Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 96979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3147

Thread: Tool touring this summer...

Default Re: Tool touring this summer...

Or an Aenima repress?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    So is the reason they won't play it because Maynard doesn't want to just stand around doing nothing for 8 minutes?
    Maybe they dont feel like playing it because there are better songs from their catalog to choose from..
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I'd love to get some clarity around the setlist selection. If it really is about Maynard being a bitch, then tell them they need to play "Triad" while May May sips on some hibiscus tea with his pinky in the air.
    Can you ask him if we're ever going to get 10,000 Days on vinyl?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Or an Aenima repress?
    Those are all good. I had also thought to ask why he hasn't done any solo music material while the rest of the band has.

So is the reason they won't play it because Maynard doesn't want to just stand around doing nothing for 8 minutes?
    Maynard does a lot more than just sing during their shows. He often plays percussion and keyboards.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Why don't you ask him if he'll trace the shape of his cock head on your forehead, so you can tattoo it later.
    Also a decent idea. Let me think on it. If I can get the balls too, you may be on to something.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

FUCK YES. That's probably my favorite Tool song. Fuck.

7/1 - Deafheaven @ The Casbah
    7/11 - Cloud Nothings @ Soda Bar
    7/19 - Wolves In The Throne Room @ Che Cafe
    8/5 - Arcade Fire, Spoon, Dan Deacon @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/21 - NIN, Soundgarden, Death Grips @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/22 - Future Islands @ Irenic
    8/23~24 - FYF

Supposedly last night in Eugene they stopped Opiate unexpectedly and jammed out a brand new song per this guy on the fourtheye message board.

OPIATE (Part 1). I have never heard Opiate live before so this was a treat for me. They stopped playing it about halfway through to do what some others called an “extended” version. I had a front row seat for this and I can tell you with 100% certainty that this was NOT simply an “extended version”. That was something totally new.

“NEW SONG” – So they abruptly stop Opiate and begin playing this new material. Overall it was about 5 to 7 minutes long and I will do my best to describe the sounds and also why I am convinced this was part of a future new song.

Before they started the new material, Justin looked at Adam/Danny with the biggest smile on his face and starting “dancing” for lack of a better term. He was swinging his right arm over his shoulder repeatedly again and again, and then started moving his hips and outright dancing while doing the arm movements.
    The new material sounded fucking incredible – this is exactly what you would expect from a new TOOL song. The most notable part for me was the drumming – it was fast (but not heavy – think Right in Two first half) with a lot of mandala/electronic drum usage. All 3 of them were standing right in front of each other so they could communicate. Maynard had no part in this whatsoever – however he did not leave the stage and just stood there and watched the entire sequence with the rest of the audience.

I have seen this band many times and they have played many different segues/intros/ambient sounds in between songs – take my word for it when I tell you that whatever they played last night in between Opiate will be part of one new TOOL song. It’s also just the body language and communication I noticed from the front row seat that made this piece something more than an “improve or extension”.

"This guy" is also the mod on toolshed. He was lucky enough to attend every show of the '09 tour where the played the same set each night. That said, he's a good dude, and I definitely don't think he's bullshitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Ah cool, I knew he was pretty knowledgable. I love reading his reviews of their shows.

Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

That sounded pretty meh
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Meh? Sounded pretty amazing to me. Been dying to hear them drop some opiate songs for years now. So happy to see they finally did. Really hope I get to hear that in SD.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I meant the supposed new part. Opiate sounded fine

Apparently that's a reworked version of Opiate, and not new material. Adam mentioned at one of the VIP sessions that they hope to release it "somehow."

That's right, no new material, but new old material. lol

That's right, no new material, but new old material. lol
    LOL. Fuuuck
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

praying for Ticks & Leeches and Eulogy on Wednesday...
    8/24 - NIN + Soundgarden - Shoreline
    9/27 - Simian Mobile Disco - Mezzanine
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - DJ Shadow + Cut Chemist - Mezzanine
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Erasure - Fox
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Praying for Ticks & Leeches on wednesday too. Held out in 2012 waiting for an LA date....and of course they never added one and missed them playing it in Vegas and Reno. I was destroyed for weeks. I'll never forgive myself more missing those shows. Hence why i'll be there wednesday. Bit the bullet and got VIP. Also hoping to get Hooker with a Penis instead of Third Eye. Pleeeease god make it happen.
    Last edited by Tigo the Tiger; 03-09-2014 at 09:45 PM.

I can't believe people prefer Hooker With a Penis to Third Eye.

Reno tonight was fantastic. We got Third Eye as the opener which was nuts as always. Been avoiding looking at setlists but Hooker and Opiate would both be awesome.

I can't believe people prefer Hooker With a Penis to Third Eye.
    Count me among those that do. I'll positively lose my shit if they open with Hooker Wednesday.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Best tool show I've ever seen. ( Reno )
    Last edited by theresalwaysone; 03-10-2014 at 03:30 AM.

It's not that I prefer it...it's just that I've heard it many times live but I can't say the same for Hooker with a Penis

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    There are so many, its hard to really pick one or 2. Societe is a really popular one at the moment. Ballast Point also has a new tasting room in little Italy that's supposed to be pretty good. Ale Smith and Green Flash are pretty good too.

Check this site out: http://www.drinkupsandiego.com/sandiegobreweries.html

There's also bars like Tiger Tiger, Toronado, and the Tap Room that have a huge variety of local beers on tap.
    The ballast point tasting room has great beer and food but horrible service. FYI, If you want something you need to go to the counter and order it. Nobody is coming to go your table to wait on you.

Also, we got basically 3 new songs. The Dan Solo is one of the most intense musical pieces from tool I've ever seen performed.
    Last edited by theresalwaysone; 03-10-2014 at 02:58 AM.

Jambi makes me happy alone. Fresno here we come. I heard Dan Solo was actually a mixture of King Crimson's B'Boom - check it:
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

May May is selling his house. Google for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    May May is selling his house. Google for the lulz
    It's pretty much exactly what I would have imagined it would look like. Gorgeous interior design. Pretty surprised it took him this long to unload it.

Really? I thought it was really gaudy as all hell. The wood work is beautiful, but everything else is an eyesore.

What time did Tool go on last night?
    8/23- First City Festival, Monterey
    8/24- NIN, Shoreline
    8/30- Offspring, Shoreline
    9/4- Shiny Toy Guns, GAMH
    9/6- Feed Me, Warfield
    9/12- Porter Robinson, Bill Graham
    9/16- Drake, Shoreline
    9/18- CHVRCHES, Fox Theater
    9/20 & 21- Beyond Wonderland
    9/22 & 23- Katy Perry, SAP Center