Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of Boardmembers DEFINITELY returning next year when overcrowding isnt addressed

Default List of Boardmembers DEFINITELY returning next year when overcrowding isnt addressed

Since we already have a Clusterfuckchella complaints thread, here is where we should make our stand.

Coachella used to be a magical experience for the hard-core music fan. This year, we were marginalized and sometimes literally trampled over by 75,000 Casual Music Fans. Not cool, Paul. Not cool.

We, the below listed, will be spending our hard-earned cash to travel to Coachella next year even if GV does not make a concerted effort to address the overcrowding issues, and issues a statement to that effect.

Please sign below, and keep your flaming in a separate thread if that is what you feel like doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: List of Boardmembers DEFINITELY returning next year when overcrowding isnt addres

You buffoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Default Re: List of Boardmembers DEFINITELY returning next year when overcrowding isnt addres

Eh, I'll sign. Even with the douchery involved with this year, I can't see myself sitting at home while Coachella is going on

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

the headliners and subheadliners better be great

i dont wanna pay 300 bucks for bands i can see in LA
    Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    who the fuck quotes themselves in their sigs?

It really doesn't matter what they charge or how many sardines they pack us in with, I am buying passes on the first day they make them available, and come that weekend in spring, I will be there enjoying whatever magic is still left in coachella. Money is temporary, hardship is quickly forgotten, memories last until alzheimers!
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

^ agreed... it's practically in my backyard too... i request the days off as soon as they are announced... i buy the tickets as soon as they go on sale... i'm definitely going in 2011 and i'm sure they are going to improve upon the problems
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

This was me and my friends first year and we all pretty much agree that we're coming back no matter who's on the lineup.

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

x Ryan the Girl
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

I've been to every Coachella, but after this year, I'm gonna have to see the lineup...as much as I hate to say it, there will one day be a lineup that fits more in line with the contemporary, more mainstream Coachella crowd, and that may be the day it becomes a memory for me.

But the chances are good I'm still going to be going for the foreseeable future.
    '99-'11...

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    the headliners and subheadliners better be great

i dont wanna pay 300 bucks for bands i can see in SF
    fixed. Outside of Fever Ray and Gorillaz I could've seen pretty much everything I really wanted to see here. without the shitty audience and overcrowded aspects.

*sigh*

I don't know yet. Even making a wishlist for 2011 seems weird now.

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I've been to every Coachella, but after this year, I'm gonna have to see the lineup...as much as I hate to say it, there will one day be a lineup that fits more in line with the contemporary, more mainstream Coachella crowd, and that may be the day it becomes a memory for me..
    this. I don't mind a more contemporary line up as long as we have goodies for the rest of us. But, that same contemporary line up also brought a lot of idiots with it. The overselling didn't help either. I am really at a loss for words. I will plan on attending next year AS long as the issues this year are addressed and the line up is great.

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    But the chances are good I'm still going to be going for the foreseeable future.
    It's funny, I was trying to find another festival to go to but none, (maybe Roskilde?) holds a candle to Coachella's line up this year, international or domestic.

But the title to this thread needs to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

since ive started going to coachella the lineup has not once disappointed me. Even in 2008 i was feeling kinda meh then look who got added two weeks before the fest....

ill be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I thought you skipped Aphex Twin.

It definitely was crowded but it did not take away from my enjoyment of the festival. Then again I have more patience than a lot of you. I will be there next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

We will be back, but if things are not adjusted it may be our last year. SO . . . GV please do what needs to be done, so the dingo won't eat my baby.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    since ive started going to coachella the lineup has not once disappointed me. Even in 2008 i was feeling kinda meh then look who got added two weeks before the fest....

ill be there.
    I was crushed when the 2008 line up came out, but I had faith so I planned my trip anyway. And now 2008 is my favorite Coachella. In other words, I'll be back.

Buying my ticket and camping pass as soon as they're released.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

Im going no matter what... 2010 was insane
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Well, we've been every year so can't stop now-but please sell less tickets!

Lurker

I had a great time at Coachella 10, definitely will be back next year.

I'm there.

Since when does asking to "keep your flaming in a seperate thread" actually work?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Since when does asking to "keep your flaming in a seperate thread" actually work?
    Suprisingly this seems to have been a low flame zone.... But maybe that's about to change?
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

There are so many whiners about this "overcrowding issue". I definitely did not notice anything in the way of overcrowding except for the campground showers (figure that shit out guys, it did not use to take me 3 hours to shower when i got up at 6), and the usual gobi cramp.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Also, this was one of the most fun coachella's i have ever had. My 7th coachella. No small statement when I say "I look forward to 8"

Signed
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kropladop View Post
    Since we already have a Clusterfuckchella complaints thread, here is where we should make our stand.

Coachella used to be a magical experience for the hard-core music fan. This year, we were marginalized and sometimes literally trampled over by 75,000 Casual Music Fans. Not cool, Paul. Not cool.

We, the below listed, will be spending our hard-earned cash to travel to Coachella next year even if GV does not make a concerted effort to address the overcrowding issues, and issues a statement to that effect.

Please sign below, and keep your flaming in a separate thread if that is what you feel like doing.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

take it to facebook

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

take it to facebook
    My hero.

P.S. DELETE THREAD
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

It'd be nice if they scaled the ticket sales back, but whatever. I go every year, it's not going to change. I still had a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    There are so many whiners about this "overcrowding issue". I definitely did not notice anything in the way of overcrowding except for the campground showers (figure that shit out guys, it did not use to take me 3 hours to shower when i got up at 6), and the usual gobi cramp.
    dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

im from fl and ill def bet there no matter what