View Poll Results: When it's already congested, is it OK to push through to the front?

Voters
490. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a concert. I do it all of the time and feel that people who get angry at me are unjust.

124 25.31%
  • Yes, I think it's OK, but I don't do it.

33 6.73%
  • No, I don't think it's OK, but it doesn't necessarily offend me and I don't get mad at the people who do it.

109 22.24%
  • No, it's not OK. I do express my displeasures with people that try to push their way through the crowd.

224 45.71%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Default Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Short people are entitled to be in front of you because YOU CAN STILL SEE, tall asshole.
    I agree with both of you, its a balance of arrival and height. Either way... im not going to have 300 midgets between me and Chris Taylor. One or two midgets, but not the whole midget family that arrived twenty minutes after me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Bieber on an illegal dose of sedatives for 2011.
    "It's only polite for somebody to levantarse BEFORE the manajatwa."
    -GEMMA

Default Re: Do you think it's alright to push through the crowd to get good seats?

You'll get an elbow to the chest from me. I didn't stand in once place for over 30 minutes to save a space for anyone who decided they could catch every band at coachella. It's always body to body up front after the last bands set, and there's clearly no room in the wall of sweaty people that the late comers keep trying to push through. Fuck you assholes, show up earlier and save your gas face for someone who'll sympathize with lack of timing.

Girls on shoulders, banners and flags are other pet peeves.
    Last edited by elChurro; 05-03-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Anybody see the guy pushing between Coheed & Cambria and Faith No More AT THE RAIL (right side)? Had glasses and a huge wart on the end of his nose? He started talking shit and I said I couldn't hear him past the ugly thing on his face. When he clutched his heinous girlfriend and said it got the hot ladies my girlfriend turned around and said "Clearly, it doesn't."

i hate it when you share a glance at people who are pushing through the crowd and they look at you like YOUR the asshole..

It's gotten so bad in recent years that my wife and I have been lamenting the loss of the pits of the mid-nineties.
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post

Girls on shoulders, banners and flags are other pet peeves.
    my god I hate this shit too

during deadmau5 I wanted to break that stupid fucking girls mau5 head that was blocking everyones fucking view

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    I agree with both of you, its a balance of arrival and height. Either way... im not going to have 300 midgets between me and Chris Taylor. One or two midgets, but not the whole midget family that arrived twenty minutes after me.
    We must have seen atleast 4-5 midgets roaming around on the first day of the fest. I wondered if word had gotten out about the campground midget toss that Randy had planned.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

there was this girl at devo who didn't think it was okay for this other girl to push past her, so the pushy girl punched her in the face. she wasn't okay with that, either, so she started pummeling the pushy girl. pushy girl had to be carried out.
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

Quote Originally Posted by lickety_spit View Post
    there was this girl at devo who didn't think it was okay for this other girl to push past her, so the pushy girl punched her in the face. she wasn't okay with that, either, so she started pummeling the pushy girl. pushy girl had to be carried out.
    justice.

I fucking hate people that push to the front. Over the course of Sunday me, my girlfriend, and friend were able to make our ways to the second section rail at the main stage. As soon as Pavement comes on this fucking kids runs up and pushed inbetween me and me friend and leans up against the rail. When asked what the fuck he was thinking he said, "I'm waiting for security to not look so I can get into the VIP section." After this dumb fucking incident and the rest of the crowd behind us telling the kid to fuck off, we all kinda ganged up and made people get behind us if they wanted to push forward. Is it dickish on our part to be holding people back, in a sense yes but we had been waiting there for a few hours and deserved those spots.
    September 20: Fleetmac Wood @ Los Globos
    September 23: Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    September 27: Merchandise @ Echoplex
    October 17: Massive Attack / TV on the Radio @ SB Bowl
    October 21: Metronomy @ The Regent
    November 13: Run the Jewels @ The Echo
    November 18: Real Estate @ The Belasco

some of my friends are among the knuckleheads who do this kind of impolite bullshit. I used to love to get as close as possible, but only space permitting. Now I get claustrophobic in the crowd and hang out towards the back. the sound is less harsh on the ears, is better quality and there is much more room for dancing.

I usually just lean forward and tell people to go around me.

I ain't budging for nobody.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I had a recent experience letting a short person in front of me.

It was at Faith No More at the Warfield. I was standing in line an hour before doors opened, ran inside and got a spot the barricade. Waited there for hours through all the opening acts, and finally Faith No More hit the stage. During the second song, a midget and his normal heighted girlfriend were trying to get to the front. I figured I was a tall guy and a midget was just trying to see FNM with his ladyfriend. So I let them have my spot, but still kept my hand on barricade. About 2 minutes later, she was elbowing me trying to get my hand off the barricade and giving me hip jabs trying to move me away from behind me. I asked her why she was doing that because I was nice enough to give her my spot, and she rolled her eyes at me. She told me to get off her back, and I told her if my arm wasn't on the barricade, my entire body would be shoved into her and her midget boyfriend if I moved my arm off the barricade. She told me to fuck off. So I took my arm off the barricade and her and her midget boyfriend were crushed by the weight of people pushing into me. They then moved and I got my spot at the barricade. Last time I trying being nice to a midget.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I recently went to a small show with 3 other girls. I don't normally like to do this because girls can be clingy and all want to stay together and it's a pain in the ass to move around w/ a group of four. I saw my chance before the main act came on and left the other 3 to move closer without saying anything to them. They found me a little later, but by that time it was shoulder to shoulder and they shoved their way up front to stand next to me. I was embarrassed to know them. One of them said to another in reference to pushing your way up front "Who cares? You'll never see these people again." Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Last time I trying being nice to a midget.
    I'd say so. Had a similar but kinda funny experience at the Dublin show.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Where do you guys meet all these midgets?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

wow. i guess general admission does not mean general admission. i'm kinda punk rock, so i make my way to the front. granted, i'm a short thin guy and pretty flexible, so i usually squeeze by unnoticed. but i NEVER mean to be a douche.

to the people that don't let others in when there's a good three square feet in front, i think they're kinda suckie.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

I detest those who push their way to the front and abruptly leave after a band plays their most well known single or track...honestly it's intolerable
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    It was at Faith No More at the Warfield... So I took my arm off the barricade and her and her midget boyfriend were crushed by the weight of people pushing into me. They then moved and I got my spot at the barricade. Last time I trying being nice to a midget.
    Keep these midget stories coming! Dwarfchella!

I almost decided (at FNM-Warfield) that I'm done with the barricade. I love FNM, been waiting a long time to see them, and I spent the entire show fighting off people, getting dry-humped by a desperate chick, and protecting my (considerably smaller and shorter) wife's spot at the rail. Maybe it'd be different if it was just me, but after playing "barricade defender" for my wife and kid at multiple RATM shows and that FNM clusterfuck, then being crushed to the barricade at Jonsi/Phoenix/Yorke (for no good reason)... I might be done.

Who am I kidding? I'll be on the barrier for Soundgarden on August 8 at Grant Park.

** Edit, plus, I get pictures like the one to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    you can push when their is room you have to really catch the moments when people are dancing then moved through them with super lightning speed; but when your the one with the spot just hold your ground people eventually find another way.
    This.

During La Roux there was a dude next to me who kept trying to push to the front. He had his friend who was right near the rail try to reach back and pull him through. The crowd there was already practically standing on top of each other (the only time I really witnessed fights all weekend was during that set. three fights, each between women. I suspect the sardine like nature near the front helped factor into this. Which is kind of stupid on its own, but that gets into a whole different topic). After trying to do this for ten minutes, constantly just trying to force his way through nonexistant space, At some point I just turned to the guy and was like "dude, stop being an asshole. It ain't happening".

Meanwhile, just rolling with the crowd, not even trying to push up, I ended up being in the exact spot where he wanted to be not but one or two songs later.

Point is: don't be a douche about it, and it's cool. But if you try to force yourself to a point where there is no space. Or you push me back to try and get into my space, that's just dickish.

And hey, if you ARE going to get to the front (either by getting there early, or pushing your way up), once you're there be reasonable and expect that yeah someone's gonna accidentally bump into you, or step on your foot. People will be jumping around getting silly. Shit's gonna happen, don't start throwing a shit fit once it does. If that's your concern, best step a bit further back.

Quote Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc723 View Post
    wow. i guess general admission does not mean general admission. i'm kinda punk rock, so i make my way to the front. granted, i'm a short thin guy and pretty flexible, so i usually squeeze by unnoticed. but i NEVER mean to be a douche.

to the people that don't let others in when there's a good three square feet in front, i think they're kinda suckie.
    So if I am wating for hours on end for a spot, just because you are short, thin, and "kinda punk rock," you think that you are entitled to show up late and make it to the front anyways?

I am not asking this in an accusatory manner, I am just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

TALL assholes that push through my way...next time I'm not gonna let anyone through...I'm Only 5'2 it sucked having these TALL guys in front of me...it sucked seeing someones head during acts...and not to mention there were these frat guys and one of them was on the other guys shoulder during Muse which also sucked : [
    "I wonder how many people in this city live in furnished rooms. Late at night when i look out at the buildings I swear I see a face in every window looking back at me and when I turn away I wonder how many go back to their desks and write this down...."
    -Leonard Cohen

Muse sucks anyway.

well if the people aren't touching there is obviously room in front of them so i don't push but i weave

Yeah, fuck tall people moving to the front. I don't care what your excuse is, if you push in front of me and ruin my view, you're going to eventually die a slow and painful death in a ranchhouse in the midwest.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

But what about tall people that line up early for shows? That's a different scenario. I never push my way to the front, but if I love a band and I'm there hours ahead of time, it's not my issue if I'm standing in front of someone who got there right before the doors opened.
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am very tall. it is generally awesome at shows. What i HATE is when i get stuck behind the one other guy that is exactly as tall as I am and i'm looking at the back of a head trying to peer around either side the other time. Ugh.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    i hate it when you share a glance at people who are pushing through the crowd and they look at you like YOU'RE the asshole..
    I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    But what about tall people that line up early for shows? That's a different scenario. I never push my way to the front, but if I love a band and I'm there hours ahead of time, it's not my issue if I'm standing in front of someone who got there right before the doors opened.
    Exactly right. My husband's 6'2'' and I'm 5' 11'' so I'm sure we're not the most popular people in the room when we land a rail spot. But if we've been in line for hours and other people haven't, they lose.

If you really want to get thru the crowd just do like I have seen a couple of times. Go to the porta pottie, cover you body from head to toe with shit, and then just walk all the way up to the front usually with no problem and people will just naturally get out of your way ...
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine