Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Boardmembers NOT returning next year unless overcrowding is addressed

Default List of Boardmembers NOT returning next year unless overcrowding is addressed

Since we already have a Clusterfuckchella complaints thread, here is where we should make our stand.

Coachella used to be a magical experience for the hard-core music fan. This year, we were marginalized and sometimes literally trampled over by 75,000 Casual Music Fans. Not cool, Paul. Not cool.

We, the below listed, will not be spending our hard-earned cash to travel to Coachella next year unless GV makes a concerted effort to address the overcrowding issues, and issues a statement to that effect.

Please sign below, and keep your flaming in a separate thread if that is what you feel like doing.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 04-22-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: List of Boardmembers NOT returning next year unless overcrowding is addressed

I, BlackSwan, will not be spending my hard-earned cash to travel down to Coachella next year unless GV makes a concerted effort to address the overcrowding issues, and issues a statement to that effect.... and books Bowie.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: List of Boardmembers NOT returning next year unless overcrowding is addressed

This never works.

Delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Its funny how up until the festival all you guys were on the nuts of the 3 day tickets only rule because it would filter out all the "Casual Music Fans"

75k was just too much though. They need to cap at 65K tops
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Yeahhhhh single dayy passes tooooooo

I think 3 day was a great idea. If you're gonna go to Coachella, GO TO COACHELLA. Experience it in full, single day is a cop out.

it was overcrowded and poorly run.. hopefully they address the issues or else im gonna look elsewhere as well.. i used to love coachella, but after this year im seriously considering trying a different festival and put my money there. i never thought i would say that about coachella but it just got fucking ridiculous this year...

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    I think 3 day was a great idea. If you're gonna go to Coachella, GO TO COACHELLA. Experience it in full, single day is a cop out.
    Obviously sarcastic...

Someone call for an wambulance.

This really doesn't do anything. Show them you are serious by just not going and giving them money.
    For your health

a lot of me is starting to think that someone (an artist of epic proportion) has given COACHELLA a bit of a deadline.... im starting to think this year was just all about making a ton of extra money to pay someone really really big in the next year or two.

Think about it.... extra number of tickets sold, only three day passes, lack of major $$$$ artists this year, lack of major art, total lack of security, extra money for the water bottles, less staff, and i know they saved money on that bullshit shower situation....

so yeah, i would never say "Im not going to COACHELLA" id go regardless, but please GV, this fest means a lot to us and the over crowding this year was horrific! Lets hope this was just a year to produce some extra funds and everything will go back to normal next year.

09 by far has seemed to be the most comfortable year so far for me....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

You people gripe too much. Take the circumstances for what they are and just have some simple fun
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    THIS god yes even though it was so packed i'm glad there were no d-bags there only for one day it was nice having everyone on pretty much the same page

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

If I don't go somebody else will and it will still sell out. This won't accomplish anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

good ol' american complacency. They DO read this board ("Welcome Juggalos", booking Grace Jones etc). It doesn't fucking cost anything to make your voice heard.

just a little dignity based on some of the tards that post here...

Thom Yorke crowed was by far the biggest bunch of cry baby douchebags ive ever been around... i dont know how many little bitch kkids i saw almost start crying cause everyone was pushing and shoving... if u dont like it get the fuck out and dont try and be all up close and personal....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Thom Yorke crowed was by far the biggest bunch of cry baby douchebags ive ever been around... i dont know how many little bitch kkids i saw almost start crying cause everyone was pushing and shoving... if u dont like it get the fuck out and dont try and be all up close and personal....
    agreed. Fucking pussies. And I had these annoying little bitches at Gorillaz that we're like "Hey you're not pregnant!?" To which I replied " I know, I have a dick. Does my beer belly count" and then continued to cry about me moving forward while they were sitting. When I said thank you to a gal for moving her leg a little bit they yelled "HEY DONT DO THAT FUCKER" I got right in his face and said "Do what fucker. do what? What exactly did I just do?" Blah blah blah serious pussies. Only negative experience of the whole weekend. Everything else was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Are you people seriously still crying about this??? I think black swan is obviously kidding, Bowie will never make it to this fest. But everyone else, just saddle up for the ride. I had the time of my life and didn't let the overcrowds bother me one bit. Guess how they got such a killer lineup? By increasing ticket sales.

Please put a tampon in. Stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

short bus rider

if you're not gonna go next year, then don't fucking go. not one person cares that your whiny bitch ass isn't going. waaaaaahhhh there were too many people!! wahhhhhhh i couldn't take a shower!!! waaaaahhhhhi couldn't get into the mojave to see yeasayer!!!! pay attention when you're walking, don't shower all weekend, and get to your stages ten minutes early. it's called adapting, you fucking vaginas, learn how to do it and you won't soak your pillow in tears anymore. enough with this bullshit. shut the fuck up.

It'll take more than 1 year of fuckups (however major they may have been) to make me throw in the towel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

You know what? Never mind. I don't want to party with you people anymore. Enjoy your increasingly shithole festival while you still can - Jebus out.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 04-22-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Pissychella

i look forward to never seeing you again

Quote Originally Posted by flyhalf87 View Post
    i look forward to never seeing you again
    i look forward to pooping

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    You know what? Never mind. I don't want to party with you people anymore. Enjoy your increasingly shithole festival while you still can - Jebus out.
    I hope this isn't the only festival/forum your saying that about...

Seriously though, if you guy's don't want to go there are plenty of people who still will. There are issues at every party/festival/get-together/family-reunion - if it's not the experience you were expecting and this forum makes you that upset then somebody's inner five-year-old won.

Drew not out...

Three tribes meet at the top of an ancient, mystical hill to discuss this year's event.

The CoachellaBoardRegulars tribe, the ThisWasTheWorstCoachellaEver tribe, and the quietest, but most popular tribe, the ILoveCoachella Juggalos.

At sundown, a genie appears at the peak of the hill and says:

"Hear ye, hear ye, almighty revelers. I have heard your thundering voices and I am here to grant each one of the tribes one wish."

The CoachellaBoardRegulars tribe wished that a festival be created where they could openly flame every attendee, where the you-gonna-get-raped man roamed amongst them, and where everyone could punch Josesativa in the face as they walked in. So their wish was granted, and looking at the marvel they had created, vowed never to return to Coachella.

The ThisWasTheWorstCoachellaEver tribe wished that a festival be created where only 10,000 people were allowed, where single days tickets were available, and where there existed a space/time supernova of fast-moving lines, yet thoroughly searched patrons lacking douche-inducing drugs, fedoras, feathers, or Ed Hardy attire which had so painfully ruined their festival experience this year. So their wish was granted, and looking at the marvel they had created, vowed never to return to Coachella.

So then, the genie turned to the ILoveCoachella Juggalos and asked,

"Oh, faithful festival tribe, please voice me your wish."

And as the ILoveCoachella Juggalos looked around in disbelief, their leader said,

"You mean to tell me that the CoachellaBoardRegulars tribe and the ThisWasTheWorstCoachellaEver tribe have their own festival now? And that they're never coming back to Coachella?"

And the genie nodded in agreement.

So the last tribe said,

"Can we just have Freshers Lemonade back next year?"
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Its funny how up until the festival all you guys were on the nuts of the 3 day tickets only rule because it would filter out all the "Casual Music Fans"

75k was just too much though. They need to cap at 65K tops
    Imagine how worse things would have been had there been 75K capacity AND single-day tickets.

Those who blame this year's logistical problems on 3-day tickets are fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by untzcrate View Post
    The CoachellaBoardRegulars tribe wished that a festival be created where they could openly flame every attendee, where the you-gonna-get-raped man roamed amongst them, and where everyone could punch Josesativa in the face as they walked in. So their wish was granted, and looking at the marvel they had created, vowed never to return to Coachella.

The ThisWasTheWorstCoachellaEver tribe wished that a festival be created where only 10,000 people were allowed, where single days tickets were available, and where there existed a space/time supernova of fast-moving lines, yet thoroughly searched patrons lacking douche-inducing drugs, fedoras, feathers, or Ed Hardy attire which had so painfully ruined their festival experience this year. So their wish was granted, and looking at the marvel they had created, vowed never to return to Coachella.
    I would take either of these.

Where's my Genie?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

coachella i love you. ill stick with you forever.