Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so, im NOT crazy and im NOT old.

Default so, im NOT crazy and im NOT old.

thank god!

so i have to say i am so glad it wasnt just me getting crazy/old and the crowd
    really WAS douchey! one thing that i loved about coachella is how friendly
    the crowd was. people werent so pushy shovey. flash forward to 2010
    la roux tent. such a bunch of fucktards. yes, im somewhat short. i realize
    that. but tall guy in front of me, youre such a dick for turning around,
    laughing, and saying, "wow, you're not gonna see a thing. you should just
    leave". so much for enjoying the super cool laid back people on the polo field.
    not only does it suck that coachella over sold this event, it oversold to
    a bunch of fucking assholes.

i personally didnt enjoy camping. but i dont do drugs and so i didnt feel
    it was really my scene. but im not complaining about that. what i will
    complain about though is the fact that my boyfriend got to coachella THREE
    hours before me. couldnt find anyone with any information whatsoever. he got
    in to lot 7 just about an hour before i finally did. could they have been anymore
    disorganized?

i was trying to sneak in some jagger and a friend was sneaking in a large
    knife for food preparation. the car search was a fucking joke.

him: do you have any glass bottles
    me: no
    him: okay i need your tickets

...and im in. i actually was a little worried. i mean our group joked that
    we could have snuck in a gallon of jager and machetes. but truthfully made
    me a little uneasy. people could have brought anything in there.

i fainted at the entrance on friday morning and this is entirely my fault
    as i was insanely hungover from celebrating my birthday the night before.
    i was a little worried about the EMT reponse time. They took like 20 minutes
    to get there. I was fine, but had it been something more serious i would have
    been in trouble.

the music i saw was amazing, but coachella team really let me down this year.
    i have never EVER wanted to leave coachella before in my life. i started
    packing sunday night, just so i could leave as soon as possible on monday
    morning. that hurts my soul just to type. i know coachella cant control the
    kind of people who purchase tickets, but they can control the number of tickets
    sold to prevent overcrowding, organization and information given to festival
    workers, quality of search, and have more EMTs on sight.

Default Re: so, im NOT crazy and im NOT old.

haha wow what an asshole. I hope you punched him multiple times. & yeah the car search was really lax but there was only so much they could check. I mean everyone pretty much filled their car to the brim so it would have taken even longer than it already took for a thorough search.

Some lines during the car search were super chill. For my car they didn't even open our trunk or check any of our bags tied to our roof, but we also had gear for 9 people so it was a ton of shit. But while we were there talking and joking with security checking our car I was watching a white Scion next to us being taken apart. They took every bag out of the car and went through it thoroughly. Unrolled every sleeping bag, checked under the car, and checked for hidden panels in the door and what not.
    RADIOHEAD 2011

yea i noticed some cars in the line over being torn apart too. just so random. shouldnt they have some standard in a situation like this?

I hear you man. This was my first coachclla, not my first music fest, but first coachella. There were actually a lot of rude people. Last time i checked if you wait for a show to start an hour before they start, that is your spot. Not some drunk fucks to weave through stand dick-to-ass. Id like to have room to dance. Now i dont have a problem with people cutting through the crowd, but only to a point. If you can easily walk through with out bumping into any one thats fine. If there are large gaps thats fine. Im talking about like 5x5 feet around each group. Ex. our group stuck together and danced, but there would sometimes be 3-5x5 feet empty space next to us. THATS ALL YOURS! In fact please fill in, id love to have someone to dance with. Its when im at the front of bass-nectar and sweaty bros are pushing through like they are running from a fire. Look im only 19 but i have respect. And id like to say most of the people at coachella do, you do! But shit some of these people made me want to leave.

But for all you people I met and danced with, i had a great time, ill see you next year. Thats you neighbors: chase, chris, and canadians: harmony, and i forgot cause my brain took to many drugs. Thats you guys like 20 tents down that smoked us out like a gram of hash Sunday night. Thats you hippie girls that rolled us a joint cause we were to high on acid during muse.

I fucking love you YOU guys.

<3 see you next year. Stay home if your dick please.

yea. i was kind of embarassed. i brought a friend who usually goes to bonaroo and she was totally disgusted by the people.

I think it wasn't only the people being rude but also the amount of people that were packed into the fields this year. When you are waiting in between acts that is a no push time, everybody should just relax and wait. Once the band starts if you want to work your way closer I don't have a problem because I'm probably just going to be dancing in my little zone.
    RADIOHEAD 2011

car search has always been lax..... just like the searches at the front gate. I'm fine with it. I thought that the amount of people was very close to last year.. They didnt oversell did they? they capped tickets at 65,000.

Quote Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
    yea. i was kind of embarassed. i brought a friend who usually goes to bonaroo and she was totally disgusted by the people.
    i've been to bonaroo more times than coachella and i have to say that bonaroo sucks way more balls than coachella ever will. Bonaroo is a nightmare. Coachella is the easiest fest i've ever been to

yea i noticed some cars in the line over being torn apart too. just so random. shouldnt they have some standard in a situation like this?
    yeah its called random searches.... they cant possibly tear apart every car but if they do 1 out of every 50 or so it kinda works

Quote Originally Posted by cassett View Post
    i've been to bonaroo more times than coachella and i have to say that bonaroo sucks way more balls than coachella ever will. Bonaroo is a nightmare. Coachella is the easiest fest i've ever been to
    i'm not talking about the ease of the festival. she was refering to the festival goers.

car search has always been lax..... just like the searches at the front gate. I'm fine with it. I thought that the amount of people was very close to last year.. They didnt oversell did they? they capped tickets at 65,000.
    apparently sold more than ever before
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr...la18-2010apr18

are you kidding me...my bag totally got finger fucked to the point where I had to wave a clean pair of panties in front of security because he thought my pouch was filled with drugs...to bad he didn't catch all my weed and mushrooms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    are you kidding me...my bag totally got finger fucked to the point where I had to wave a clean pair of panties in front of security because he thought my pouch was filled with drugs...to bad he didn't catch all my weed and mushrooms!!!
    maybe you looked suspicious. I didnt get searched once... just patted down. my back pack didnt even get searched two of the days.

i'm not talking about the ease of the festival. she was refering to the festival goers.
    ok well i dont go for the people i go for the music.. but i will say some douche bag we were standing next to in a beer garden turned his head and sneezed all the fuck over me and my beer. It was fucking disgusting. I made a few comments like what the fuck man? you sneezed all over me. He just kinda looked at me funny and walked off, not even a sorry. I was so grossed out i had to throw away my beer.

Other than that it seemed like the same crowd as every other year i have been there.

and something else i was disappointed in majorly was the art. nothing made me drop my jaw.

and something else i was disappointed in majorly was the art. nothing made me drop my jaw.
    i agree.. the art sucked this year.

Nope, you're not crazy and not old. I sat and talked to some neighbors about it too. On Friday we were like, " is it just me, or..." and we all agreed that this year Coachella had lost its fun. That maybe the kind of artists that were playing enticed a certain kind of festival goer that Coachella fans like to avoid. That we felt rubbed out, unimportant, and taken advantage of. Camping was a total joke. Getting in was ridiculous. I was supposed to meet a bunch of friends at the same time, and some couldn't get in till a WHOLE DAY LATER due to the fire marshal rumor that there was no more space. Bull shit. Some cars were searched thoroughly, some weren't at all. Under age drinkers galore. Douchy ass holes not giving a shit about respect. I saw some girl get completely knocked down and when she said something, the bunch of people were like "shut up bitch, quit being a whiney fucking slut." I mean, this is who Goldenvoice prefers now? really? Because if it is, I'm out. There's no more vibe, no more love. It was a shit show. The music was epic as usual, but definitely not worth the depressing stuff I witnessed all weekend. Totally disgusting.

You're not crazy sweety. You're in just as much shock as I am.

It probably doesn't lend much credit to the title of this thread that your username is krisskross.

Had the same happen to me at Gossip, except I was already in the front when this super tall douche pushes in front of me with his boyfriend. When I ask him to step aside a little because I now couldn't see, he gave me the dirtiest look imaginable... So I pushed him hard.... Petty I know, but it's better then punching him the kidney and I was REALLY tempted to do so

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    It probably doesn't lend much credit to the title of this thread that your username is krisskross.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover

I thought Kriss' post was right on the money. I was feeling like maybe I was getting old and had outgrown my beloved Coachella. But now seeing that I'm no alone makes me think that maybe Coachella has simply outgrown its initial fan base.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Well...you could be crazy, old and correct tho....

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    maybe Coachella has simply outgrown its initial fan base.

it was a lineup catered to a younger crowd, it should come as no surprise that the crowd this year wouldn't be as laid back. whether or not this will become a trend remains to be seen but you have to remember each coachella brings a different lineup which brings different fans. i had a legendary time this year but there were certainly some things that bothered me as a result of overselling. i thought there were wayyy too many people, seeing the gobi and mojave overflowing at numerous points throughout the day was a really big surprise to me. i honestly think there were fewer installations this year b/c of the anticipated crowds, some of the large art pieces take up quite a bit of room and i don't think they wanted any traffic jams. we'll see what GV does, it was their first year with that many people and all 3-day passes so i'm sure we'll see some adjustments for '11

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover

I thought Kriss' post was right on the money. I was feeling like maybe I was getting old and had outgrown my beloved Coachella. But now seeing that I'm no alone makes me think that maybe Coachella has simply outgrown its initial fan base.
    Keep in mind this was also the same fan base that three months ago was applauding Coachella for scrapping the Boomer-pleasing headliners, and getting a lineup so stacked that bands primed for the Outdoor were forced to be shifted to the Gobi or Mojave.

All that's happened is that this festival has reached a critical mass, and either they've tapped into the culture at the moment or finally after years of work, the culture has tapped into them (likely the latter); and because of that, people are being pussies and feel betrayed on some level like GV sold out, when really there haven't been many, if any, fundamental changes to the festival itself.

God the " is it just me, or..." talks with other Vet's.... things just felt off this year. Don't get me wrong, i had a great time, but it wasn't the all over warm soul feeling i got the last 3 years.
    I had 5 fresh newbies with my grp of a couple Vet's, and I felt slightly embarrassed for hyping it up as much as i did, only to run into problem after problem(i posted my full story in "Lets talk about how WRONG" thread, won't spam it here but fuck). I hyped up the art work so much, "OMG THE TESLA COILS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND"...... and no Tesla coils? ouch. that hurts GV.
    Too many D-Bag Bro's smashing into me, Volunteers in yellow shirts with bad attitudes.
    Come on '11 be what I remember from Coachella '06, '08, '09.

Ha ha, I just turned 26 kids! Old enough to remember backwards overalls vaguely? Yes. But my name is also my name is Kristy...so...

lol at backward overalls! If I rock those next year, will I be label as a douche??

how about a little cheese with that whine?

"I don't do drugs, but required emergency medical attention cuz yeah, I got that drunk..."

puleeeeze, lolz
    Last edited by breathewithme; 04-27-2010 at 10:54 PM.

This was the first year with car searches, WTF you on about?
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats