Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Quote Originally Posted by apachedino View Post
    That's my good friend Sara! She was playing here harmonica, spitting Wu Tang and poetry. We had been trying to meet up with her all day, but set times, boons and crowds made it impossible. So this is where we found her in the rollerskating rink. I was ecstatic as she no longer lives in SLC and I hadn't seen here in a year.
    Harmonica and Wu-Tang verses - I support this.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Now the real question is which Sunday Night is going to be the more hectic one

Im going weekend one so I wan to see all you strung out tribal spirits at your worst this Sunday. Good luck, and may you make it through the weekend in one piece
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Stories I want to hear them.

I myself got to take pictures of a guy that passed out while pissing on someones car. He had his pants down, was standing/leaning with face against the car and hips pressed out. Pictures coming soon

I got some other stories, but I wanna hear some from you before I really get into the madness

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Sunday Night I went to the Crazy Epic tent, not realizing it was full of people from the boards.. just thought it was a tent where people were partying all weekend, our campsite was only like 10 tents down (past the Australians).. I finally got to meet MalcomJamaalAwesome. I've been on these boards for 7 or so years now, and I've only met a handful of people... probably because I am one of the biggest haters.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

My neighbors were the source of some entertainment on Sunday night. Right after the festival ended, one of the girls in the tent was getting completely chewed out by another girl, it was absolutely hilarious, shit like "YOU NEED TO BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND," "YOU'RE SO FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE."

Later on in the night, around 3 AM, one of the dudes began pissing outside while one of the girls was watching him (I can only assume this is what was happening based on what I heard). They were amazed at how much he was peeing. I'm not joking. Every few seconds, I'd hear the girl say stuff like "it just keeps going!!!" They were so stoked that this was happening. Once he finished peeing (I will never forget this), he told her "you have to make sure to shake it off after you're done, most girls don't know this but it leaves a huge mess if you don't." Oh, Coachella.

hanging out in the not-actually-silent disco tent, this chick wearing a cookie monster hat climbed up to the platform where the dj was & proceeded to fall backward so that people would catch slash crowd surf her [i'm assuming] & no one did. she just fell like ten feet or whatever to the ground haha.

ok, so a little back story on cookie monster crowd diver. so me and my friends were dancing at the bottom of the dj booth / life guard tower. she approached one of my friends and expressed interest in crowd surfing. i didn't hear this conversation. but my friend turned to me, and the others and was trying to gather everyone (because it was pretty spaced out and empty at this point) while we are trying to organize ( i dont know what for a this point) i see this girl start to scamper up the tower. she reaches the top and with out hesitation, or looking back for a second, she jumps / falls backwards. she managed to graze my friends shoulder on her way down, other that that she fell straight to the ground. im assuming my friends shoulder saved her life that night, or at least stopped major paralysis.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

So far the only stories I've heard here are of people being ridiculous, isn't this supposed to be a thread about fun? We walked around the campsite lots Sunday night after the acts were done and the lots as a whole seemed pretty dead compared to last year when people were GOING OFF bigtime! I'm sure some here will share stories of their camp group or two having a blast, but last year it was groups of hundreds engaging in unbridled hedonism not wanting the fun to end. What happened? Is it because Coachella is "officially" ending Weekend 2?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPistol View Post
    So far the only stories I've heard here are of people being ridiculous, isn't this supposed to be a thread about fun? We walked around the campsite lots Sunday night after the acts were done and the lots as a whole seemed pretty dead compared to last year when people were GOING OFF bigtime! I'm sure some here will share stories of their camp group or two having a blast, but last year it was groups of hundreds engaging in unbridled hedonism not wanting the fun to end. What happened? Is it because Coachella is "officially" ending Weekend 2?
    I think it has everything to do with the silent disco. I remember talking to one of the head honchos of GV during their 30th anniversery thing in SM. He said the Silent Disco was devised with the intention of diluting/putting an end to the shit show that usually happens. I gotta say, I think it worked, and that makes me really sad.

That being said I intend to be in the Coachella campgrounds again this sunday night (one way or another), and thats where I shall make my final observation. It will be really sad if they actually found a way to end the Sunday night humour, because that has been my highlight every year since I found out about it

man, i really really REALLY wanted to rage out and have a weird sunday night this year, but i was so burnt out. the spirit was willing, but my body was an insufficient vessel. other than cocaine, how do you guys find the energy to punch out those last grueling hours of coachella?
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I think it has everything to do with the silent disco. I remember talking to one of the head honchos of GV during their 30th anniversery thing in SM. He said the Silent Disco was devised with the intention of diluting/putting an end to the shit show that usually happens. I gotta say, I think it worked, and that makes me really sad.

That being said I intend to be in the Coachella campgrounds again this sunday night (one way or another), and thats where I shall make my final observation. It will be really sad if they actually found a way to end the Sunday night humour, because that has been my highlight every year since I found out about it
    guessing a lot had to do with the weather, too. people were able to leave everything on the field because it was possible to go all day every day. this weekend many will just sit and chill during the days or not even show up until sundownbecause it is so hot, so much more energy to expend once the sun goes down, can keep going well into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by hools View Post
    man, i really really REALLY wanted to rage out and have a weird sunday night this year, but i was so burnt out. the spirit was willing, but my body was an insufficient vessel. other than cocaine, how do you guys find the energy to punch out those last grueling hours of coachella?
    not gonna lie, drugs have been involved every single time. Never cocaine, usually a psychedelic or 2. I drop about an hour and a half before the headliner, and that usually lasts until late night/early morning. By that time the drugs may fade out but im already riding the momentum of the party so its chill.

Tomorrow will probably be the first time I rage at the campgrounds without the use of substances, though I hold no promises

riding the wave of the last set of the night into the campgrounds sounds like a great idea. i probably shoulda planned my drug intake later in the day haha.

good luck tomorrow juloxx!
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I myself got to take pictures of a guy that passed out while pissing on someones car. He had his pants down, was standing/leaning with face against the car and hips pressed out. Pictures coming soon
    154730_3450458854559_1063350218_32822674_389859424_n.jpg

548398_3450458694555_1063350218_32822673_1264816005_n.jpg

Edit: well the picture is a lot bigger on FB, and a lot more clear. Dont really know how to make it the same way on the forums, but if you can make out whats going on, its purty funny

That is gold.

There is a picture on another thread, maybe the stuff you saw or shit you saw idk..

The guy wearing a costume head was running around sunday night w1 chasing people and acting like a cheerleader dancing on cars and just being insane. it was truly frightening

was planning to rage, ended up with the biggest migraine after Dre. called it a night after that, but not everyone around us. people were going hard in our section until 6am

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena