Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most fun YOU had at Coachella 2010

Default Re: Most fun YOU had at Coachella 2010

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Orbital > Plastikman

Epic.

this

^^ More proof that people who use "epic" and "this" as complete sentences are too retarded to live.

Quote Originally Posted by syrinx32123 View Post
    WOW. just wow. next year will FINALLY be the year i get to Coach, and i cannot wait. i've been to the desert the past 13 years for vacation and it's time to make that vacation Coachella. i LOVE the area.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

This gotta say it was seeing Jigga for the first time. Added bonus is he is warming up for U2 on their tour in December!

2009 would have to be TRV$-DJAM.

Coachella in a whole is so much fun. Blows anything we have here.
    Dec: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Skillz, The Roots, Jack Johnson
    Jan: Field Day, Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, Medlar, Jacques Renault, Avicii
    Feb: St Jerome's Laneway Festival
    Apr: Coachella Arts & Music Festival
    Jul: Peanut Butter Wolf, Mako
    Sep: Kanye West, Listen Out Festival

the shrooms started kicking in right before fever ray. then the music started - it was pretty intense.

hearing clint eastwood live. i swore that this was a song i would probably not hear live. i never really cared for "feel good inc." but i was sooo happy to see so many people happy. and the last song, "cloud of unknowing." people talked a lot shit, but i remember recording this song and putting the camera down just to actually the visuals. finished what i had left of the schrooms, so from "glitter freeze" on, it was all pretty cool. but this ending was something else.

oh, coachella, how i love thee <3
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Boom boomin during Fever Ray was one of the most disturbing/amazing experiences ever. Just being able to witness Fever Ray was a huge highlight.

I'd say the jump off in the Sahara for Bassnectar was for sure one of the funnest moments as well, really just amped the party up 100x - we all left there flowin full of insane energy.

That and DEP - psh, they just fucked shit up with no remorse

The MOST fun had to have been the righteous camping we did; it was the 'heart' of my Coachella.
    1L☮e.

Lurker

Everything. It was my first time going and everything was fantastic. One of the best experiences of my life, I'm making it my duty to be at the festival every year from here on out.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

My first time at Coachella and it really is hard to pick just one thing that was the MOST fun. But if I have to pick one it was spending night 1 in the sahara tent and seeing deadmau5.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    My first time at Coachella and it really is hard to pick just one thing that was the MOST fun. But if I have to pick one it was spending night 1 in the sahara tent and seeing deadmau5.
    facepalm
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    facepalm
    I know i should've edited that to try and keep the haters away, but hey, can't help what I like.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    My best moment (that I remember clearly enough to put into words) was at The Specials on Friday afternoon. Dancing as the sun set...... I suddenly realized that I was at my first ever Coachella, I was alone, and the whole weekend full of possibilities was in front of me.
    Yes, Friday evening is the best because you know you still have two more days to go!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc723 View Post
    the shrooms started kicking in right before fever ray. then the music started - it was pretty intense.

hearing clint eastwood live. i swore that this was a song i would probably not hear live. i never really cared for "feel good inc." but i was sooo happy to see so many people happy. and the last song, "cloud of unknowing." people talked a lot shit, but i remember recording this song and putting the camera down just to actually the visuals. finished what i had left of the schrooms, so from "glitter freeze" on, it was all pretty cool. but this ending was something else.

oh, coachella, how i love thee <3
    How was shrooming at Coachella? Seems like it could get a bit intense.

vinylmartyr

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I know i should've edited that to try and keep the haters away, but hey, can't help what I like.
    Well at least you did not say "and then the______ started to kick in". Or anything about the vibe.

Not just at Coachella but during Fever Ray - beyond intense. Frightening you could say.
    1L☮e.

Meeting Paul McCartney

I was crowed surfing bassnectar and I realized I was getting drifted away from my friends so bounced up to land on my feet and I accidentally ninja kicked an etard girl lights out! People ran to all worried and I assumed they were gonna kick my as, but instead they gave me a high five and called her a bitch.. Lolocaust
    derppp

Oh and walking to the festival with tv on the radio and talking to robin pecknold
    derppp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyh2o View Post
    Meeting Paul McCartney
    how?

After his performance 2009
    He was very friendly and I got a quick pic with him before he left
    derppp

for the first 10 minutes of bassnectar there were these three guys behind us who were complaining that they hadn't been able to find any ganja...... my friends and i were hyper-energetic at this point and drowning in bass so we wanted to wait til the tail end of the set before smoking anything to chill out. then with 5 minutes left in his set, right as he's building up to a huge crescendo about to pull off the biggest, thickest body-warbling bass drop we pull out 3 fat blunts and hand one to these guys, and the look on their faces... it was like we made their year, not just their weekend. it's very gratifying to make someone so unexpectedly happy even if it's just cause of drugs

aside from that i'd have to say working the tollbooths as everyone was coming in thursday night. the excitement was palpable, the happy anxiousness in the air as thousands of smiling people are driving in for the best weekend of their year is something unmatched in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    No, I don't think you understand just how much everyone wanted to leave, immediately. Imagine yourself at Stagecoach right now, and then imagine wanting to leave 10 times as badly.

After his performance 2009
    He was very friendly and I got a quick pic with him before he left
    Yeah but how did you meet him? I was at his performance in 2009 and I was able to get fairly close. I imagine he didn't just go around the festival taking pics with people.

way too intense. I would NOT recommend it.

I'd have to say my most 'funnest' and memorable moment was sprinting from Orbital to Thom Yorke, darting back, forth, and between passer-byers visualizing them as human pylons, I think I lept right over one person sitting on the ground (highly recommend by the way) anyways caught first 3 songs of Thom, sprinting back again to the Sahara for Plastikman, peaking at Plastikman (OMFG - what an experience), checking the time and realizing that the Gorillaz were on, and that Plastikman was playing longer than scheduled, turning to my friends and declaring that I am prepared to stay here the rest of the night until Plastikman finishes, which was met with unhesitanting and unanimously strong agreement. We are all huge Gorillaz fans by the way. Plastikman finishing his mind,body,and soul-controlling set, and then casually strolling and rolling on over to Gorillaz, to be graced and greeted with the all too familiar and amazing sounds of Stylo followed by Dirty Harry I believe it was. I was simply levitating on life! And then after Gorillaz shut it down, spending the next couple hours, oh-so-enthusiastically high fiving every single person I could within a reasonable radius of me, perhaps you were one of those people! If not, there's always next year! *high five

Oh yeah, for the record, I had this same high fiving-frenzy of an urge again this summer after Empire of the Sun shut down Outside Lands, and I was completely sober! Top 3 Audio/Visual Experiences I'd say right up there with Plastikman and 2 Many DJ's!
    Last edited by kuuguy; 11-01-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    way too intense. I would NOT recommend it.
    Really? I've never done it there but I feel like it's such a good vibe, so many happy people, such a great place to be that it would be one of the most ideal places to do it. I would probably do it during the day in the camping area before I went in than inside, however. Cool as it might be to see one of your favorite bands I'm not sure I could handle being trapped in the middle of a giant crowd.

G*L*O*R*B*I*T*A*L

................that is all

p.s. can't wait for Glowruption 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    Yeah but how did you meet him? I was at his performance in 2009 and I was able to get fairly close. I imagine he didn't just go around the festival taking pics with people.
    I was watching his performance backstage
    derppp

I met up with lucy during Grizzly Bear. Amazing.

I was crowed surfing bassnectar and I realized I was getting drifted away from my friends so bounced up to land on my feet and I accidentally ninja kicked an etard girl lights out! People ran to all worried and I assumed they were gonna kick my as, but instead they gave me a high five and called her a bitch.. Lolocaust
    ownage approved
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

oh man where do I even begin. this year's was my first coachella and it still remains to be the best 3 days of my entire year. I had way too much fun during Aeroplane's set, that was the best party ever!

Donald Galude -> MiMOSA -> Plasikman -> Gorillaz

Lurker

2 words. Major and Lazer.