Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

Default Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

First off, I dont know if this belongs in Past Experiences or the Camping Section, but w/e.

To get to the point....

Did anyone else experience the shit-show that was Sunday night on the campgrounds after the last set finished? I understand if you were to tired and just passed out, but wandering the campgrounds from about 12am-6am just completely changed my thoughts on Coachella 2010. The campgrounds were like a giant detox tank for a bunch of strung-out people that just refused to stop partying. I literally could just walk out of my tent and start cracking up just looking at the pure chaos and mayhem ensuing the campgrounds.

It was sooo funny seeing the word party being broken down too its bare elements by the end of the night. We went from over-produced DJ sets at the beginning of the night too people starting mini-dance parties because some guy was beating on a cone that made some strange bass sounds. It was seriously the most tribal thing I have ever seen or been a part of.

I myself was too tired to go out the other two nights so I can't accurately say if this was any different from the other two nights. Chances are it was though, because Friday & Saturday they actually had real Dj's spinning. Also, the only reason I was out partying Sunday was because I wasnt ready for Coachella to finish and I am sure there were a bunch of other people that thought this way.

So did anyone else take part in the tribal mayhem that was Sunday night? Any Stories?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

I filmed a little bit of the blue peace sign flag parade down my firelane, but I filmed from my chair b/c I was too tired to party. Boo. Had to get up in the AM to pack up camp and catch a flight, which we inevitably missed. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Default Re: Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

what amazed me... is that thing just kept growing... I was still up at 3AM when it was about 40 people strong.

I awoke an hour later to who knows how many people... it just grew!

Was it 6AM when security finally felt compelled to do something?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I filmed a little bit of the blue peace sign flag parade down my firelane, but I filmed from my chair b/c I was too tired to party. Boo. Had to get up in the AM to pack up camp and catch a flight, which we inevitably missed. Haha.
    you missed!!!

was it at psp? ont? lax?

I thought i was going to miss my fight out of psp at one point but we made it!

what ended up happening?

Didn't take part, but a total spectator. Highlight was listening as my Aussie neighbors virally spread a rumor they had heard. Daft Punk was playing the other campground. They were so pumped. About an hour later they made it back, very pissed.
    There was also an incident a few rows away that I didn't get to see, but would have loved to. Lots of shouting, oohs and awws, then a chant of "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" for about 6 bars. It remains a mystery.
    Glad you had fun!
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    you missed!!!

was it at psp? ont? lax?

I thought i was going to miss my fight out of psp at one point but we made it!

what ended up happening?
    Haha. Monday was one of the funniest experiences of my life. Sunday night the girl I came with said we'll wake up at 6 AM (Monday) and leave by 7 to make our noon flight out of LAX. I laughed b/c I knew we would miss the plane but I didn't care. So, I woke up a little late. A new friend helped me pack all my shit up. For that I gave him a bunch of my camping gear I couldn't fly back with. We got in the rented Jeep, got super stoned and flew down the freeway. Made some wrong turns, laughed our asses off. Got to LAX 30 minutes too late to check in. Went to Delta Special Services, booked another flight departing at 12:50 AM. We fucked around in LAX, ate, slept on the floor, met some other Coachella people stranded in the airport. Then, we took a cab to our new camping friends' hotel in LA. We had dinner, then they dropped us off at LAX after. Danny Masterson was on our plane. He's filming a show in my town. I'm going to have his babies.

im proud to be apart of that strung out chaos

Not too mention the "dance party" that was going on in the VIP area (I think it was a VIP area) in the middle of the campgrounds. The MC was not only strung out but drunk off his ass, they were playing the shittiest music, dance-floor was filled with the dirtiest/sleeziest looking people I have ever seen.... yet everyone was dancing. No one wanted the party too stop. Shit wasss sooo funny

Shhiiiitt. I have more stories from that one night than I have my past 5 years going to Coachella
    Last edited by juloxx; 04-21-2010 at 02:14 PM.

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I stayed in a condo but went to the campgrounds til about 230 Sunday and it was the most fun I had in a while. Met so many people. Next year I have to camp even if there is only 1 shower
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Sunday night was a BLAST!!! Our group started it off on the roller rink doing tribal dances and shouting nonsense. Then the water jugs came out of no where and people were getting way into it. When we were finished with that we headed to a camp spot where most people were and then the mob started from there and I lasted until about 530am.

Hahahahahahahha, Sunday night was full of dirty epicness for sure!! It was one insane dance party till the sun came up. So many heads were just wyling out for sooo many hours. I was STUCK in my chair but surrounded by the biggest smiles just laughing and dancing and having an amazing time. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the whole thing. Thanks for bringing it back!
    1L☮e.

Sunday was incredible and insane. I wandered to and from various campsites, got caught up in that parachute thing, danced at the Andrew/Feather PAW campsite and blacked out at 4am with my last memory being my friend offering up absinthe, shrooms, and coke. Woke up in my tent at 8am confused as hell. I wasn't tripping, so I must've declined the shrooms...
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I stayed in a condo but went to the campgrounds til about 230 Sunday and it was the most fun I had in a while. Met so many people. Next year I have to camp even if there is only 1 shower
    In my experience, up until Sunday night the whole time in my head I was telling myself "this shit aint worth it, why the fuck did I do this rather than go in on a house"

I lived on no sleep and just Spicy Pie for four days straight. Who knows if I would have even had the energy to go out sunday night if I hadnt taken 3-4 hits of alien spit around 7:45. But as I said, that night just changed it all. Soooo much fun. Even if I am not camping I am returning to the campsite every sunday night from now on.

Now that I think of it, I feel an excess amount of people were tripping because of The Gorrilaz playing. Who knows if that many tripping people will be there in the Sundays of the future.

You mean his alien scientology "babies?"
    Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Danny Masterson was on our plane. He's filming a show in my town. I'm going to have his babies.

Quote Originally Posted by 3wulfmoonz View Post
    You mean his alien scientology "babies?"
    Are you serious? Oh no. Ok. Maybe we'll just practice making babies :P

"FUCK SLEEP! WAKE UP!" this was being chanted at 2 am outside our camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

We heard "GET THE FUCK UP - GET THE FUCK UP - GET THE FUCK UP" x infinity

Yeahhhh, that was a pretty epic night. I have to say. Fuck you guy's for waking me up though.

I think everyone was just so disappointed with the way the Gorillaz set ended (especially with the way last year ended with The Cure) that nobody was ready for the last memory of Coachella to be such a downer. I know that's how my camp felt so we wandered around for a couple hours talking and meeting awesome people, and ended up playing drunk drugged out twister for a couple hours till we couldn't stand anymore.
    RADIOHEAD 2011

Lurker

Were any of you up for the sunset with the sad remnants of the party on the small hill type thing on Monday morning? ... fucking brilliant.

Lurker

and by sunset I do mean sunrise, my brain has just been eaten by coachella..

i didn't camp this year. Friday night, i was NOT ready at all to have the night be over, so for about 30 minutes I talked to some really great people just sitting on the lawn by the cocktails, lounged on the couch area and saw JayZ walk past us, then i dont know how...but i have 2 videos of my way venturing outwards, and someone took me to the playground, where i found myself waiting in line to Swing on those neon swings, which seemed like a perfect idea, so I swang for enough until I wanted to avoid nausea...wandered more over to some more grass hill, by the FILTH party, where my cocktail kicked IN and i could only stare at people, film, haha, and try to figure out what was all going on, why were people in giant mowhawks and army gear all standing around talking, dancing, making out (all on film too), until I finally, finally, come up enough to stand up, and walk around back sober now and walk another mile or two back to my avenue 52 car, which was SO fucking far, i had to ask about 3 yellow shirts which direction, and i even had my iPhone coachella ap and marked my car. That was my favorite night. So, considering camping, although I went alone this year (fell thru plans). Not sure how I feel about ACTUALLY staying there...I didn't mind driving back to my hotel in PS, taking a high pressure shower, change clothes, sleep, and on the drive back, pick up more lovely supplies from the Grocery store, where the friendliest people in the world were there too.

the clock in my car read 4:45 am. my car was the only one left in the lot. unharmed.
    Last edited by hacking my dreams; 04-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Mr. Porter: Apparently Soulja Boy writes like Shakespeare...
    Like I needed a computer to tell me that. -Msparks

There were some serious hangers-on in the campgrounds Sunday night. People were trying to party as if their life depended on it.

i'd just like to extend my graditude (no pun intended) to the female streaker running thru the campground on Sunday night... it was lovely.
    every day, every year

lowfront

Sunday night camping is always the best night

there are no activities leaving people to get creative

and its the last night, so no one wants to stop partying

I however passed out as planned because I had a early flight in the morning and was nervous about the morning.

My buddy didn't sleep all night and had a blast

^ I should've just stayed up until the flight having fun. Next time...

lowfront

I really was done after plastikman's set. Just closed my weekend well for me. I really didn't want to take another pill and be up for another 10 hours. It was time for me.

Had a blast in the campground this year though, always half the fun.

I feel this sunday could have been crazier than most sundays because an abnormal amount of people were tripping for either Plastikman or The Gorillaz. Any truth to this, or is Sunday-night always a shit-show at Coachella Camping?

Sunday morning, thru Monday afternoon was the best time I have ever had in my life. 35 hours of absolute happiness. Ninja hula hooping, Watching the sunrise on the hill, everyone sharing everything. There is hope for humans after all.
    Last edited by mikeymikemikey; 10-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.

merging my group w/ the Dirty Epic (Sophia & Andrew thank you!!!) was the smartest thing i did all weekend. I just remember walking over to our dance tent at about 2 in the morning, grabbing Matty, Andrew, and Devin all on seperate occasions and going... "Hey, im about to get weird and i need to know if your gunna be up all night..." into each one of them replying, "Are you seriously fucking asking me that right now, lets fucking rage!"
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

We loved your crew. Merging will take place next year too
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.