Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,079 of 1079

Thread: Best bars in Los Angeles

Default Re: Best bars in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    enjoy all the torture and suffering those animals went through to satisfy your selfish fat ass, bitch.
    Yes, I do have a fat ass. In fact, it's huge!

Now, let's be friends. First drink's on me at the National?
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

total beginner here. but like the rum drunk better than the vodka, beer or wine drunk. I'm going to check some of these other rum bars suggested here but and am way open to any others, especially in the Hollywood area.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Yes, I do have a fat ass. In fact, it's huge!

Now, let's be friends. First drink's on me at the National?
    I got pit tix.

I got pit tix.
    Well, ok. But there's not gonna be a bar down in the pit... far as I know. Anyway, lemme know. Offer stands.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

total beginner here. but like the rum drunk better than the vodka, beer or wine drunk. I'm going to check some of these other rum bars suggested here but and am way open to any others, especially in the Hollywood area.
    rum is my favorite too. been obsessing for the past year now. for sure check out cana http://213nightlife.com/canarumbar
    I really want to go to http://320mainsealbeach.com/ because this guy http://rumdood.com/ works there but it's a bit of a drive. i'll get there eventually.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I really want to go to http://320mainsealbeach.com/ because this guy http://rumdood.com/ works there but it's a bit of a drive.
    Road trip!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Mike, I cannot believe you hadn't been to Bestia yet! It's so freaking amazing. A new pasta place just opened very recently in the Arts District called Factory Kitchen and it is suppose dto be really great as well.

And Heather and I got a $100 Church & State gift card for Christmas, so I'm super excited about finally checking that place out. We've been for cocktails, which were really good, but haven't had dinner there yet.

EDIT: Also, kvnty, this thread has been around for a really long time and we've been discussing restaurants in here for years. Please don't come in and make it about you and the fact that you're a vegetarian. Play nice and try not to ruin one of the only threads that actually provides a lot of helpful information.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 01-06-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

very sorry. sometimes I forget that there are actually a few genuinely good people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    A new pasta place just opened very recently in the Arts District called Factory Kitchen and it is suppose dto be really great as well.
    I am goin! I mean, it's like the next street over from my unit. Too bad it's on a dead end street. Have to head up to Alameda and then back in. It just got LA Times second best dish in LA of 2013. Mandilli (handkerchief pasta) with pesto. Maple's been already and she really liked it.

Anyone done Rivera in dtla? Impressions?

Going to the Lakers game tonight! What's a good spot to get some cheap drinks around Staples Center?

In the immediate area there is Yardhouse in L.A. Live and Riordan's Tavern just north of it. For the cheapest drinks that are slightly in the area, check out Dublin's on 7th street if you don't mind a 10 minute walk.

http://www.dublinsla.com/
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Anyone done Rivera in dtla? Impressions?
    This place is real good. U Everything I've had has been very good, though expensive for the amount of food. The piquillos rellenos and arepas with softshell grab were both great. Also the cocktails are fantastic (they have a barbacoa drink with beef jerky that is amazing). Great place to grab a light snack and drink before something at LA Live or Belasco.

Eightytwo just opened up in my neighborhood, a stone's throw from Wurstkuche in the Arts District. it's an arcade bar and it is fucking awesome. It has two big rooms, one stand up cabinets and the other pinball, and a decent sized outdoor patio. They also have a second lot where they park food trucks. They have a DJ area set up for vinyl, a good cocktail list, and their beer list shaping up well. The video games are mostly $.25, pinball is $.25-$.75, and you can get Miller High Life for $4 if you wnna keep it cheap. Also, the dudes are really into their games and they have folks roaming the bar making sure everything is working properly. it's a really awesome space too! This was their grand opening weekend and they had lines around the block on Friday and Saturday nights, but I spent a few hours during the day both Saturday and Sunday, and last Monday night during their soft open. They working out their slight kinks now, but this is going to be a great spot for a long time!
    last.fm

That sounds awesome, I'll be checking it out soon for sure.

anyone been to pot bar or pot for that matter?

I haven't myself, but a friend went recently and said the drinks were ridiculously good. he has something that had uni in it. I don't believe the kitchen is actually open yet though.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Going to the Lakers game tonight! What's a good spot to get some cheap drinks around Staples Center?
    Cheapest drinks here are definitely at The Farm for happy hour. Used to go for $1 PBR's on Fridays, but they changed it recently. I believe it is $2.50 for Stella, PBR and Bud Light. Everyday, rather than just on Fridays.

Eightytwo just opened up in my neighborhood, a stone's throw from Wurstkuche in the Arts District. it's an arcade bar and it is fucking awesome. It has two big rooms, one stand up cabinets and the other pinball, and a decent sized outdoor patio. They also have a second lot where they park food trucks. They have a DJ area set up for vinyl, a good cocktail list, and their beer list shaping up well. The video games are mostly $.25, pinball is $.25-$.75, and you can get Miller High Life for $4 if you wnna keep it cheap. Also, the dudes are really into their games and they have folks roaming the bar making sure everything is working properly. it's a really awesome space too! This was their grand opening weekend and they had lines around the block on Friday and Saturday nights, but I spent a few hours during the day both Saturday and Sunday, and last Monday night during their soft open. They working out their slight kinks now, but this is going to be a great spot for a long time!
    Very excited to check this place out - heard there's about 10 pinball machines. Including one of my faves, The Addams Family!

EightyTwo absolutely slays it. There are at least 15 pinball machines and the kicker (ugh, pinball puns) is that more than half of them are vintage. Recommend showing up early/weekdays to avoid the lines. My best score is 932K on the (rare) Star Wars cockpit vector shooter. Come at me, bros.

In other dtla bar news: fuck the Ace hotel rooftop. The LA Chapter restaurant is very good, but the rooftop is a ripoff. Cocktails are $12, tiny, and on tap. The service is pretty good, but there's hardly any view at all. Forget the hype: The Standard is still the best rooftop hotel bar downtown.

Pattern Bar's food menu is terrific. King Eddy is doing Monday karaoke now - it's delightfully scummy.

RIP Senor Fish.
    Last edited by shermanoaksyo; 03-25-2014 at 01:20 PM.

I haven't myself, but a friend went recently and said the drinks were ridiculously good. he has something that had uni in it. I don't believe the kitchen is actually open yet though.
    Just got an email blast this morning saying the restaurant is officially open. 11-11 everyday and the cafe is open later than that.

Oh man, we'll have to keep this in mind next time we're in DTLA. 1litro LOOOOVES pinball.

Can anyone offer recommendations for restaurants in Hollywood? We'll be at Neil Young on Sunday night, but we'll be in the area most of the day - I want to check out MUJI and cb2 while we're there, eheh.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Stella Bara Pizzeria is a few blcoks away, near Amoeba, and it is delicious and reasonably priced!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stella-barra...ia-los-angeles
    last.fm

Didn't see your rec until now... but I'll file it away for future reference. Thanks!

We had dinner at littlefork on Wilcox. Really good. Quick, friendly, unpretentious service. We had lobster rolls (1litro had the one with the brisket added) plus other very yummy stuff. Cocktails are outstanding. I was quite looped after two drinks (I am a lightweight, but still). Good thing we were walking. Two thumbs up from us for this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

low end theory @ the airliner, every wednesday night. great music, cheap drinks. show up early, lines can get an hour or two long.
    '12 - '13 - '14 | blankaz.info

Not sure if this is the best spot for this, but didn't want to create a new thread. For anyone that's been to a "For the Record" performance at Rockwell in Los Feliz, there is a new venue. It will be at "DBA" (the 7969 club on Santa Monica in West Hollywood) and looks like it's starting this weekend with Quentin Tarantino films. It will also be performed at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs. I recently saw the Baz Luhrmann production and thought it was great. Going to try to check this one out soon, tix available on Goldstar.

http://fortherecordlive.com/for-the-record/

anyone been to any of the other shows?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    12/21 Dillon Francis @Shrine - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims - 1/3 Foxygen @Roxy - 1/4 Buddy Nielsen @Constellation Room - 1/14 Run The Jewels @Regent

I need help! A good friend of mine is getting married and her bachelorette party is Friday, June 27th.

She said she "really really would like to go dancing at somewhere like the Roxy, or where there's a good DJ playing for the later part of the evening" ... suggestions? I'm not taking her to the Avalon... and I didn't know the Roxy had DJs/dancing, but either way I don't think that venue is a good choice and I don't even know if my friend has been there. I kind of doubt it.

As far as the type of music, I think anything that you guys would suggest (keeping in mind it's a bachelorette party) is probably fine and I will research whatever you guys suggest so please just hit me with whatever you've got.

I don't normally go out, especially dancing, but I want to make sure has a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Total last minute, but we have 2 free extra VIP passes to this wine, beer, and food fest at CSU Channel Islands today. It's an incredible event. Starts at Noon. Pm me.

https://www.cpwineandfoodfestival.com

This is probably a misuse of this thread, but it has somewhat evolved into the cool-things-in-LA-often-but-not-exclusively-tied-to-food-and-bev thread. This has nothing to do with food & bev, but thought LA folks might be interested. The LA Phil is now offering $20 tickets to several of their concerts. They also have a new younger audience membership program called Coda, which will apparently also offer discounted tickets—it's free to join for the first year. This is kind of a big deal because, in the past, the Phil has only offered discounts to seniors (and, sometimes, students). And, these tickets are regularly much more expensive. On Sunday, I saw them perform Ravel's Rapsodie espagnole, Elgar's Enigma Variations and the premiere of a beautiful new piece for 3 cellos and orchestra by Penderecki. Unfortunately, for now, it looks like only 1 or 2 of the concerts with the discounted tickets are being led by Maestro Gustavo Dudamel. As amazing as Dudamel is, this is still the fucking LA Philharmonic - easily one of the country's greatest orchestras and the secondary conductors they get are still some of the best in the world. If you've never seen this incredibly talented group of musicians perform at Disney Hall, you're missing out on one of the best cultural experiences LA offers.

Current list of $20 ticket concerts

Coda Group for folks in their 20s and 30s (access to additional discounts)
    Last edited by RageAgainstTheAoki; 11-17-2014 at 01:23 AM.