Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many people bought the counterfeit Empire Passes?

Default How many people bought the counterfeit Empire Passes?

I bought two for $1k on Friday afternoon. I was actually able to get backstage at the main stage and the sahara tent (even saw Jay-Z up close), but by Friday night, security took the wristbands away from me (they let me stay for the night, however).

Anyways, I'm posting because I've already contacted the Indio PD, and I'm trying to gauge just how many people fell victim to this scam. Don't be embarrassed to post up! It was a really good operation they had going.

Feel free to post or PM me with the name and phone number of the person who sold you the wristbands, since they all seemed to have come from one main source. All info will go straight to the Indio PD. They really want to catch these guys.

Default Re: How many people bought the counterfeit Empire Passes?

you were trying to buy something you knew you weren't entitled to. i don't feel bad for you in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you were trying to buy something you knew you weren't entitled to. i don't feel bad for you in the least.
    Where in my posting does it look like I'm trying to elicit sympathy? I'm not. In fact, being able to go from backstage to backstage the entire day Friday was easily worth the entire $500 I spent on my wristband.

I just want to know who else bought the same wristbands I bought and from who so we can forward the info to the PD. Plain and simple.

Why wouldnt he be entitled to go backstage if he thought he was paying for a legitimate backstage wristband?
    My panic attack is having a panic attack. It's called a panic annic attack.

because backstage passes are not originally for sale

If it's a real wristband, then whoever has it is entitled to sell it, so whoever pays for it is entitled to use it. That's capitalism, man.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    because backstage passes are not originally for sale
    Unless you purchase a Safari tent.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

blue plate special

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    If it's a real wristband, then whoever has it is entitled to sell it
    This is the part where you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    That's capitalism, man.
    Some shit is non-transferable.
    Last edited by fancy restaurant; 05-03-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    This is the part where you're wrong.
    Unless they're non-trasnferrable, I don't see why you can't sell them. You can sell VIP wristbands, tickets, etc. Maybe they say that they can't be transferred (I don't know, I've never looked at one of these writbands). Do they? Otherwise, they're just like any other property.

no, they are given to friends and family, etc. who you assume are not going to try and profit off of the givers generosity. the person they are given to is the one who is supposed to use them, plain and simple. i am given a few backstage wristbands each year by my friend who runs the fest and i in no way would ever take advantage of the generosity i receive. no amount of money is worth the way i would feel for doing so. unfortunately not everyone has a conscience. it's a shitty thing to do no matter how someone tries to justify it.

no, they are given to friends and family, etc. who you assume are not going to try and profit off of the givers generosity. the person they are given to is the one who is supposed to use them, plain and simple. i am given a few backstage wristbands each year by my friend who runs the fest and i in no way would ever take advantage of the generosity i receive. no amount of money is worth the way i would feel for doing so. unfortunately not everyone has a conscience. it's a shitty thing to do no matter how someone tries to justify it.
    I agree. I'm not talking about what people should or shouldn't do, I'm just saying that if you own something, you can to sell it. Thus, if somebody buys one of these wristbands, they have a right to use it, whether that's right or wrong. (This is assuming that there's no "non-trasnferrable" aspect to these wristbands, which there might be).

It has nothing to do with having a conscience. I used to get a few wristbands every year. "Here's some wristbands. Do what you want with them." -- and my connect at Goldenvoice is probably in a higher position to say so than yours. So self-righteous about your money-making Goliath. Silly.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

fortunately "no", but I can emphathize brother. And brethen.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Fwiw, I feel bad for the OP
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

lowfront

"hey I bought something I shouldn't have had"

"Security took it from me"

"It's ok, it was worth the $500 bucks to be backstage all day friday!"

"Now! I'm going to call the police and have this man arrested!!!!!!!"

Well he had fun and didn't find out it was stolen til after his fun was over at the end of the night. What the hell is wrong with this? Are people just posting in this thread to harass the OP?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

lowfront

The OP has no regrets about buying his wristband which he knew he shouldn't of had

now he wants the guy that gave him some of the best memories of his life arrested

Yeah, because for a lot of other people, those memories weren't so great. You know, being denied at the gates and losing $500. God, you people shouldn't even fucking come to the festival with your attitudes. Do you think someone who probably scammed a lot more folks than this guy should just be let off scott-free?

You all are fucking BACKWARDS.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

lowfront

Here buy this pass that is impossible to get and you know you shouldn't have!!!!

Shit OK!!!

They're actually not that impossible to get. I suppose if you have had one, you would know it's not that special. Coachella charges 5000 bucks for two of those wristbands that get you crappy side stage viewing, and half the time you cant even get backstage at some of the stages. So who cares if some guy is selling one and another buys it. It's nothing sacred, geesh.
    My panic attack is having a panic attack. It's called a panic annic attack.

For the first week after Coachella, you guys bitched about having too many people, people sneaking in without tickets, and GV running out of wristbands...

Now, the OP comes along and shares his story in an attempt to maybe correct or help avoid having this happen to someone else next year, and guess what??? You assholes are still bitching... WTF???
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    and my connect at Goldenvoice is probably in a higher position to say so than yours.
    unless your connection at goldenvoice is paul t. himself then i think not. he's pretty much the only person in a higher position than my friend when it comes to coachella,

oh, and my dick is bigger than yours...you know, just to go along with the spirit of our posts and all
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Banned

I bought one for $300. But I thought it was real, the guy said his friend worked at Golden Voice. I was told I had to enter through a "special gate" on monroe st. Gate 6B I think it was. Turns out that the guards at 6B were bribed to let the people in. It was a all a big scam. Nevertheless, I managed to get in on the first day at 6B. The second and third day at the main gates. I think I have a picture of the pass I bought on my iphone somewhere.

Were you told to go through 6B?

The ironic thing is, a few days after the event, I learned that my dad's plumbing company does work for Mr. Alexander Haagen on his estate in Palos Verdes (LA area). I probably could have gotten a real one if I would of known that earlier.

oh, and my dick is bigger than yours...you know, just to go along with the spirit of our posts and all
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Dicks or it didn't happen.
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

One of my friends and his girl bought one the first day, then got chased down and had them taken away. He went and found the guy that sold him it and he gave him another one and tried to use it again.....there were also 6 random dumbass girls at my campsite at like 6 on friday that said they all bought fake bands....teal cotton things? if thats what you're talking about.....and were complaining they didnt work then tried to mooch drugs. needless to say, served them right and then kicked them out of my site.

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsForTheMind View Post
    One of my friends and his girl bought one the first day, then got chased down and had them taken away. He went and found the guy that sold him it and he gave him another one and tried to use it again.....there were also 6 random dumbass girls at my campsite at like 6 on friday that said they all bought fake bands....teal cotton things? if thats what you're talking about.....and were complaining they didnt work then tried to mooch drugs. needless to say, served them right and then kicked them out of my site.
    Yeah, light blue cotton wristbands with "eleven" printed on them.
    Last edited by Elliot; 05-05-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    The OP has no regrets about buying his wristband which he knew he shouldn't of had

now he wants the guy that gave him some of the best memories of his life arrested
    The best memories of his life...on Friday. The fake wristband didn't get him in on Saturday and Sunday. You're chastising him because he didn't let this get him down. What...the fuck? Really, stop the bullshit.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Anyone else who bought these wristbands, please PM me. As of right now the cops are literally too lazy to do anything about it, but if we can get enough people to come forward maybe they'll "investigate" it further.

All I have are two valid phone numbers and a couple of names. If only I told the cops this guy threatened to bomb Times Square or something...maybe then they'd be interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
    All info will go straight to the Indio PD. They really want to catch these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
    As of right now the cops are literally too lazy to do anything about it, but if we can get enough people to come forward maybe they'll "investigate" it further.
    Wow, that didn't take long. Busy week in Indio?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands