Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

i gotta say that sunday nite was freakin amazing! i was only a couple tents down from those awesome aussies sitting on top of their van all weekend long so i of course expected some craziness...it was my first year camping so i thought it was a normal end to coachella...im actually happy to hear that it wasnt and that i experienced something very special and amazing! aint no party like a coachella party cause a coachella party dont stop!

Lurker

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Ahhh!! that was my boxed wine! who were you? i have lotsa pictures of the whole wine crazyness, i'll post them

Quote Originally Posted by tawnisme View Post
    i remember human tunnels, boxed wine, animal heads, limbo, dance party and that one dude that got knocked out by a security guard for jumping on the golf cart

Sunday was fuckin wild man. I was at the rave party after trying to dance but not really doin it well cuz my body felt so beat up that I just wanted to fall on the ground and lay there for rest of the night, but it was the energy of everyone else that kept me goin( maybe some drugs too).
    But I do remember going back to my tent and laying outside on the ground looking up at the sky coming off my trip and out of nowhere a Ninja did a flip over me and a kick and kept running into the shadows. Made me crack the fuck up. Did anyone else see a ninja running around on sunday?

Last year camping on Sunday night was the best. We way over packed food and booze so we were handing it out freely. We met a few Australians who had run out of everything (even water) and only had vodka and orange soda left in a super soaker. We gave them a jug of water and lots of food and they repayed up by hanging out and telling funny stories and teaching us some drinking games we had never heard of. Had a blast watching the people dancing and chilling all around us. Definitely didn't want the fun to end. Best music festival ever.

I got the fuck out of Dodge as soon as I could. I packed up my shit at like 6 or 7 and then had some spicy pizza and saw the last acts. As soon as Gorrilaz was over I split.

You my friend missed out on what was possibly the single greatest night in Coachella history. Definitely the most fun I have ever had. It was a parade of drunk, drugged, costumed madness.

2007 Sunday night campground party / riot
    (I slept through the entire event - except the police helicopters)
    my friend Nichole took these pictures - looked like a fun time:

someone got mad at the government, so they decided to burn some money

<br>
    nichole mentioned multiple conga lines and everyone played their own instrument

<br>
    people were raging against the miami sound machine that night. hence the bonfire and this is when pigs in space reigned in on the campground riot.

2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

I remember hearing this all going on, and seeing the big crowd way off in the distance, and just being like 'meh'
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

So can anyone answer my previous question....? Last year was my first time camping so I got no idea

I feel this sunday could have been crazier than most sundays because an abnormal amount of people were tripping for either Plastikman or The Gorillaz. Any truth to this, or is Sunday-night always a shit-show at Coachella Camping?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by GrossMagic View Post
    All the crazy motha fuckas:
    wow...
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Man I keep re-reading this thread, and I get more and more excited, first time camping. Fuck.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I am down as fuck for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

I have not seen this thread until today. But... Memories.

We will be back. Under The Sea theme this year!

Ps. I'll be meeting Rafiki later today for the Zona game. He will appear Sunday. Hopefully security doesn't try and confiscate his staff this time around. Tehehe
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Sunday night, you did it again....

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The roaming party Sunday night was hilarious once again. The security guards chasing us around until they finally let us go back to the roller rink... limbo parties... endless chants... I'm so glad I didn't pass out like the rest of my group.

maaaaaad props to Psychic Friend for telling security to STFU and let the D.E. party go 'til as late as we did, you are a saint!

Thursday night was a ridiculous party, and Sunday too. The generator ran out of gas, but the party people were not going to stop. We had aussies and boardies cutting hoola hoops to siphon gas from our car, to put into the generator. That didn't work so we called security and they delivered gas and put it in the generator. Cannot believe the things that happened both those nights. Not to mention the guy who let the generator into camp for us came to party at the campsite and gave our crew confiscated weed. What an epic weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Sunday night was great. Finally rode the tricked out bikes and ate shit on a few of them. I was wearing the "I refuse to grow up" T-shirt. Misssed the unevitable riots but my tent was 2 rows behind the skating rink so i heard it all...lmao.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

it did indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. best weekend ever. we had to stop back to our camp site to grab some water and stuff at one point and some of our neighboors were like "is it still going on out there?" all we had to do was smile and they ended up tagging along even though they had to leave really really early monday morning. we just did not want it to end, come oooon 2012!!!!!
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3
    5/10 Bonobo
    5/31 Lucky Date
    6/3 Postal Service
    6/13-6/16 Bonnaroo

In my experience, up until Sunday night the whole time in my head I was telling myself "this shit aint worth it, why the fuck did I do this rather than go in on a house"

I lived on no sleep and just Spicy Pie for four days straight. Who knows if I would have even had the energy to go out sunday night if I hadnt taken 3-4 hits of alien spit around 7:45. But as I said, that night just changed it all. Soooo much fun. Even if I am not camping I am returning to the campsite every sunday night from now on.

Now that I think of it, I feel an excess amount of people were tripping because of The Gorrilaz playing. Who knows if that many tripping people will be there in the Sundays of the future.
    Camped for 4 years and only now realized to stay in a condo all nights.....except the last one. That way you can really get the rest you need to go hard all day long, then on the last day with nothing to wake up for we partied until the sun came up. This is the best year I have "flowed" through Coachella yet because of that. I mean if you rage that hard in camping everynight you are worthless for at least half the next day and you are going to miss or not be fully present for alot of shows. I think I have found my balance. Damn though, Sunday night was crazy. Felt tribal and primitive, people getting downany way possible. Loved it.

LOL Sunday night consisted of me packing up, and right as I get deep into this, then I look up and see discobotica in his like duck suit he looks at me and says, TIME TO GET WEIRD and pulls the head over him

At that point I went in and got my spirit hood, continued to pack and rave.

I gave the Epic Dirty crew the rest of my alcohol and beer and let them kept the rave going. I finally got to a point where I just passed out.

Ps. my gf just said she has watched the video she took of Ben raving in the duck suit at least 4 times cause it's that awesome.
    Last edited by Dustin da DnB Soulja; 04-19-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by oatsack View Post
    The roaming party Sunday night was hilarious once again. The security guards chasing us around until they finally let us go back to the roller rink... limbo parties... endless chants... I'm so glad I didn't pass out like the rest of my group.
    I was prolly right there besides you, playing some twister. It was so funny that they funneled all the fucked up people back to the roller rink. Man that shit was a blast.

I was prolly right there besides you, playing some twister. It was so funny that they funneled all the fucked up people back to the roller rink. Man that shit was a blast.
    I saw you guys playing before we moved back to the roller rink, I was in an orange vest with a blonde chick. We were getting the limbo party started with our street sign as the limbo stick. Some dickhead security guard took it as I was leaving the rink but luckily we took both and left one back at our campsite. Makes a great souvenir.
    Last edited by oatsack; 04-19-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Sunday was insane as usual. Roller rink dance party, dance circles, popping boxes(drinking bagged wine), parachute fun, twister, duck duck goose, 1000 person moving party mob, trampling cars (only witnessed), chanting, stomping, ripping down signs, all with the glowing E.T.!!!!

my favorite was the smurf with the LED boombox who would go sprinting up ahead of the mob and start throwing down to his hard trance beats in the middle of the street

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    LOL Sunday night consisted of me packing up, and right as I get deep into this, then I look up and see discobotica in his like duck suit he looks at me and says, TIME TO GET WEIRD and pulls the head over him

At that point I went in and got my spirit hood, continued to pack and rave.

I gave the Epic Dirty crew the rest of my alcohol and beer and let them kept the rave going. I finally got to a point where I just passed out.

Ps. my gf just said she has watched the video she took of Ben raving in the duck suit at least 4 times cause it's that awesome.
    I need to see this video!!!!!!! is it board worthy!?!?!?!