Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so, im NOT crazy and im NOT old.

Default Re: so, im NOT crazy and im NOT old.

I agree with this post 100% Check my thread "The truth I was shocked" for more enlightenment.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by breathewithme View Post

how about a little cheese with that whine?

"I don't do drugs, but required emergency medical attention cuz yeah, I got that drunk..."

puleeeeze, lolz
    Aw, kids... I wish I could explain it to you. I wish you all well, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Dance, love, live. Just don't f up what all of us worked our hands and hearts and souls to the bone for decades to create this for you. We were the outcasts and nerds when techno began. We were the ones bullied and clownded on by you jerk off jocks who now claim to be a part of electronic scene.We were ahead of our time, and will always be one step ahead of all of you laggers. The future is well beyond your comprehention of what the scene is in your simple minds. Respect who came before you, or you are doomed to destroy a beautiful thing which was given to you with open arms.

"I don't do drugs, but required emergency medical attention cuz yeah, I got that drunk..."

puleeeeze, lolz
    Aw, kids... I wish I could explain it to you. I wish you all well, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Dance, love, live. Just don't f up what all of us worked our hands and hearts and souls to the bone for decades to create this for you. We were the outcasts and nerds when techno began. We were the ones bullied and clownded on by you jerk off jocks who now claim to be a part of electronic scene.We were ahead of our time, and will always be one step ahead of all of you laggers. The future is well beyond your comprehention of what the scene is in your simple minds. Respect who came before you, or you are doomed to destroy a beautiful thing which was given to you with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Nope, you're not crazy and not old. I sat and talked to some neighbors about it too. On Friday we were like, " is it just me, or..." and we all agreed that this year Coachella had lost its fun. That maybe the kind of artists that were playing enticed a certain kind of festival goer that Coachella fans like to avoid. That we felt rubbed out, unimportant, and taken advantage of. Camping was a total joke. Getting in was ridiculous. I was supposed to meet a bunch of friends at the same time, and some couldn't get in till a WHOLE DAY LATER due to the fire marshal rumor that there was no more space. Bull shit. Some cars were searched thoroughly, some weren't at all. Under age drinkers galore. Douchy ass holes not giving a shit about respect. I saw some girl get completely knocked down and when she said something, the bunch of people were like "shut up bitch, quit being a whiney fucking slut." I mean, this is who Goldenvoice prefers now? really? Because if it is, I'm out. There's no more vibe, no more love. It was a shit show. The music was epic as usual, but definitely not worth the depressing stuff I witnessed all weekend. Totally disgusting.

You're not crazy sweety. You're in just as much shock as I am.
    My friends and I are with you on this. If Goldenvoice wants assholes who only care about themselves, and don't give a shit about anyone else then they can have Coachella. The rudeness was beyond belief, and I had to stop myself and my friends from taking a few assholes apart right on the spot. Coachella use to be the easiest festival. All the people were friendly, and the asshole here and there was so out of the norm that they were quickly put in their place. I have said that i will give Coachella one more shot in 2011, but if its anything like this I'm out, and so are the other 7 people who come with me every year.

Man, I'm sure glad I wasn't anywhere near all of you "DRAMA QUEENS". I had a blast.
    I do have to admit one thing......not enough art. None of the art caught my attention. It was sub-par. Too bad if your Coachella experience sucked. I don't think you "drama queens" can blame GV. You guys just had bad luck.

I hear it was pretty mixed, but me and my gf had out car completely torn apart. It's funny because we didn't bring booze or drugs of any kind, but we had to unroll out tent, empty each bag, shake out each blanket and pillow in front of them. We got back in the car and everything in our glove compartment and console was strewn out in our seats and on the floorboads. The line next to us had an suv that had a four foot mound of gear strapped to the top and the guard was like "I have some bad news - you gotta take all of that down." Good security, sure, but I'm glad I didn't have to go that far.

All three days we were there second in the main line behind kroq ken (we were actually first sunday) just because it's either sit there or sit at our camp. Anyways, the lines were so disorganized this year and lots of people ended up getting let in first (like one of the camping entrances saturday) while the people running our side didn't have a clue what they were doing. The actual check though, was a joke. Just a quick pat and had me open my bag without bothering to look in.

I had VIP didn't really make use of them or care to, we just went in to use those bathrooms a couple times because they were always less crowded than any of the others, and it was close to where we were. The last couple times Sunday the guards kept arguing with me saying I didn't have the right wristband because the ink faded or rubbed off. Surely I couldn't have been the only one with that problem, but it might have been worth considering before the festival how you were going to get them printed.

I was astounded this year and how filthy the grounds got! There was simply so much trash everywhere. I never had to move bottles, wrappers, napkins, plates, cups, cigarettes, and gum out of a perimeter so I could sit down.

And also the final complaint about the crowd this year. I actually hated going into the VIP section after sundown because it was jam packed of drunken douches that just made me overall sad for humanity (ha!) and it was just as littered in there as the main grounds.

All that said, the music itself was phenomenal this year. The early morning crowds were great, especially the ones close to the rail. When I was right up there, it felt like any other great Coachella. Fifteen feet back and post 3pm and all the little hipster train girls holding hands pushing their way up got pretty annoying. There were certain areas I tended to avoid completely because of the crowd. I simply didn't have as good of a time at Coachella this year as last, mainly, like I said, post 3pm when I wasn't up close at a show because I was walking back and forth to sets I wanted to catch. The community just felt nonexistent, which really sets the mood for nearly everything. Once again, though, I caught some amazing acts, and as of now have a love-hate with 'chelli '10.

puleeeeze, lolz
    i believe you are missing the entire point. i didn't require attention. but had i been someone who did, i would have been s.o.l.

Quote Originally Posted by homEsick View Post
    I was astounded this year and how filthy the grounds got! There was simply so much trash everywhere. I never had to move bottles, wrappers, napkins, plates, cups, cigarettes, and gum out of a perimeter so I could sit down.
    Oh god. i was astonished at how many people didnt bother to pick up after themselves! shame on you little bugs!