24%
  • No, it's not OK. I do express my displeasures with people that try to push their way through the crowd.

224 45.71%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Default Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

No... It's not alright... Is it alright if I stab you just a lil bit? I'll only put it in 1/2 way
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been brought up... but the worst is when there is a chain of people holding hands with some big guys up front and they all push past you. I've seen this with up to 10-12 people. One person pushing their way past you is bad enough, but C'mon Man.
    I try to block them every time.
    Fuck those twirps.
    Everyone should block them out on principle alone.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by Premium Roast View Post
    best plan to move through a crowd = offer constant apologies
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Órale!
    talking about how their friend is up front and they are just trying to get back up there.
    I use a combination of these two to make it through crowds. I always stop once there isn't any open space. I'm only trying to bury myself so that I can smoke a joint in peace and I'm always more than willing to share with those around me! Is this OK?

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    I try to block them every time.
    Fuck those twirps.
    Everyone should block them out on principle alone.
    Why stop at blocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

If you want a good spot/seat at a standing room only/GA function then get there early enough to secure it. You have to earn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I am a large fear-inducing brown man, and if you and your drunken asshole friends think you're getting past me while I've waited forever to see whoever the fuck I'm seeing, then you're in for a major bummer, bro, cuz I will shout you into retardation until humilation convinces you to get the fuck BACK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

Lurker

Not ok! This fucked up my vibe several times during coachella. Im trying to dance and stupid amatuer kids pushing past me and me having to stop dancing and enjoying my musical experience cause they cant just decide where to stand and enjoy as well. If u push thru me then i will start dancing flailing my arms and legs around and if you get pushed or punched by me then thats the price you pay for pushing thru! Next time find a route where you can actually get thru without interupting and ruining others experience. Its allways lil ignorant kids that hav no regard for others around them!

Lurker

its also people leaving from the front to go to the back or leave during the show while everyone is dancing. get in and stay or stay out, seriously its so incredibly annoying! it makes me angry and i want to b happy when im listening to music!

I think it depends on the show actually, for most shows at Coachella it isn't okay because the experience is the same no matter where you stand (unless you're watching Arcade Fire) so there really isn't much of a need for you to push up to the front other than to make it more crowded for everyone. With this in mind I rarely made it past the sound board for the majority of acts I saw because I was bouncing around the stages and tents. Gogol Bordello and DFA 1979 however, that was a different story, and any punk act is an exception in my opinion, for the reason that a mosh pit creates space in the front (and for some reason the main stage crowd always seemed really sparse during the day). Plus if you don't want to get touched by somebody or pushed than you probably shouldn't be close to the stage for acts like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

I just discovered the joys of backpacks in keeping people from passing. Its the perfect way to stop assholes without the confrontation. My cowardly self likes that.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

I noticed this happening quite a few times this year, but I've gotta say last year was 10x worse

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMills View Post
    I'm talking about even the notion of politely asking people "excuse me" when there's no room to excuse. Hot pairs of girls are infamous of this.
    As a woman, I've always thought, "Oh I can get to the front no problem." Maybe getting older has made me less of a bitch, but I just can't bring myself to cheat my way around people anymore. And then to see so many pairs of girl try to squeeze past me being like, "Oh my friend ... uhhh Tanya ... hey Tanya" -- so full of shit. So infuriating. Made me embarrassed for woman everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    If an act is in progress, no. But if it is between sets, yes.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    I'm pretty tall and generally don't have much use for being super close to the stage. As long as I can see and hear what's happening, I've no qualms if someone wants to move past me to get closer. If they're not being an aggressive asshole about it, we've got no problem.
    This. As long as you are nice, and say excuse me, I will let you in. Even if it is super packed. Usually it's a person who needs to get to their friends or something, or just grabbed a beer and wants to get back in, and I feel for that.

But if you are a dickhead and you just push, I will fucking push you right back.

Never been more pissed off about this than last night at Portishead. Mostly because I waited in line for over an hour to get in and then stood for 2 hrs in the crowd to ensure a good spot.

Anyway, so when Portishead is about to go on I noticed a dude pushing through the crowd behind me and eventually gets behind me. It's not so much that I wasn't willing to move but I really had to no space to and wasn't going to roll out a red carpet for the guy to get in front of me.

He says, "So, are you going to let me though? My pregnant wife is up there!". I'm a reasonable person and so I let him through.

He moves ahead but quickly realizes he can't get any further so instead stands directly in front of me (he's much larger), almost entirely blocking my view. Clearly, the preggo wife was made up. Completely classless jackass.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rag and bone View Post
    Never been more pissed off about this than last night at Portishead. Mostly because I waited in line for over an hour to get in and then stood for 2 hrs in the crowd to ensure a good spot.

Anyway, so when Portishead is about to go on I noticed a dude pushing through the crowd behind me and eventually gets behind me. It's not so much that I wasn't willing to move but I really had to no space to and wasn't going to roll out a red carpet for the guy to get in front of me.

He says, "So, are you going to let me though? My pregnant wife is up there!". I'm a reasonable person and so I let him through.

He moves ahead but quickly realizes he can't get any further so instead stands directly in front of me (he's much larger), almost entirely blocking my view. Clearly, the preggo wife was made up. Completely classless jackass.
    to be fair, you really should've known that the preggo wife was made up.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

When I was younger, my friend was ALWAYS obsessed with getting to the front, she's a tiny blonde chick, but to her credit, we always got a good spot where there was enough room and we always ended up on stage.

When you're young, you're more ignorant to everyone's concert needs and etiquette. As I've gotten older I seek space, and not behind the tall guy, but don't hate on the tall guy because he's tall, he can't help it.

I'm usually pretty respectful and always scout out a good patch of space when me and my friends are moving in the front right side of the Sahara, share the ganja with the neighbors who oggle it since they were so kind to share the space and smiles.

And if Im walking past you and there is obvious space for me and my party; and you throw an elbow out, I'll step on your fucking feet and push you back so you hopefully fall with your oversized backpack; because you were just a cock who got mad someone got in front of you.

It's like that asshole who speeds up to block you when you're trying to merge in front of him and you've clearly signaled to him you're changing your lane.

****ONE EXCEPTION TO THIS THREAD

NINE INCH NAILS + March of the Pigs - that is the one song that authorizes you to swarm the front like a pack of ravenous zombies, trampling whatever is in your path.
    If you're going to complain about this, don't see NIN live.
    Last edited by Mugwog; 10-19-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    to be fair, you really should've known that the preggo wife was made up.
    Obviously I was pretty sure it was fake but what was I gonna do? What if it was true? Then who's the asshole? That's why it's such a fucked move.

74 people are complete assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

It's a tradition. Get used to it.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

We went to Chromeo in Tempe back on Tuesday. Towards the end of the show, this tall guy (probably 6'2"ish) who was really drunk pushed his way through the crowd. Luckily my wife and I had been standing in the front since the beginning of Mayer Hawthorne's set so we had a good spot, but this all of the sudden bumps into both of us, but I let it go. He continues to bump my wife (who is barely 5' tall) and she nearly falls over. She finally has enough of getting knocked out of her place by this guy and slugs him in the gack and he nearly falls over. My wife is one of the more courteous and nice people anyone will ever meet so the fact that she actually came close to putting this guy on his ass made my night.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rag and bone View Post
    Obviously I was pretty sure it was fake but what was I gonna do? What if it was true? Then who's the asshole? That's why it's such a fucked move.
    A kidney punch would have done the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Give your wife a high five for me.

The elbow to the kidney also works. Maybe these people can learn a little etiquette while they are pissing blood for the next week?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

I'dDoItAllAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Break the chain!!
    I've done it, and it's SO much fun! Bitches get REALLY mad!

I'm like, sorry bitch, I'm with my pals and I'm not about to let some idiot get between me and them, just in case they decide to stay there. So fuck off!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Órale!

I think my least favorite of these shenanigans is when my friends and I have waited in line early, got up in the front when the doors opened, have been waiting some more before the band comes on, and them some fool comes along talking about how their friend is up front and they are just trying to get back up there. Bitch, please. We don't know you and we are not letting you up here. Step off already.
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'dDoItAllAgain View Post
    I've done it, and it's SO much fun! Bitches get REALLY mad!

I'm like, sorry bitch, I'm with my pals and I'm not about to let some idiot get between me and them, just in case they decide to stay there. So fuck off!

I love you.
    I might try it if I was bigger/stronger. I'd be too afraid someone would hurt me.

I was on the OTHER side once -- I pushed ahead (by myself) because someone left the area, and that person's friends got all pissy at me and kept saying nasty things about me to each other and blowing cigarette smoke into my hair. That kinda sucked. But I stayed there anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I got in an altercation with a security crew this past weekend. Because they thought it was ok to "push through" when there wasn't a crowd. It only annoyed me when they pushed me. It pissed me off when they did it to my wife.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Yeah, I don't like to do push my way forward if its possible. Get there early, don't leave for a piss break, or fuck it...pee in your pants. Bottom line: Don't be a Dick, be respectful of peeps, and above all, IF A BRO, DOUCHE, SKANK, OR BIATCH TRIES TO PUSH THROUGH YOU, DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET THEM KNOW THAT SHIT DON'T FLY.

Just be careful if you're piss ass drunk and they're security/bouncers. hahaha.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    As I've gotten older I seek space, and not behind the tall guy, but don't hate on the tall guy because he's tall, he can't help it.
    Well said. Some little spanish kid was loosing his shit last year complaining to his friends that he was standing behind me (at 6'6, was there before him) during the Strokes set. Heard it from him for like 10 minutes, as if I wasn't there. Laugh em off.

I'm 6'7" so nothing really bothers me, but I don't think it's okay to push your way to the front when there really isn't any space.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1