Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bars in Los Angeles

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Best bars in Los Angeles

I've used it several times. it's awesome!
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

We always have problems getting cabs after shows near USC, so this is great. That said, what are your suggestions downtown closer to 7th street?

Right off the top of my head these three are great choices for food and drinks:

Mas Malo
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/mas-malo-los-angeles

The Counter
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-counter-los-angeles-5

Urbano Pizza
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/urbano-pizza-bar-los-angeles

EDIT: also, the metro rail lines should be running late until 2am now too.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

You've also got Engine No. 28, Public School 612, Bottega Louie, Sugarfish..

^ Great suggestions, both. Out of those, I'd rock Sugarfish or Urbano. Sugarfish, in particular, is amazing quality sushi. I wouldn't say it has the atmosphere or experience of something like Bottega Louie's. But the fish is outta this world.

Speaking of DT, two places I need to get to stat are Bäco Mercat (408 S. Main St) and The Parish (840 S. Spring St). The Parish just opened and has what sounds like a great vibe.

I'll get my ass over to the Oinkster bmack. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Last night me and a group of friends went to Hangover, the all you can drink bar in K-Town. It's a mile walk from my place, so not too bad at all. They let you drink for four hours but it didn't seem like they were going to regulate that whatsoever. We went with the cheap beer because, lets be honest, after the fourth pitcher it doesn't really matter if it's newcastle or PBR. The place was definitely not crowded for a Saturday night, and we had a blast. Decent food too.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I did not get the sense that they were keeping track of time when i was there at all. I definitely want to go back, that place is awesome.
    last.fm

That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen once stupid USC undergrads discover it.

But still, I would probably go.

Anyone checked out the L.A. brewing company yet? This caught my eye in particular...

http://labrewingco.com/index.php/los...beer-club.html

The Los Angeles Brewing Company Beer Club
    will be offering deals for regular customers on over 100 taps of cold beer.
    Located centrally in Downtown Los Angeles,
    The Los Angeles Brewing Company will be the place to relax and watch the big game.
    Soon, you will be able to join this unique club
    that will provide you an experience
    that will leave a memorably impression.

SO HERE'S HOW IT WORKS!:

Any guest at The Los Angeles Brewery Company can sign up
    with an incentive to try every beer that is on tap.

So for those who are willing and able:

When you reach your 50th unique beer
    you will get a LABC Beer Mug
    WITH YOUR NAME ENGRAVED ON IT!!!
    (It will be stored for your use at LABC)

When you reach your 100th unique beer
    you will be rewarded with a beer
    ON THE HOUSE ON EACH VISIT!!!

Those who participate in the LABC Beer Club will be given a unique card
    to help keep track of what beers you have consumed

You Must Purchase A Different Beer AT LEAST Every 2 Weeks
    to keep the tally going, or else you'll have to start from the beginning

SO WHO'S READY FOR THE LABC BEER CLUB?!
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

It's a cool, huge space, with great beer selection and pretty good food, but with some of the most inept, slow wait staff I've ever encountered. The waitress i had knew nothing about the menu, couldn't answer a single question and went 30 minutes between each time we wanted to order something. Every person i've talked to that has gone there has had a similar experience. They need to step up their game a lot if they want any repeat customers. i would never go out of my way to go there again.
    last.fm

Right on, Thanks Drinkey. I'll check it out since its on my route home. If anything changes I'll update it here.

How was One Eyed Gypsy btw?
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

OH one-eyed Gypsy was a blast! Really cool decor, much larger than I expected. Super awesome bartenders. The food was much better than i expected. Corndogs were small but had really tasty crispy shells, and the sliders were crazy delicious. Has a piece of someone's bacon pizza which was great, and the sweet potato tots are also really good. nice beer selection, the clown cup cocktail for $4 at happy hour was a great deal, and the peppered tequila cocktail was fantastic. I got there right around 7, and it was pretty dead until at least 10:30. Completely packed to the gills by 11pm. They have live music as well, when I was there it was a female fronted band that was very similar to Gogol Bordello. Super fun times, would def go again!
    last.fm

Drinkey, did you ever go on the Beer Marathon?

Yes! The official event was canceled, but most of the places still had specials, and there were tons and tons of people out. I think we ended up doing 13 bars in 9 hours. It was a great fucking day.
    last.fm

Why was it canceled?

Thx for the review Drinkey. I haven't been there since it was little Pedros.

I did LA Brewing Co when it first opened. Like Drinkey said, it needs work. The Beer Club idea is cool and, since I was last there during the soft open, it may be time to give them another shot.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Why was it canceled?
    It got shut down because of some law about "free" alcohol, and supposedly the organizers didn't apply for all the proper permits.
    last.fm

Went to Bäco Mercat this weekend with my fiance and the food was amazing. We shared a flatbread, the original Bäco, and ordered a few small plates, and everything was great. I also had a couple of Speedway Stouts to wash it all down which is always fantastic. I'll definitely be going back very soon.

Awesome! i have reservations with a big group for Baco Mercat for next Saturday, i'm excited. We have a 30% off deal from Blackboard Eats that will make it even better.
    last.fm

If I can make one recommendation... it's get the toron... definitely my favorite baco on their menu. I try not to order it every time I go there. Everything else is fantastic... but the toron is just.. god damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Awesome! i have reservations with a big group for Baco Mercat for next Saturday, i'm excited. We have a 30% off deal from Blackboard Eats that will make it even better.
    Nice, Blackboard Eats is the shit. Post what you guys ordered after you eat there so I can get some ideas about what to order next time!

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    If I can make one recommendation... it's get the toron... definitely my favorite baco on their menu. I try not to order it every time I go there. Everything else is fantastic... but the toron is just.. god damn!
    That sounded really really good but I opted for the original. Next time I'll try it for sure.

Is the toron the oxtail one? That is their best one by quite a bit. The regular baco is also really good too.

yeah, it's the oxtail one.

Looks like Stone will be opening a location in Pasadena!

Squid Ink announces that the brewery will open up a base of sorts up north, with plans to install one of its Stone Company Stores into Pasadena in the coming months. The outlet will carry rare Stone beers and plans to fill growlers and offer tap tastings, and will help develop what we're just going to start calling Pasadena's "Ale Alley," as this same stretch of Raymond Avenue is already home to Craftsman Brewing.

Fucking awesome.
    last.fm

Fuck yeah!

I'm gonna be getting shitty in Pasadena a lot more after that opens.