Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bloody Beetroots: Filled with rave kids!!!

Angry The Bloody Beetroots: Filled with rave kids!!!

This really took me by surprise. Obviously you're going to get kandi ravers and others at any well advertised event, but I would say at least 80% of the crowd at the Bloody Beetroots live show at the Palladium last night fit the bill. Even at all the other HARD events I've been to, I've never seen so many fingertip light shows, people wading through the crowd exchanging gifts, pacifiers, etc.

To everyone who shows up to electric concerts in this state. Do you realize that all you're doing is distracting the people who have come to purely enjoy the music and dance their ass off? When someone like Bob Rifo is playing live music, the LAST thing I want is for three of you to crowd right in front of me and hypnotize each other with your damn glowsticks or blinking rings. Have some fucking respect for the music and those around you. Or better yet, go home and wait till you reach the emotional maturity of an adult before coming out and near ruining these events for others.

That being said, the Beetroots live debut was furious and did not disappoint. Just had to get that out of my system.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Default Re: The Bloody Beetroots: Filled with rave kids!!!

I was surprised to see as much glow as I did at the Bloody Beetroots in San Francisco, since it's a 21 + venue. Did this show not turn into a giant mosh pit?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

It did when Rifoki went on, which was nice because the rave kids didn't know what to do with themselves and seemed to disperse for the rest of the night. Before then, they were pretty insufferable.

I just don't see how anyone 21 or older could show up for a show with their arms covered in dollar store bracelets with a big pacifier in their mouth and retain any self respect...

The raver percentage was maybe 15% at the San Diego show. Won tickets for Sunday's show so we'll see if Saturday's percentage holds up. I love how HARD was pushing for everyone to buy tickets earlier last week for Sunday's show since they were "selling fast", then on Friday, the blogs and labels were giving out tons of free tickets.

I don't mind the candee, it's the pacifiers and glowsticks that drive me batty.

At the SF show there were a bunch of girls in sequined, "clubbing" style tank tops that obviously had no idea what kind of music/show they were at once the Beetroots came on and the floor became a giant mosh pit. I heard some of them in the bathroom freaking out about it...it was hilarious.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

yeah destructo was twittering various places he was going to be on friday handing out tickets starting with de la barracuda on melrose

I Heart Comix said that they had to give away over 1000 tix for tonights show..somehow I ended up with 8.

Quote Originally Posted by milos57 View Post

I just don't see how anyone 21 or older could show up for a show with their arms covered in dollar store bracelets with a big pacifier in their mouth and retain any self respect...
    THIS
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

The Bloody Beetroots fuckin killed it. Why they weren't at Coachella closing out the last night is beyond me but whatever. That show was sick. Planning on doing it all over again tonight.

I was questioning Rifoki for a sec... and then i realized that only Sir Bob can have the balls enough to drop hardcore punk at a "rave" and pull it off. Totally bad ass...

I wish there were more adjectives to describe how amazing this show was.

And for the sake of this thread, I'm 29, wasn't on E, and don't pay any attention to the kandi ravers... in fact I think they're hilarious. They're way better than drunk ass holes or brochella meat heads. When I was a teenager, I raved also so I don't mind that these kids are getting high and fuckin being retards with each other. At least more people are listening to dance music now which is always a good thing.

This really took me by surprise. Obviously you're going to get kandi ravers and others at any well advertised event, but I would say at least 80% of the crowd at the Bloody Beetroots live show at the Palladium last night fit the bill. Even at all the other HARD events I've been to, I've never seen so many fingertip light shows, people wading through the crowd exchanging gifts, pacifiers, etc.

To everyone who shows up to electric concerts in this state. Do you realize that all you're doing is distracting the people who have come to purely enjoy the music and dance their ass off? When someone like Bob Rifo is playing live music, the LAST thing I want is for three of you to crowd right in front of me and hypnotize each other with your damn glowsticks or blinking rings. Have some fucking respect for the music and those around you. Or better yet, go home and wait till you reach the emotional maturity of an adult before coming out and near ruining these events for others.

That being said, the Beetroots live debut was furious and did not disappoint. Just had to get that out of my system.
    Yeah I saw the line outside and was so happy to be selling my tickets.

Crowds like last night's make me not want to go to any of these events... I can't stand it.
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

08/09 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    08/12 - Sigur Ros
    08/24 - Shlohmo
    09/01 - FYF Fest
    09/11 - Swans
    10/06 - Mono
    10/13 - The XX

Maybe you just need to recieve one of those bracelets to realize their true value. I know I never realized it until Feather gave me mine afew years ago, and at EDC last year, I had kids coming up giving me more because they thought it was so cool that someone my age was joining them for all the peace, love, unity, and respect surrounding us...BTW, I'm 49, so to be made to feel a part of another generation's good times can be a good thing when you're still a child at hearrt!
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I don't mind the candee, it's the pacifiers and glowsticks that drive me batty.
    I made a bunch of candee for people, and actually wore it to give out until I saw some chick in her 20's laying sprawled out in the Sahara getting a lightshow while sucking on a blinking pacifier. The glow and candee gifts, I just love, but when I was in the prime of my party years, the last thing I wanted to do was draw attention to how fucked up I was. I guess that was when I had Pete carry them in his pockets for me the rest of the day. (Which also explains why I still have yours...I totally spaced it out when we met, and didn't see you again during the fest. Next time, I guess.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Maybe you just need to recieve one of those bracelets to realize their true value. I know I never realized it until Feather gave me mine afew years ago, and at EDC last year, I had kids coming up giving me more because they thought it was so cool that someone my age was joining them for all the peace, love, unity, and respect surrounding us...BTW, I'm 49, so to be made to feel a part of another generation's good times can be a good thing when you're still a child at hearrt!

I made a bunch of candee for people, and actually wore it to give out until I saw some chick in her 20's laying sprawled out in the Sahara getting a lightshow while sucking on a blinking pacifier. The glow and candee gifts, I just love, but when I was in the prime of my party years, the last thing I wanted to do was draw attention to how fucked up I was. I guess that was when I had Pete carry them in his pockets for me the rest of the day. (Which also explains why I still have yours...I totally spaced it out when we met, and didn't see you again during the fest. Next time, I guess.
    I have nothing against the idea of kandi, but when it distracts people from enjoying a show, then I get annoyed. This was the case last night. People were more interested in trading bracelets and tripping each other out than enjoying the music many of us had come to see, and this made for a very annoying, disrespectful crowd.

Last nights crowd at the Palladium was a fucking joke. The Bloody Beetroots killed it though. 28 Days Later theme and their remix of Il Bruto were the two highlights of the night for me.
    September 20: Fleetmac Wood @ Los Globos
    September 23: Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    September 27: Merchandise @ Echoplex
    October 17: Massive Attack / TV on the Radio @ SB Bowl
    October 21: Metronomy @ The Regent
    November 13: Run the Jewels @ The Echo
    November 18: Real Estate @ The Belasco

candy raver kids stole a laptop from what i heardddd? no good karma hugs for those ass-hats

Mosh pits.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    Last nights crowd at the Palladium was a fucking joke. The Bloody Beetroots killed it though. 28 Days Later theme and their remix of Il Bruto were the two highlights of the night for me.
    i heard they didnt play "We Are From Venice"?
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

I agree with this thread, I couldnt believe how many fuckin retards there were....like a group of 18 kids passed out on the floor all getting those gay lights in their face... and it was fuckin everywhere....just terrible...at least the music wasnt 1/2 bad....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

This is suprising how?

hipters vs ravers vs hipsters vs ravers vs hipsters vs ravers

I left after 20 minutes.
    Couldn't hang. I felt like a chaperone @ a highschool dance.

The show tonight was great. There were lots of kids, but they were dressed normal. Most of them at least. This was actually the least amount of kandy kids I had ever seen at a HARD event. It wasn't even all that crowded, and the vibe was good.

Steve Aoki came out for 2 songs, and there was a mosh pit during that "shut the fuck up" song.

Overall, good night.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    The show tonight was great. There were lots of kids, but they were dressed normal. Most of them at least. This was actually the least amount of kandy kids I had ever seen at a HARD event. It wasn't even all that crowded, and the vibe was good.

Steve Aoki came out for 2 songs, and there was a mosh pit during that "shut the fuck up" song.

Overall, good night.
    Ready for this? I'll tolerate 100 raving candee kids and their blinking lights before I'll hang through another Steve Aoki set! And if he insists on being there anyway, then please shove a pacifier in his mouth. kthnxbai
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

lol, I actually think steve aoki being mauled by a thousand k-tarded kandi kids would be a video worthy of viral-ness.
    ps, bev, I've had your kandi on since you gave it to me- whole trip home and every waking minute since

hehehe last night was hand down the deadest show I have ever attended at the Palladium. They should have NEVER added the second night.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    hehehe last night was hand down the deadest show I have ever attended at the Palladium. They should have NEVER added the second night.
    Idk Hard NYE at the Palldium was pretty empty... The floor was only about half way filled the entire night. Granted Together As One was the same night so all the little fucks were at the massive.
    September 20: Fleetmac Wood @ Los Globos
    September 23: Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    September 27: Merchandise @ Echoplex
    October 17: Massive Attack / TV on the Radio @ SB Bowl
    October 21: Metronomy @ The Regent
    November 13: Run the Jewels @ The Echo
    November 18: Real Estate @ The Belasco

Maybe you guys need a new shitty trend band.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    The Bloody Beetroots fuckin killed it. Why they weren't at Coachella closing out the last night is beyond me but whatever.
    Thank fucking god you dont book any important events.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again