Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Edward Sharpe changed my life at Coachella...

Default Why Edward Sharpe changed my life at Coachella...

I'm still trying to figure this out...but the good news is...he did...I'll always cherish those 50 minutes in the sun...
    Friday
    Refused, Arctic Monkeys, EITS, M83, Amon Tobin, the Rapture, Neon Indian, Dawes, Death Grips, Other Lives, the Dear Hunter

Saturday
    Radiohead, Miike Snow, GY!BE, St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Flying Lotus, A$ap Rocky, Kaiser Chiefs, the Head and the Heart, the Vaccines, Grouplove, Gary Clark Jr, Destructo

Sunday
    Dr. Dre, ATDI, Justice, La Roux, Beirut, Shadow, Modeselektor, Dada Life, Flux Pavilion, Gotye, araabMUZIK, NOISIA, Band of Skulls, Metronomy, Fanfarlo

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Why Edward Sharpe changed my life at Coachella...

it was a great set! come talk about it here:

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40817
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Since I missed it, I'll ask-

Was there a massive festival-wide sing-a-long to "Home"?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

His entire set was one big sing along...it was perfect...I want to go back now!
    Friday
    Refused, Arctic Monkeys, EITS, M83, Amon Tobin, the Rapture, Neon Indian, Dawes, Death Grips, Other Lives, the Dear Hunter

Saturday
    Radiohead, Miike Snow, GY!BE, St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Flying Lotus, A$ap Rocky, Kaiser Chiefs, the Head and the Heart, the Vaccines, Grouplove, Gary Clark Jr, Destructo

Sunday
    Dr. Dre, ATDI, Justice, La Roux, Beirut, Shadow, Modeselektor, Dada Life, Flux Pavilion, Gotye, araabMUZIK, NOISIA, Band of Skulls, Metronomy, Fanfarlo

One of my top 5 of the weekend. Check out the beautiful new song, "Fiya Wata"

And yes they closed the set with home and it was perfect...
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I really am sad I missed their set, but i have seen them a few times recently, and was rather pleased I caught Gossip instead.
    Home usually is played in the middle and i considered leaving gossip or getting their late after hearing Home but then I wouldve missed too much...
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

they were pretty damn good.
    -Zach

Ready to see them again...of course now all we are going to hear about on these boards is how the entire act is a gimmic and not how great their music is...
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

They were the perfect band for the outdoor stage. Listening to them under the sun laying in the grass singing along was absolute heaven!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madtapdancer View Post
    They were the perfect band for the outdoor stage. Listening to them under the sun laying in the grass singing along was absolute heaven!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with you...it was the perfect way to get my festival season started...ready to see how Bonnaroo reacts to it...if I could feel that way everyday, I'd quit my job and move to california lol
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

HAHAHAHA it's raining right now in southern California so I'm listening to Edward Sharpe to get that feeling back.

Quote Originally Posted by Madtapdancer View Post
    HAHAHAHA it's raining right now in southern California so I'm listening to Edward Sharpe to get that feeling back.
    Haha do it!!! Good luck with that...
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

i said it once, ill say it again, Ed Sharpe = Supercool day time set
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

i enjoyed it, but there was a group of about 20 assholes in front of us who decided that ed sharpe would be the perfect time for them to have a photo shoot. they must've taken a hundred pics, all posed. i dont think they looked at the stage once. it was distracting, but otherwise i highly enjoyed the set too.
    no coachella for me this year. lineup is too weak to fly coast to coast.

Quote Originally Posted by halyem View Post
    i enjoyed it, but there was a group of about 20 assholes in front of us who decided that ed sharpe would be the perfect time for them to have a photo shoot. they must've taken a hundred pics, all posed. i dont think they looked at the stage once. it was distracting, but otherwise i highly enjoyed the set too.
    Haha like minded people nearly ruined my muse trip...I hope they didn't get a shot of my pupils anytime during that set, I'm sure I looked like a sugar glider...
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

They were great but.. /cry no Desert Song

I was sure that in the middle of the desert we would get to hear Desert Song, but ending with Home was so fitting.
    RADIOHEAD 2011

Lurker

I was just going through the "Get to know Coachella" before when I heard them and made note that I needed to see them. They ended up in my top 5 performances for the weekend. It was just a giant ball of happiness. My friend who had never heard them was like, "We're going to Zia, right now." after their set.

Hopefully they keep recieving more and more good praises...we need music like this these days, it's very therapeutic!
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

looks like edward sharpe visits coachella blogs
    ]
    sitting through a Jack Johnson headliner with special guests counting crows, ben harper, and dave matthews with a midget sitting on my lap ....a retarded midget with drool driping down my leg as he claps to the curious george song as i hold his lolly pop, while MIA's dj blasts horn noises in my right ear while staring at a 3rd addition of the tesla coils while the group of guys with g strings fart in my left ear > Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    Since I missed it, I'll ask-

Was there a massive festival-wide sing-a-long to "Home"?
    yes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFt7eEqmB1c

Quote Originally Posted by jonesjupiter View Post
    I hope they didn't get a shot of my pupils anytime during that set, I'm sure I looked like a sugar glider...
    God, there were probably 5 different groups of people trying to take pictures of my freakin huge eyes on day one. it really just made me feel like shit. surprising to me my orange sunglasses didn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by trentmorrison View Post
    looks like edward sharpe visits coachella blogs
    Do explain...
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ryanliamg View Post
    God, there were probably 5 different groups of people trying to take pictures of my freakin huge eyes on day one. it really just made me feel like shit. surprising to me my orange sunglasses didn't help at all.
    Haha I'm pretty sure I had sunglasses on for the entire 48 hours I was there...it was still totally annoying!
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

love edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros. positively life changing. but we all know that "edward sharpe" is a fictional character, right? the lead singer is alex ebert, and he created Edward Sharpe.

Why does it matter what his real name is?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by headrush View Post
    love edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros. positively life changing. but we all know that "edward sharpe" is a fictional character, right? the lead singer is alex ebert, and he created Edward Sharpe.
    You know Jimi Hendrix was originally Johnny Allen Hendrix and Ringo Star was originally Richard Starkey...

P.S. - The lead singer of kiss really isn't a demon, I've actually heard he's the guy with weird hair on A&E...
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Okay, I just need to get this off my chest and I'm not trying to troll, but see if someone has this same opinion. Well, I was enjoy Beach House, but immediately needed to go to Edward Sharpe at a certain point. I will blame that on something in my blood stream. Anyway, I get up really fucking close. I mean, close enough to smell that hippie fragrance rolling through the crowd. Alexander comes out and knocks the mic stand over and hits some dude in the head and in a complete rock star fashion gives his shirt to him. All the girls around me swoon (is this guy really a sex symbol). I just found the dynamic of the band to be completely uncomfortable. They sounded great. I mean I think this music has some real magic behind it, but Alexander kept on doing this strange seizure looking dance and jumping into the crowd like we were his minions and it was so obvious that Jade was hurt by him. Jade didn't want to sing Home with him in front of everyone. I just don't see this band lasting very long. Alexander was hoped up on too many drugs and is a complete narcassist. Am I the only one that saw this set?
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Bieber on an illegal dose of sedatives for 2011.
    "It's only polite for somebody to levantarse BEFORE the manajatwa."
    -GEMMA

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    Okay, I just need to get this off my chest and I'm not trying to troll, but see if someone has this same opinion. Well, I was enjoy Beach House, but immediately needed to go to Edward Sharpe at a certain point. I will blame that on something in my blood stream. Anyway, I get up really fucking close. I mean, close enough to smell that hippie fragrance rolling through the crowd. Alexander comes out and knocks the mic stand over and hits some dude in the head and in a complete rock star fashion gives his shirt to him. All the girls around me swoon (is this guy really a sex symbol). I just found the dynamic of the band to be completely uncomfortable. They sounded great. I mean I think this music has some real magic behind it, but Alexander kept on doing this strange seizure looking dance and jumping into the crowd like we were his minions and it was so obvious that Jade was hurt by him. Jade didn't want to sing Home with him in front of everyone. I just don't see this band lasting very long. Alexander was hoped up on too many drugs and is a complete narcassist. Am I the only one that saw this set?
    Substances perhaps?

Honestly I found it refreshing for a band at the epicenter of popular music to be so, "disorganized", I'm sick of overpolished overly done sets...as far as their future goes? I agree it's gonna hard to keep them together, their size for one thing surely has something to do with it...it's hard to keep that many different personalities to stay committed to anything, let alone maintain the difficult task of keeping a band together...they are human, they have problems, the music is what's important...hopefully you enjoyed the show a little!
    Friday

Saturday

Sunday