Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    what amazed me... is that thing just kept growing... I was still up at 3AM when it was about 40 people strong.

I awoke an hour later to who knows how many people... it just grew!

Was it 6AM when security finally felt compelled to do something?
    This year it was about 300 people. It was absolutely bonkers. My favorite was when some guy was playing a vuvuzela into the air really annoyingly, then some guy walks up and pours his beer into it and the vuvuzela guy chokes for a bit and then chugs it like a champ.
    Last edited by digitaldragon03; 04-20-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

^hahahah that's so awesome

i myself crashed out after wandering the grounds until about 2. however a buddy of mine decided to pull an all nighter and told me about the party march around the grounds and how the guards on horses were blocking pathways, and of the parachute party. i missed out
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

I didn't go to bed until 7:00 monday morning. Sunday was a win.

Quote Originally Posted by GrossMagic View Post
    popping boxes(drinking bagged wine),
    Lol... you know it's going down when the wine bags come out.... love reading all your crazy Sunday night party down moments. I remember how sad Monday morning (on the polo fields) was in 2007 when everyone was packing up and leaving... I never wanted the weekend to end. long live Coachella
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

old school

After the roller rink disco ended at 1 a.m. Monday morning a giant parachute party began. Everybody ran underneath the parachute pulled it down to the ground and clambaked inside. A parade began shortly thereafter throughout the campground with parachute being paraded like a chinese dragon. It was fantastic & probably one of the most liberating events I've been a part of. Unfortunately it was broken up by security & mounties after about 2 1/2 hrs.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by GrossMagic View Post
    Sunday was insane as usual. Roller rink dance party, dance circles, popping boxes(drinking bagged wine)
    Someone ran up too my homey on the streets of New York the other day and shouted "COACHELLA!", he proceeded to show him a video that he recorded of my friend and I slappin da bag and partyin Sunday night like 3 years ago. Haha fuckin Coachella!

Last edited by juloxx; 12-12-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarriddim View Post
    my favorite was the smurf with the LED boombox who would go sprinting up ahead of the mob and start throwing down to his hard trance beats in the middle of the street
    Hahaha that was me. Good times

Wonderful thread! Can someone please give me info on how to join in on these party groups. I got two car this year and we party hard to! Seems fitting

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

SHOW ME HOW TO PARTY
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Its just a matter of watching videos of Dr. Rockso, than aplying it to the real world.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    After the roller rink disco ended at 1 a.m. Monday morning a giant parachute party began. Everybody ran underneath the parachute pulled it down to the ground and clambaked inside. A parade began shortly thereafter throughout the campground with parachute being paraded like a chinese dragon. It was fantastic & probably one of the most liberating events I've been a part of. Unfortunately it was broken up by security & mounties after about 2 1/2 hrs.
    this
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Lurker

All I remember was helping the trashcan/any instrument you can find/freestyle/drum circle/after concert at the roller rink about 2-3am on sunday last year. No one wanted the party to stop. I remember some blonde girl preaching and citing poetry in the middle of the mob on people playing music. funniest shit ever.

*2010_2011_2012_2013_2014*

threads like this make me want weekend 1 here right now

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Didn't take part, but a total spectator. Highlight was listening as my Aussie neighbors virally spread a rumor they had heard. Daft Punk was playing the other campground. They were so pumped. About an hour later they made it back, very pissed.
    There was also an incident a few rows away that I didn't get to see, but would have loved to. Lots of shouting, oohs and awws, then a chant of "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" for about 6 bars. It remains a mystery.
    Glad you had fun!
    Rage against the machine maybe?

Lurker

Couldn't agree more, last year was my first Coachella and Sunday night was similar; highlights included: some guy lending me his vintage cruzer and just ripping around the field , dancing around some guy banging on a gargabe and "wolfman" shutting that shit down, then getting lost because people had stolen all the street signs and waking up in some a car full of random ppl at like 11am soaked in sweat. It was so funny eventually finding my campsite, my friends had packed everything up hours ago and thought I was dead.

... 24 hour drive + 2 hour ferry ride wasnt the best

Sunday Night Crew

we're hittin sunday night fast and hard this year, look for us we'll be the rowdy bunch obnoxiously chanting USA and "SPRING BREAK 08!!" repeatedly
    Last edited by EliteZags; 03-30-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I'm saving most of my glow and serotonin for Sunday this year. Go out in style
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Someone ran up too my homey on the streets of New York the other day and shouted "COACHELLA!", he proceeded to show him a video that he recorded of my friend and I slappin da bag and partyin Sunday night like 3 years ago. Haha fuckin Coachella!

SLAP THE BAG!

I love that. I will be bringing boxed wine and this MUST go down

YEah boi.... We're making sangria too and a bag to slap

Damn man wish I was there to slap that shit with you.

I'll have to carry on the tradition over to Weekend 2

Looking forward to experiencing Sunday night this year, the last 2 years my group's had to sprint back to AZ for classes on Monday.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

How lame. Your friends need to get their priorities straight.

Coachella > Education

Coachella=class

Back in session bitches....

Ha we already skip Friday. It's a really harrowing journey driving 6 hours in the middle of the night after going all out at coachella.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

okay so... i don't know how many people will see this, but this is aimed at bangarang specifically.... are you bringing the parachute this year? anyone who was given red vines by a tiny girl in the last few years, that was me! and i want to keep the wandering party going again for 2012! I will be there weekend 2, please let me know if you guys are interested, because i love love love this! i am so glad lots of you experienced the wandering party and i really want to meet you this year! look for red vines sunday night!

if anyone made you slap the bag, it may have been me. find me sunday night and slap the bag with me or do a bagstand! bag of piss FTW!

I like tiny

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I like tiny
    but do you like red vines?

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgzombie View Post
    All I remember was helping the trashcan/any instrument you can find/freestyle/drum circle/after concert at the roller rink about 2-3am on sunday last year. No one wanted the party to stop. I remember some blonde girl preaching and citing poetry in the middle of the mob on people playing music. funniest shit ever.
    That's my good friend Sara! She was playing here harmonica, spitting Wu Tang and poetry. We had been trying to meet up with her all day, but set times, boons and crowds made it impossible. So this is where we found her in the rollerskating rink. I was ecstatic as she no longer lives in SLC and I hadn't seen here in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by jenmorrison View Post
    okay so... i don't know how many people will see this, but this is aimed at bangarang specifically.... are you bringing the parachute this year? anyone who was given red vines by a tiny girl in the last few years, that was me! and i want to keep the wandering party going again for 2012! I will be there weekend 2, please let me know if you guys are interested, because i love love love this! i am so glad lots of you experienced the wandering party and i really want to meet you this year! look for red vines sunday night!
    THIS, that group was bananas. I remember after we baked in the parachute how that huge he-man guy stripped to his superman underwear because it was his birthday and he could do whatever he wanted. Think his name was Kyle. Crazy bunch. Hope they are back.