View Poll Results: When selling tickets to people you know, do you quote the exact cost or round it?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exact cost

18 47.37%
  • Round down

7 18.42%
  • Round up

13 34.21%

Thread: When you sell tickets to people you know, do you ask for the exact cost or round it?

Default When you sell tickets to people you know, do you ask for the exact cost or round it?

Some examples:

- Friend wanted to see show. I was down and work right near venue, so I picked up 2 tickets. $40 each + $1.50 service charge = $41.50 each. He gave me $40. I didn't ask for the extra $1.50 because it seemed petty.

- I wanted to see show. Friend was down. Tickets were $31.50 total so I said $30. (Didn't buy them until day of show and they shot up to $34, but in the interest of having someone to attend the show with I just said $30 was fine.)

- Bought 4 Coachella passes + car camping. Assuming 4 people go that's $333.75 each. I'm just saying $330.

What do you do when picking up tickets with the intentions of selling them to friends? Do you tell them exactly how much it was, do you round down...or do you round UP?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: When you sell tickets to people you know, do you ask for the exact cost or round

always rip your friends off. it's good karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Default Re: When you sell tickets to people you know, do you ask for the exact cost or round

I always tell them the exact price.
    I let them decide if they want to pay exact, or round up/down.

I am really annoyed by friends when I tell them the ticket cost $32, and they only give me $30 kind of thing. If its just the two of you guys then its not that big of a deal, but what if you bought tickets for a group of 4 and everyone shorts you $2.. kinda lame in my opinion, if the ticket buyer went to the trouble of buying the tickets and everything, everyone else could go to the trouble to make sure they are reimbursed in full, even it means stopping at the gas station on the way to meet up with you and buying a pack of gum to break that $5.

I always like to post lame questions on board and see what flies!!
    verveman77:

$350 cash - saved your ass again fee

or $360 - because everyone will assume you have $10 change on you

Round up to nearest dollar. Break a 20 and get a stripper wod if you are worried about getting stiffed a few bucks.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I think xuclarockerx needs a life coach.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I think you've found your new calling

I tell them the exact amount and then I decide if they round down. I buy a lot of tickets and I'd be losing around $50 a week if I let everyone just round down.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I round down and usually say, just buy me a beer at the show which normally more than covers anymore cost.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Some examples:

- Friend wanted to see show. I was down and work right near venue, so I picked up 2 tickets. $40 each + $1.50 service charge = $41.50 each. He gave me $40. I didn't ask for the extra $1.50 because it seemed petty.

- I wanted to see show. Friend was down. Tickets were $31.50 total so I said $30. (Didn't buy them until day of show and they shot up to $34, but in the interest of having someone to attend the show with I just said $30 was fine.)

- Bought 4 Coachella passes + car camping. Assuming 4 people go that's $333.75 each. I'm just saying $330.

What do you do when picking up tickets with the intentions of selling them to friends? Do you tell them exactly how much it was, do you round down...or do you round UP?
    ...the fuck, you're serious, aren't you?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.