Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 99100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3147

Thread: Tool touring this summer...

Default Re: Tool touring this summer...

I'll try to keep this somewhat brief:

I sprung for the VIP after onsale frustrations. Showed up and the line was about 60-deep. When tickets were handed out, my lady and I scored front row between Maynard and Danny.

The meet and greet was fantastic. Absolutely enjoyed the stories Adam told. Apparently Rosetta Stoned is about Green Jell˙'s lead singer where he went to the desert, took some acid, and thought he got abducted. Next thing he knew, he was in a bed full of his own shit.

As for the questions, some were interesting. I got to ask the last question, and made it a two-fer. I asked Adam if the rumored secret song "Problem 8" existed, and he more or less said that Blair's an asshole, and that he didn't know anything about it. After that, I asked if they could please play Triad in soundcheck. Adam responded that it'd been so long since they played it that it wouldn't sound good. He spoke briefly at how he saw a band that took requests, and then was told, "We will play any song you want...from this list." Oh well, worth a shot!

Third Eye was phenomenal, and Sober was awesome to hear, too. Jambi was a highlight, too, after Adam explained how the song came about from Justin's riffs. In VIP, he had a click-track for Jambi and played the guitar track for us, just walking around nonchalantly blowing everyone away.

Awesome show all the way around, except at the end. Danny threw a stick right at me. I lost it in the light, and it smacked me right in the face. The guy behind me snagged the stick and the glory while I was saddled with a welt and shame. Regardless, A+, would do again!
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

lol at the story about rosetta stoned. i always thought it was the story of jesus told in the context of the 21st century.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I was able to get 4 dates this tour. Spokane, Portland, Eugene, Mexico City and had passes for El Tajin but our flight got cancelled and it threw a kink in our plans. Oh well. Really wished they were gonna be here this year. Any of you guys catch em when they played Coachella?

Are these fuckers still playing the exact same setlist they've played on every tour they've gone on since 2006? These are such lazy shits

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    Are these fuckers still playing the exact same setlist they've played on every tour they've gone on since 2006? These are such lazy shits
    different setlists
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Can anyone recommend a good bootleg to hunt down or can add one to the Group ?

The only one I own is Third Leg
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

irvine lateralus tour plz
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    irvine lateralus tour plz
    That is still the bootleg I listen to the most by them. Such a great show. Definetly in the top 3 TOOL shows I've ever been too.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

hook a brotha up

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    That is still the bootleg I listen to the most by them. Such a great show. Definetly in the top 3 TOOL shows I've ever been too.
    The first Tool show I went to. 11/1/01. A truly life changing event. Pushit (Salival Version), D-R-T and Ticks & Leeches dedicated to the "Hollywood Crows" were awesome.

T O O L - Lateralus

Mexico City
    ps my footage, great venue and amazing crowd

Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    The first Tool show I went to. 11/1/01. A truly life changing event. Pushit (Salival Version), D-R-T and Ticks & Leeches dedicated to the "Hollywood Crows" were awesome.
    amazed! drt would have been?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

pushit is the only other track on youtube from that show.

gimme da boot!

Does anybody know Hawk's lyrics for this, or what song they're from? I can make out bits and pieces, but would be interested to know them all. I love how May May layers his backing vocals in the beginning.

He truly flexes his vocal chops throughout, I especially enjoy the Grandmaster Flash "White Lines" version of "Stinkfist". Nowadays it seems like he tries to get away with the bare minimum, but this set's the opposite, he goes out of his way to show off.

The Phoenix show was outstanding. "Third Eye" --> Maynard saying "Strap in" --> "Sober" was quite the opening sequence. The band was tight, hopefully Danny's solo becomes a staple for future shows. It's incredible. Maynard seemed to be in an exceptionally good mood. I have not seen him that talkative, and active in quite some time, maybe since Bonnaroo.

My only critique would be "Intension". It's a good enough song in its own right, but it's definitely stronger/works better as a prelude to "Right In Two". By itself within this particular set of songs it was really a momentum killer. If only it were replaced with any of the other songs in rotation this tour "Vicarious", "Hooker w/ a Penis", or "Opiate" the set would've been nearly untouchable.

*Impatiently waiting for some form of LA date*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Does anybody know Hawk's lyrics for this, or what song they're from? I can make out bits and pieces, but would be interested to know them all. I love how May May layers his backing vocals in the beginning.

He truly flexes his vocal chops throughout, I especially enjoy the Grandmaster Flash "White Lines" version of "Stinkfist". Nowadays it seems like he tries to get away with the bare minimum, but this set's the opposite, he goes out of his way to show off.
    Agreed dude. I went into this show a casual Tool fan who knew a few hits and left with my mind completely blown and die-hard fan for life. The repeated vocals at the intro of Reflection are awesome and Triad is amazing as always.

Agree agree about Intension. I loved all the shows I saw on this tour but if there is one part that could've been changed it would be removing Intension and trading it for something else. Even though Maynard fucked up the vocals for Opiate in LV it was still awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    *Impatiently waiting for some form of LA date*
    Maybe LA Rising if there is a miralce

Maybe LA Rising if there is a miralce
    Now THAT would be awesome... and somewhat plausible, what with the relationship between RATM and TOOL......but I highyl doubt it :/

At the Battle of Phoenix show May May came out for "Know Your Enemy", it was awesome.

Another goodie from the Lateralus tour. The scream on The Grudge at 15:10 is UNREAL

Another goodie from the Lateralus tour. The scream on The Grudge at 15:10 is UNREAL

They were on fire that whole tour.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

So who else is excited for the Greek Show this Saturday?

you magnificent bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    So who else is excited for the Greek Show this Saturday?
    Two thumbs pointing at this guy!! So curious about how this is going to go down. Will there be guests? Who plays last? Will Maynard do the Nurse Who Loved Me with Failure? Will there be a cake?

So many questions!! Should be fantastic.

^ My thoughts exactly. 4 more days!