Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool touring this summer...

Default Re: Tool touring this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    Put me down for more of the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    add me to the hater list. fuck maynard.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    Put me on the list of people who thinks its gonna be somewhat different than last summer. I'll be at the so cal shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    add me you butt hole, and wait for disappointment
    Excellent. Keep em coming.

So who thinks its gonna be the same ol' same ol'?
    So far we have:
    suprefan
    msklvr
    getbetter
    blinken
    4ransom
    museradio
    brando4n82

Tool is the best progressive band out there right now, but NIN LITS was 10x better than Tool show.
    Last edited by getbetter; 04-27-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    fixed
    How dare you alter my post like that! I will get soooo angry. You... you... you hipster!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Hey wait- you edited!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    You've tried his wine like you've tried pussy.
    BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    Opiate....great song live.
    Saw them do that number at the Verizon Amphitheater, they dedicated it former bandmate "Paul of Love" (D'Amour) that night. Excellent performance.
    I also witnessed Disposition/Reflection/Triad, Third Eye, Sweat and a chilling rendition of Sober (w/ cryptic segue etc.) at subsequent performances. I guess I was lucky, but I'm confident we'll get a few surprises with the new tour. Bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I did say one of the "few bands". Radiohead also generates a lot of luv. As does NiN. Tool is better live than either of those bands of course.
    Really? Because they dont change their setlist over a 4 year period makes them the best live band out there right? You know what, Monklish even admitted to Radiohead being better than Tool live. Ill put up the quote if I can find it to shut your tool kissing ass.

edit: oh, read it and weep bitch.

http://coachella.com/forum/showpost....postcount=8104
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-27-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Really? Because they dont change their setlist over a 4 year period makes them the best live band out there right? You know what, Monklish even admitted to Radiohead being better than Tool live. Ill put up the quote if I can find it to shut your tool kissing ass.
    WTF is the matter with you guys? I have no problem with your opinions but you're on my jock because I like Tool as much as I do? Previous asshole accounted for too. Fark both of you. Thom Yorke blows balls. Boring as shiat live, dances like an idiot and he cannot sing anything like Maynard. I saw NiN/Tool headline together in Europe in '06. Maynard had a wayyy off night and he STILL is a vastly superior performer and singer to Trent, who is a one trick pony lyrically and has a three note range- all of them flat.

I don't kiss ass on Tool so much as some of you are full of yourselves. Go pound sand.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    BOOM.

Saw them do that number at the Verizon Amphitheater, they dedicated it former bandmate "Paul of Love" (D'Amour) that night. Excellent performance.
    I also witnessed Disposition/Reflection/Triad, Third Eye, Sweat and a chilling rendition of Sober (w/ cryptic segue etc.) at subsequent performances. I guess I was lucky, but I'm confident we'll get a few surprises with the new tour. Bitches.
    That Verizon show was kick ass. Although having Tricky come out during Reflection was terrible.

LOL. Who gives a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$$ View Post
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

"If it aint tool, it aint shit!!!"

Last year tool concert experience and my final one ever. Meth heads every where.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you saw them in Denver. I hear the tailgates at Mile High have a very similar demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    LOL. Who gives a shit?
    I'm supposed to apparently.

Anyway, did not mean to lose it here. But wtf is the point of comparing bands in this manner? I like most of them just like you all do. But I cannot believe how much Tool sets off some people. If they had just done Pushit, Jerk Off, Prison Sex, D/R/T and Third Eye this last tour we would not be having this conversation- would we?

Add me to the list "I don't care what the setlist is, I am just excited to see Tool."
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Exactly....unless its at Lollapalooza and its terrible compaired to my previous experience in 06....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

You know the Lolla show just sucked for you because you knew you could have been seeing the Beastie Boys at that moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

edit: oh, read it and weep bitch.

http://coachella.com/forum/showpost....postcount=8104
    The fact that you, of all people, would dig through the archives to dredge up one of Randy's posts from years ago to support your own argument is fucking hilarious and more than a little pathetic. Randy is an undisputed authority on pointing out your douchiness. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    You know the Lolla show just sucked for you because you knew you could have been seeing the Beastie Boys at that moment.
    Ugh. Was that a real conflict? Prolly read about it at the time but that shiat is enough to rip your eyeballs out of your skull. Dumb promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    that. and seriously, it was alot less exciting then seeing them in 06 at GM Place for the first time, the setlist, and lasers/lights...and crowd too.... Lollapalooza just wasnt pleasant enough for me
    Upcoming Shows:

Anyway, did not mean to lose it here. But wtf is the point of comparing bands in this manner?
    Exactly. You can't compare Thom's voice to Maynard's voice, totally different vocal styles.
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

It feels like I've been in this exact conversation dozens of times. Oh, wait, I have.

Maynard is my favorite vocalist when he wants to sing. Recently the vocals seem to be lower and lower in the mix which sucks, big time. I know he's a fragile little fucker which makes him who he is but I hope to god he comes with some balls this tour.

Sonny, I admire your unwavering support of tool. However, calling radiohead boring and nin a one trick pony is a bit much, especially coming from you. In any case, look forward to meeting you at massive attack.

New tour wishlist:
    Intension/RIGHT IN TWO (have.not.heard.it)
    D/R/T (reflection is my favorite song by any artist ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Tool > NIN > Radiohead

I just wanna hear Swamp Song one day....
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    It feels like I've been in this exact conversation dozens of times. Oh, wait, I have.

Maynard is my favorite vocalist when he wants to sing. Recently the vocals seem to be lower and lower in the mix which sucks, big time. I know he's a fragile little fucker which makes him who he is but I hope to god he comes with some balls this tour.

Sonny, I admire your unwavering support of tool. However, calling radiohead boring and nin a one trick pony is a bit much, especially coming from you. In any case, look forward to meeting you at massive attack.

New tour wishlist:
    Intension/RIGHT IN TWO (have.not.heard.it)
    D/R/T (reflection is my favorite song by any artist ever)
    I kinda did apologize for that Dylan. I like both bands. I may have a passion for Tool but I'm not that myopic. I just think that if Tool had varied their set the way the complainers had hoped, we would not be discussing who was the better band.

Hope to see you at MA! We'll chat before then. Should be good times!

Edit- you never saw Right In Two live? Ugh. Damn they did that one often before they started doing Wings 1&2 consistently. Then they bailed on both. I have wished for it ever since SD Street Scene.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 04-27-2010 at 11:23 PM.

I want a personal apology and I want a personal setlist, DAMN IT!
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

They used to mix it up so there's really no excuse. This is what I got in 2001:
    Grudge
    (-) ions
    Stinkfist
    46 & 2
    Prison Sex
    Pushit (Aenima)
    Schism
    Disposition
    Reflection
    Intermission
    Parabol
    Parabola
    Aenema
    Lateralus
    Some other shows got Opiate, Pushit (Salival), etc. And in 2002 they played H....which I seriously regret missing. I think it was a mix of being broke, not being able to get back what I paid for Area2 tickets, nobody wanting to go with me, and the show being in a shithole arena in Richmond that resulted in me missing Tool that year.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Hmm, interesting. Never pegged Boourns as a Tool guy. The more you know.
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I'm so glad that Tool played Coachella in 2006 because I probably would have been disappointed on the last couple tours considering how they've done the same setlist every night and my lack of fondness for 10,000 Days. It was a great set. That, and it showed how lame the people I knew were because a major factor in so many not attending was "Tool? TOOL?"
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Why do people compare Tool and NIN so much? Because they're both dark and heavy and mainstream? To me, Tool sounds a lot more like Mogwai than NIN.

But since we're talking about it, Tool>Radiohead>>>NIN. I kind of agree with Sonny's points about Reznor. I missed the LitS tour unfortunately, and I don't doubt that it was more of a spectacle than Tool's shows.

dude, get off their nutz already. tool hasnt been interesting for years.
    That's not really a put-down when they put out records once every 5 years. It only took one uninspired record 4 years ago to make them uninteresting, and they haven't done anything since then.

That said, WTF:

Except their best and most enduring record musically is 10k Days. Other than that, totally agree.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Apparently I hold a much higher regard for Reznor than you two. The fact that he writes all the music for his band fascinates me. To me, Tool is four parts collectively turning into one where NIN is one part dispersing into four. While I do agree that when all four members of Tool are firing on all cylinders, collectively they are unstoppable. However, I think T-Rez is more consistenly powerful from an individual standpoint (if that makes sense). By consistently I mean, song in, song out. Sure each Tool member has their personal highlights in each of their respective songs but individually I think Reznors songs as a whole or more impressive.

For me: Radiohead > NIN > Tool

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for me it all comes down to Maynard. When it's evident that he's into a particular performance and giving it everything he has, it takes them to a different level. I can't really put my finger on it exactly other than calling it an added dimension of energy. idk.