Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3147

Thread: Tool touring this summer...

Default Re: Tool touring this summer...

Tomorrow is the day! so excited
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

For those that haven't, or are unwilling to shell out five-hundo here's an audio recording of the VIP experience.

I have to say, it's pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Tool Was absolutely Amazing in Vegas. best show I have seen by them. Thats all I have to say
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

I really enjoyed the SD show too. As usual the band sounded stellar but Maynard really half asses a lot of his vocals. Really heavy on aenema songs though, not that that's a bad thing I suppose...i love that album, but a little more variety would be nice. I was bummed when I saw they played Opiate the night before and I knew we wouldn't get it, but oh well, pushit was a nice replacement. Schism is their most overplayed live song IMO, but that new little breakdown part they added into it was pretty awesome. Still, I wish they would switch out songs like schism, vicarious, and aenima for some other less played songs. Lateralus on the other hand should never be removed from their set...ever. I dont care how many times I hear it, that song is by far the highlight of every tool show for me.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I was really looking forward to Third Eye and Pushit very much, so i was a little bummed they didnt play it. Not trying to rub it in, but I have always wanted to see Hooker with a Penis and Opiate. Finally got those. The "new" material or whatever was played during the breakdown in Opiate was Incredible. I had forgotten that it was still during Opiate until they came back through to close the song out.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Tool Was absolutely Amazing in Vegas. best show I have seen by them. Thats all I have to say
    Agreed. I've obviously seen them a bunch and that show stands out as one of the very best. Certainly the best I saw on this tour. Hooker and Opiate (despite the lyrics mess ups) were insane. Sober had a new ending which was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    I really enjoyed the SD show too. As usual the band sounded stellar but Maynard really half asses a lot of his vocals. Really heavy on aenema songs though, not that that's a bad thing I suppose...i love that album, but a little more variety would be nice. I was bummed when I saw they played Opiate the night before and I knew we wouldn't get it, but oh well, pushit was a nice replacement. Schism is their most overplayed live song IMO, but that new little breakdown part they added into it was pretty awesome. Still, I wish they would switch out songs like schism, vicarious, and aenima for some other less played songs. Lateralus on the other hand should never be removed from their set...ever. I dont care how many times I hear it, that song is by far the highlight of every tool show for me.
    Couldn't agree more with everything. Schism is pretty boring live now, but the double speed breakdown was impressive. Lateralus is always such a captivating experience, especially with the new visuals. Sometimes I lie back and relive the 'spiral out' moments.
    7/30 - Arcade Fire - Shoreline
    8/1 - Xiu Xiu - Bottom of the Hill
    8/8-8/10 - Outside Lands
    8/12 - Antemasque and Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    8/15 - James Zabiela - Mighty
    8/24 - NIN, Soundgarden and (no) Death Grips - Shoreline
    9/27 - Simian Mobile Disco - Mezzanine
    10/4 - DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist - Mezzanine
    10/6 - Kasabian and Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/19-10/20 - Treasure Island Music Festival
    11/1 - Erasure - Fox
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I just heard Maynard is reaching new levels of douche. Special show poster autographed $150 but there is a reverse image of the same poster you can buy with it and if you decide you want the set autographed it's $400.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I just heard Maynard is reaching new levels of douche. Special show poster autographed $150 but there is a reverse image of the same poster you can buy with it and if you decide you want the set autographed it's $400.
    I don't think that is douchey at all. Making fans buy the new album for $400 would be douchey. Selling a pair of signed posters for a price that Big Tool fans may or may not choose to buy, is a good idea.

While we are on the subject, I bought a keychain for fifteen bucks. And I think $30 for an unsigned poster is a Very reasonable deal.

In general I look down upon wealthy people charging for a signature. Ironically this makes me self righteous. At least a CD for $400 would be something that took effort to create and has other redeemable qualities.

The guitarist used effort to create the poster.
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

In general I look down upon wealthy people charging for a signature. Ironically this makes me self righteous. At least a CD for $400 would be something that took effort to create and has other redeemable qualities.
    We don't really know how difficult it can be to choose a different color for every single night of the tour.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Damn that was an incredible show. So happy we got Third Eye tonight. Lateralus was the highlight of the night. Arena was sold out and the crowd seemed super into it. Oh, and Maynard dedicated the show to Oderus Urungus at the start of the show. I was also really impressed by Failure. I hope they come back and do a proper headlining tour.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 03-24-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

The confetti had me thinking "TOOL's Happy Fun Time Music Spektakulah!" Should be the name of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Damn that was an incredible show. So happy we got Third Eye tonight. Lateralus was the highlight of the night. Arena was sold out and the crowd seemed super into it. Oh, and Maynard dedicated the show to Oderus Urungus at the start of the show. I was also really impressed by Failure. I hope they come back and do a proper headlining tour.

The reviews seem to be great from last night. It sounds like the band has really tightened up since the beginning of the tour. I cannot fucking wait until Thursday.

So rather than paying 150 for 1 poster it is 200 each for 2 posters?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post

The reviews seem to be great from last night. It sounds like the band has really tightened up since the beginning of the tour. I cannot fucking wait until Thursday.
    It is going to be insane man. As always.

What time has Tool been hitting the stage this tour?

^^ around 9:30

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    So rather than paying 150 for 1 poster it is 200 each for 2 posters?
    Yes and i've had some very passionate Tool fans say it's absolutely justified. Basically they won't sell the reverse image poster on its own so if you want the special set it's $400 or you can just purchase the right side for $150. One Tool fan even broke down the cost of the poster on the high quality paper and divided the cost by four to show me they aren't making very much money individually. They argued this is unique and collectable art and I was basically an asshole for even mentioning it.

Oh the lulz. I'm looking forward to the show tonight despite all their asshattery because they are good at what they do but $100 tickets $40 t-shirts and $150-$400 posters are all clear evidence of a money grab IMO.

Their prices completely reflect the quality of what they produce. whether its a $100 for the music or what not. You want some memorabilia? Buy a $15 key chain like I did. You will probably mention the quality of metal they used in it though. Just go to the show and enjoy it.

I do go to the show and enjoy it. In fact, I go to many of their shows. I'm pretty sure that means I have the right to criticize them for their $40 t-shirts and $400 signed posters. Nobody was talking about the show. See how personal Tool fans get? Right away with the snark of how i'll criticize the metal of their keychains. lulz

It's grade A titanium alloy, you prick. And to be fair, you got personal with May May before anyone got personal with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    It's grade A titanium alloy, you prick. And to be fair, you got personal with May May before anyone got personal with you.
    To be fair though, I was very unimpressed with the keychain durability. You can bend that sucker and break it in half very effortlessly

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Yes and i've had some very passionate Tool fans say it's absolutely justified. Basically they won't sell the reverse image poster on its own so if you want the special set it's $400 or you can just purchase the right side for $150. One Tool fan even broke down the cost of the poster on the high quality paper and divided the cost by four to show me they aren't making very much money individually. They argued this is unique and collectable art and I was basically an asshole for even mentioning it.

Oh the lulz. I'm looking forward to the show tonight despite all their asshattery because they are good at what they do but $100 tickets $40 t-shirts and $150-$400 posters are all clear evidence of a money grab IMO.
    to be fair to tool, there's been clear evidence of money grabs since hooker with a penis because a song.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

who had the irvine 2001 bootleg? i'm jonesing for it. send me a pm.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You can get the regular unsigned poster for $30 which isn't too bad. I got one at each show I went to. Also, $40 for t-shirts is pretty standard for arena shows these days. When I saw Radiohead at the same arena every shirt was at least $40. I can't justify $150 for a signed poster though.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Yeah, that's what Peter Gabriel was charging for shirts at the show we were at, Mark. Maybe even more, and my dad bought one regardless.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I wasn't satisfied with just the signed/doodled Adam poster from VIP, so I went and plunked down $150 for the full signed poster too (hurry it up, framing shop!). Also, loved the VIP shirt, still dropped another $45 on a regular tour shirt.

Adam said during VIP they take a lot of their own money and put it back into their production. Evidence of this being true is easy to come by. I don't mind paying out if they keep putting on shows like the one in San Diego.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    You can get the regular unsigned poster for $30 which isn't too bad. I got one at each show I went to. Also, $40 for t-shirts is pretty standard for arena shows these days. When I saw Radiohead at the same arena every shirt was at least $40. I can't justify $150 for a signed poster though.
    Word. I agree with you. $30 is fair for the unsigned poster and i've said is much in similar discussions. I still think $40-$45 for a t-shirt is sucky. Up and coming indie bands who need the money only charge $25. Radiohead, Tool and The Police (they were the first band I saw charging this a few years back) don't need to be supplementing their income by overcharging for shirts IMO. I get it though. If people are going to pay then so be it. I'm staunchly against it! LOL

The Phoenix show last night was just awesome. They sounded so good. Surprised the arena show was better than the more intimate Vegas show but they brought it. Maynard was toyful with the crowd at the beginning when he didn't think the applause was loud enough and something like "what is this Texas"? Good stuff. I didn't see an empty seat in that place. Looked completely full and it was quite a concert experience. I'm very happy with that show.
    Last edited by faxman75; 03-28-2014 at 06:04 PM.