Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 100101102103104105
Results 3,121 to 3,147 of 3147

Thread: Tool touring this summer...

Default Re: Tool touring this summer...

The rehearsal photos show a picture of Danny Carey's drum set. So he will be there. That's freakin awesome.

!!!!!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

old school

Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    The rehearsal photos show a picture of Danny Carey's drum set. So he will be there. That's freakin awesome.
    My friend ran into him when he did those first Puscifer shows in Vegas. Danny is very supportive of MJK side projects. DC never appeared onstage and was apparently quite drunk.

According to sources...THE BEE REPORTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

See the below review from MJK appearance at Man Hunter screening 2 days ago. I was there and it was awesome. MJK was very polite and courteous to all the fans there. As written below, he basically said the delay for the Tool album is not his fault and said to the fans "stop blaming me for that, do I look lazy to you guys.?"

A story from the Facebook Tool Army group in regards to the recent Manhunter Screening with Maynard:

So I saw “Manhunter” last night followed by an interview / Q&A with Maynard. He mostly talked about the film specifically, but did talk about his various music projects including Tool briefly, but only when someone would ask a specific question. No new information other than him seeming increasingly frustrated with the slow process of making the new Tool album. When someone asked if Tool would consider making a concert video similar to Floyds “The Wall” he answered with “Well, if we could maybe finish the new album first then…yeah, we would consider it.” Also with regards to the new album, he asked the audience “Do I seem like a lazy person? Than stop blaming me.”

He gave some fascinating insights into his music making process and how it relates to the visuals in his live performances. Basically summarized – he pays a lot of attention to the pacing of things, not giving away too much too soon. He really lets Adam run the show when it comes to the music (something we already knew) and comes in after they have things composed to lay down vocals. He unabashedly called Adam a “control freak” when it comes to the process.

People asked a lot of questions about his favorite films and things like that. “Manhunter” was his first choice for the screening and is one of his favorites. He mentioned “The Exorcist”, as well as film I’ve never heard of called “Bliss,” and “Wings of Desire” among his favorites.
    The interview was pretty cool, but from a Tool fans perspective there wasn’t a whole lot of new information. I enjoyed the show and was glad I was there to see the man in person.

Thanks for the report!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I've never thought that it was laziness, it's just seems like Tool really isn't a priority for him right now. I think his main priorities the last few years has just been Puscifer and winemaking, and not much else.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

How could it be his priority if he's waiting for everybody else? Dude's got shit to do, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Interesting set times for Saturday.

6:00 PM Front Plaza Gates Open
    6:30 PM Doors to Seating Areas Open
    8:00 PM Set One
    9:15 PM Intermission
    9:35 PM Set Two

No specific set times for any band? What does Maynard have up his sleeve for this one? This is going to be a classic.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

No set time for Failure either, I wonder if they play sometime in that 6:30 - 8pm time

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    No set time for Failure either, I wonder if they play sometime in that 6:30 - 8pm time
    I don't think so. The show starts at 8. They wouldn't mislead everybody and have them miss Failure. I think this going to be a bit of a variety show. Lots of guests, 5-10 song sets from each act mixed in with videos and random collaborations.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Any of you want to pre-game for Cinquanta a bit? I am chatting with some Tool message board folks and looks like we'll get together. Little Dom's was my suggestion if outside.

https://goo.gl/maps/0P5Up

Fine to meet up inside as well. I'll be at both shows.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Any of you want to pre-game for Cinquanta a bit? I am chatting with some Tool message board folks and looks like we'll get together. Little Dom's was my suggestion if outside.

https://goo.gl/maps/0P5Up

Fine to meet up inside as well. I'll be at both shows.
    Let's meet up at the venue. Probably not gonna get there til around 7. Let me know a spot and I'll find you. Very excited for this show!!

Sounds good. I just talked to Tool boards peeps. Let's plan to meet around the bar area at the center when you walk in just after 7pm. It's tough to miss. I'll make myself easy to spot-yellow Neil Young shirt from the Dolby Theater shows. I'll shoot you a number to text to as well.

Dylan? Omar? I know I'll see you guys there.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Are there any bomb places to eat around the Greek?

I dunno about "bomb" but,as mentioned above, I really like Little Dom's. I'll probably swing by there for a drink beforehand.

Also Messhall, right at the corner of Los Feliz & Hillhurst is pretty fantastic. We eat there pretty regularly.

I still can't believe I saw Green Jelly last night

Wow. Just, wow.

What? Lol that is a horrible surprise
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Go in expecting Tool and get Danny's horrible first band? I'm sure the Tools spun it to make themselves feel cool for having seen a 90s novelty
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Ya, that's what happened. Nailed it.

August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Well, this explains why there hasn't been a new album and why they've been touring constantly.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-2006-20140715

Although both Jones and Carey acknowledge that two albums ago, when they were creating 2001's Lateralus, they could settle into a lengthy creative process that external obligations now prohibit, the biggest problem has been a multi-level lawsuit that has weighed on all of the group members. This stemmed from a claim that a Tool associate had made against the group, but it eventually spiraled into the labyrinthine legal equivalent of a Laurel and Hardy routine, amounting to "who's suing whom."

Initially, in 2007, a friend of Jones' claimed that he had created artwork for the group that he wanted credit. But the suit got complicated when an insurance company that Tool thought would defend it against lawsuits turned around and sued the band over technicalities regarding the case. The band then filed a countersuit to defend themselves against the insurer's claims and now, seven years later, Tool are still deeply mired in litigation with the insurer. The case is scheduled to go to trial in January.
    8/29-Classixx (Crescent Ballroom)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

wow. totally lame

So all these tours have been to pay legal fees. Now it all makes sense.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

What a bummer. That has to be awful cloud to have hanging over your head.
    Though the article, and the band itself in the writing, talks about this anger that fans have for the length of time that's passed since 10,000 Days and the new release. I don't get that. I would prefer to wait a decade for a quality album that I'm going to invest a lot of time in, as opposed to a mediocre mess every two to three years.

7/1 - Deafheaven @ The Casbah
    7/11 - Cloud Nothings @ Soda Bar
    7/19 - Wolves In The Throne Room @ Che Cafe
    8/5 - Arcade Fire, Spoon, Dan Deacon @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/21 - NIN, Soundgarden, Death Grips @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/22 - Future Islands @ Irenic
    8/23~24 - FYF

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

if you want to get that, just read this thread. people have bitched every time a tour announcement is made about how they're going to play the same setlist and argh no new material those lazy fucks, etc. etc. plenty of people have been angry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me