View Poll Results: When it's already congested, is it OK to push through to the front?

Voters
490. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a concert. I do it all of the time and feel that people who get angry at me are unjust.

124 25.31%
  • Yes, I think it's OK, but I don't do it.

33 6.73%
  • No, I don't think it's OK, but it doesn't necessarily offend me and I don't get mad at the people who do it.

109 22.24%
  • No, it's not OK. I do express my displeasures with people that try to push their way through the crowd.

224 45.71%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Default Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If you really want to get thru the crowd just do like I have seen a couple of times. Go to the porta pottie, cover you body from head to toe with shit, and then just walk all the way up to the front usually with no problem and people will just naturally get out of your way ...
    well that is certainly an option...

Lurker

Wink Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    well that is certainly an option...
    A pooption!

Default Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If you really want to get thru the crowd just do like I have seen a couple of times. Go to the porta pottie, cover you body from head to toe with shit, and then just walk all the way up to the front usually with no problem and people will just naturally get out of your way ...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

HAHAHAHA did someone hack Ron's account?
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    ...?? I have just been busy and melancholy
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

You've seen that a couple times, Ron? That's dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Just do like my friend did. As they pass you, kick the bottom of their foot as they lift one of them. They'll trip, fall over and probably crash into a few people. Sure, it may piss those other people off, but they'll be more pissed at the person trying to push through than the person tripping them, whom they probably didn't see.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    That was Daft Punk, you stupid retarded mongoloid mother fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Win even thanked them again towards the end. Just because you trifling bitches weren't there ...

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    HAHHHAHAHAAH I LOVE THIS SCENE.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Bieber on an illegal dose of sedatives for 2011.
    "It's only polite for somebody to levantarse BEFORE the manajatwa."
    -GEMMA

two divergent crowd annoyances:

1. the people who do not move forward in a crowded show when a pocket of space opens up. if you dont take it i fucking will. i will wait a bit, but dont fucking give me a dirty look when you are consciously choosing to leave a 5 person space open in front of you.

2. it seems that whenever im in a were-practically-all-fucking-each-other-right-now-were-so-close-crowd that the chain gang all decide to stop ON TOP OF MY BODY. waited for an hour to be at the front for thom yorke, this blitzed out group of e-tards stops where there is no stopping room. usually i will sternly suggest they carry along, it wasnt until one of them asked who is this??? that i started trying to break their bodies. RAWRRRRR!!!
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I had a recent experience letting a short person in front of me.

It was at Faith No More at the Warfield. I was standing in line an hour before doors opened, ran inside and got a spot the barricade. Waited there for hours through all the opening acts, and finally Faith No More hit the stage. During the second song, a midget and his normal heighted girlfriend were trying to get to the front. I figured I was a tall guy and a midget was just trying to see FNM with his ladyfriend. So I let them have my spot, but still kept my hand on barricade. About 2 minutes later, she was elbowing me trying to get my hand off the barricade and giving me hip jabs trying to move me away from behind me. I asked her why she was doing that because I was nice enough to give her my spot, and she rolled her eyes at me. She told me to get off her back, and I told her if my arm wasn't on the barricade, my entire body would be shoved into her and her midget boyfriend if I moved my arm off the barricade. She told me to fuck off. So I took my arm off the barricade and her and her midget boyfriend were crushed by the weight of people pushing into me. They then moved and I got my spot at the barricade. Last time I trying being nice to a midget.
    is that what was goin on up there? i moved over to be more center stage...but i noticed that chick trying to hula hoop or something...guess that was the hip-checking. what a crock of shit. we shoulda tried to get patton to start ripping on the midget or something. lol
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    My mistake, I thought Ron said he DID that hahaha
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

I'm six feet tall, so if a shorter person asks to stand in front of me generally I'm OK with it. Unless I'm at the rail. On the 18th I was at the outdoor theater all day on the rail, and right before thom yorke came on a girl asked if she could stand in front of me, and I felt bad for her but there was no way I was giving up a spot I spent my entire day getting.

Other than that, I'll never ever push people to get to a spot but I will definitely weave through openings if there is space.

A chain of 15 people moved passed me at Muse, then this tall lady dove into them broke the chain and everybody went shoulder to shoulder and stopped them. Is one of my most memeriable exp of Coachella 2010

I wouldnt do it at Coachella but yeah I do it at punk & heavy rock concerts. I hate it when people are at the boundary of the pit and dont let anybody through to get in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by timbobarry View Post
    I wouldnt do it at Coachella but yeah I do it at punk & heavy rock concerts. I hate it when people are at the boundary of the pit and dont let anybody through to get in the pit.
    That's different, because there is an actual destination, with room for you to be. At punk and metal shows, I think it's stupid to expect to not be pushed or hit at some point in the show. it comes with the territory.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by cormaic View Post
    I'm six feet tall, so if a shorter person asks to stand in front of me generally I'm OK with it. Unless I'm at the rail. On the 18th I was at the outdoor theater all day on the rail, and right before thom yorke came on a girl asked if she could stand in front of me, and I felt bad for her but there was no way I was giving up a spot I spent my entire day getting.

Other than that, I'll never ever push people to get to a spot but I will definitely weave through openings if there is space.
    This happened to me before NIN at Bonnaroo. About 10 people asked to move in front of me. To every single one of them I was like "No. I waited 4 hours to get this spot while you think you can just waltz right up here 15 minutes before they start and get a good spot because you think you are entitled to a good spot because you are short. Next time you want a good spot, get here early like the rest of us."
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

How do people feel about people who had spots but left to use the bathroom and somehow, someway manage to get back to their spot (happened to me 3 times! it was tough, but i made it happen)

Unconscionable. At Bonnaroo we had been waiting for hours and I had to pee SO bad that I crouched with my friends around me, peed in my sweater, and threw it in the trash in the security-only area on the other side of the rail. Maybe tmi, but I'm illustrating a point here. You do whatcha gotta do when you're dedicated to being up front for a certain band.

THEN some dumbass girl comes pushing out through thousands of people to "go get everyone water and food." We're like hell no, she's not getting back through. But sure enough, she comes waltzing back up, squeezing through an insanely-tightly packed crowd to reassume her spot in the very front on the rail. I still prefer my way, however insane that sounds. It's just not right to push through a crowd, either to get up front or to get out of it and then back in. Not okay.

Oh my. I dont even bother with even considering that at a festival. Only small venue shows (the leaving for bathroom).

If I was with X amount of people who were like minded at a festival, and i RLY had to go, i'd prolly pee in place or something.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

one guy was a total fuckin ass and actually shoved my gf on her ass on our way OUT of a crowd.. this was at Deadmau5.....

I have really been cutting back on my shows, but something I haven’t seen in a while is like a crowd “wave”. It seemed to happen with bands like Ministry and Quicksand. There were just these waves of people that would lean forward and backwards all the show. It was always interesting, but if you caught in the middle, sometimes it was hard to get out. Not really a mosh pit, but akin to it I guess. If you didn’t walk out of the pit with blood on you, you failed ….
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

It's rude to push people. Period. If you wanna make your way up there as space becomes available, I have no issue with that. You push me, you're getting pushed back. Don't be a fucking douche nozzle.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

only way to get to front
    *there are plans, but they have no dates*

I looked at this thread title and rethought this shit through. (With a buzz, of course.) But, I'm trying to think about the last time I saw a show with seating, where it wasn't assigned. Most times, it is. And if it's not, then I would think you'd just get there earlier in line to enter.

If, by good seats, you're referring to walking into the Sahara Tent 20 minutes into a set and pushing me out of your way to get closer to the front, you might want to try saying, "excuse me" first. Otherwise, you become fair game and learn about "doing unto others..." Oh,and if you think the dumb bimbo with you works like a free pass to be an asshole,, sorry...she just makes you look like a dumb asshole.

I don't mind 'making your way' through the crowed to get a better view. I DO however mind being pushed for you to get through. The absolute worst are the train of 15 people holding hands snaking their way through halfway through a set. It's fucking dumb and at that point it's one man for themselves. Sorry non-negotiable, you and your lame clique are not getting by me.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I admittedly do this at metal shows and hard rock shows if I wanna be in the pit. When it comes to festivals my biggest annoyance is the people that wanna leave halfway through the set and feel the need to run with their elbows up to get out.

For example this year at Lollapalooza during Soundgarden, after Black Hole Sun was played some douche bags were forcing their way out by elbowing everyone in their way and by doing this they ended up nailing some girl in the nose and made it bleed. Needless to say people got pissed at these guys and their response was along the lines of, "what the fuck, we're just trying to get out."
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

You get there first and your in the front! You get there last and your stuck out back!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

There was an asshole at JZ who pushed to the front. When the show started he fell forward on the floor to move about 5 girls in front of him out of his way. They all scattered and looked down concerned/annoyed at the big fat guy that had fallen. When he got up he stepped forward again into the room his fall had just cleared grinning as his new spot 3 people from the rail.

I pushed people who pushed me. I was lucky enough not to get into any fist fights just *OH HOW DARE YOU PUSH ME* looks from people who had just blatantly pushed me. I don't care if I am rail at the best concert in the world; if someone is going to put their hands on me they are going to get stomped.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

I had a fairly good position for MUSE. I couldn't pee since there were people all around me, so I walk to the restroom. On my way back to my friends and spot there were these douches [BROS] trying to fight me (even though I was being polite and saying "excuse me)

fyi everyone around me will get R'Kelly'd from now on.

I see the band that's playing before the show I want to see, then slowly work my way to the rail, when pockets open up. Im a pretty big guy (6'2" 250) and its hard to work my way through a crowd with out pissing people off. Even if I am trying to be cool about it. My wife is (5'1 110) and gets through a crowd very easy. She grabs my hand and says follow me. Yea right.