Page 35 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3752

Thread: List of Rumored/not really Confirmed Bands for Coachella 2011

Default Re: List of Rumored/not really Confirmed Bands for Coachella 2011

Yeah, but Billy C is a massive douchebox
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

more likely that he was either paid less than he "felt" he deserved or didn't like his position on the line-up/set schedule and, thusly, took his marbles and went home.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Meh, I doubt he was even approached.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

that's even better. floating the trial balloon of desire and having it popped upon takeoff.

fitting end.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Coachella sold out of weekend tickets because they didn't offer single day passes?
    Yes. When all 3 day of a prestigious fest greatly appeal to you top to bottom, and single day passes aren't an option, you'll take that 3-day pass.

2009 with press relating to McCartney helped the festival big time. Those "trendy names" played every major market 3 times on an album tour cycle. Why travel to the desert and spends hundreds of dollars? Lots of people snuck in via "in/out" changes.
    Uh. They had an even bigger press release in 2008 (that had a ton of advance notice) for the full lineup announcement. There was nothing big that happened in 09 that caused 10-15K more people than normal the following year. Like I said, it was the perfect festival formula.

Paul T and co. publicly stated they sold 75k tickets. Not that there were 75k people there a day - that they sold that many tickets. A few people might have sneaked in, but ultimately, they oversold the festival. Those people sneaking in didn't help, but they aren't the central ones to blame for the fest being as crowded as it was.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I always wondered how many people couldn't make it there due to the Volcano eruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Fat Freddy's Drop

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10696517

They've been live at the Roundhouse.

And now Kiwi collective Fat Freddy's Drop has won a spot at one of the biggest music festivals in the United States.

The band is only the second New Zealand band - after Crowded House - to be lined up for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Today I learned that Crowded House are from New Zealand.
    I had always thought they were Aussie.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

ó Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Are there contests being held for spots now? If so, can I attend?

Botox of the Eye

heard it was a new side project of Zach from Rage and whoever is backing Hole these days..

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Kind of a confirmation from Clare Maguire: http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/...-of-2011/24272

So what do you have planned next besides working on another video?

Well Iím supporting Hurts again around Europe and I think Iím going to be playing Coachella.

So youíll be coming to the States?
    Yeah, Iím going to be coming there in the spring. I really want to go there now though but my music is quite more slow burn and itís more about the gradual process so thatís the way itís going to have to be but I want to go to America as soon as possible because I really love it.
    hmmm I wonder if that means that Hurts will be there as well.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Going by GV's proclivity to book trendy acts for Coachella (that are featured on car commercials, cough*Phoenix*cough), I won't be surprised if Pomplamoose is there, you know because they're 'indie' an all...

there will be 82,776 people there just to see the singer.
    Last edited by obzen; 12-28-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Coachella sold out of weekend tickets because they didn't offer single day passes?
    Yes. The headliners were mainstream and diverse enough to where someone who would be interested in going to only night has to buy a weekend ticket, overall making Coachella more crowded. The weekend passes sold out just like a single day pass would .

oh geez. NO to pomplamoose!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    hmmm I wonder if that means that Hurts will be there as well.
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Going by GV's proclivity to book trendy acts for Coachella (that are featured on car commercials, cough*Phoenix*cough), I won't be surprised if Pomplamoose is there, you know because they're 'indie' an all...
    From my understanding of Pomplamoose, an actual live show would be pretty difficult to put on, don't the two of them play all the instruments?

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

Coachella Junkie

Who the fuck is Pomplamoose?

A YOUTUBE SENSATION

Coachella Junkie

Oh.

I didn't realize that Pomplamoose hate existed. I like them. Enjoyable fluff.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    A YOUTUBE SENSATION
    The mystery third headliner is Fred.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    I didn't realize that Pomplamoose hate existed. I like them. Enjoyable fluff.
    really. but, do they actually perform live? i didn't think they did.

They're opening for the Dresden Dolls NYE show at Warfield.

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    Any shoegaze/dreampop love this year? I am happy to see plenty of post-punk potential here...
    <3 Andy
    Last edited by Iamjoeswastdlife; 12-28-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Kind of a confirmation from Clare Maguire: http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/...-of-2011/24272

So what do you have planned next besides working on another video?

Well Iím supporting Hurts again around Europe and I think Iím going to be playing Coachella.

So youíll be coming to the States?
    Yeah, Iím going to be coming there in the spring. I really want to go there now though but my music is quite more slow burn and itís more about the gradual process so thatís the way itís going to have to be but I want to go to America as soon as possible because I really love it.
    Now if only Hurts would also come!

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Today I learned that Crowded House are from New Zealand.
    I had always thought they were Aussie.
    Crowded House are an Australian band, frontman Neil Finn is from NZ. NZ are always trying to claim Crowded House as their own. Probably because Australia tries to claim all of NZ's stars.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by meowlouder View Post
    Yes. The headliners were mainstream and diverse enough to where someone who would be interested in going to only night has to buy a weekend ticket, overall making Coachella more crowded. The weekend passes sold out just like a single day pass would .
    All the 2010 "mainstream headliners" are easy to see in any part of the US. grillaz was a bit rare, but they don't a have a reputation as a killer act performance wise - they set no attendance records in arenas later that year in the US.

Sasquatch also sold out surprisingly quick and they didn't strike me as having powerhouse headliners.

It's good-will over several years building up where the fests themselves attract fans rather than artists. I booked my Coachella trip already, which was almost unfathomable to me flying in from Vancouver without knowing who's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I always wondered how many people couldn't make it there due to the Volcano eruption.
    Heathrow London yanked flights by Thursday. Fans would have likely flown out by then and spend a day in California getting used to the time change. UK media covering the event in person seemed to be there. Gorillaz and Fever Ray made it. Some of the lower billed acts for Sat/Sun got nailed and some could only bring a fraction of their band members/gear. I believe all acts got paid in full.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Yes. When all 3 day of a prestigious fest greatly appeal to you top to bottom, and single day passes aren't an option, you'll take that 3-day pass.

Uh. They had an even bigger press release in 2008 (that had a ton of advance notice) for the full lineup announcement. There was nothing big that happened in 09 that caused 10-15K more people than normal the following year. Like I said, it was the perfect festival formula.

Paul T and co. publicly stated they sold 75k tickets. Not that there were 75k people there a day - that they sold that many tickets. A few people might have sneaked in, but ultimately, they oversold the festival. Those people sneaking in didn't help, but they aren't the central ones to blame for the fest being as crowded as it was.
    I actually preferred the 2009 lineup and I'm still in my 20's.

Paul T was asked about 10,000 gatecrashers this year and dodged the question. he also mentioned how the band guestlists were greatly abused and had to be tightened. 75k tix, 10k associated with the fest and 10k gatecrashes gets you close to 95k very quickly.

All the 2010 "mainstream headliners" are easy to see in any part of the US. grillaz was a bit rare, but they don't a have a reputation as a killer act performance wise - they set no attendance records in arenas later that year in the US.

Sasquatch also sold out surprisingly quick and they didn't strike me as having powerhouse headliners.

It's good-will over several years building up where the fests themselves attract fans rather than artists. I booked my Coachella trip already, which was almost unfathomable to me flying in from Vancouver without knowing who's playing.

Heathrow London yanked flights by Thursday. Fans would have likely flown out by then and spend a day in California getting used to the time change. UK media covering the event in person seemed to be there. Gorillaz and Fever Ray made it. Some of the lower billed acts for Sat/Sun got nailed and some could only bring a fraction of their band members/gear. I believe all acts got paid in full.

I actually preferred the 2009 lineup and I'm still in my 20's.

Paul T was asked about 10,000 gatecrashers this year and dodged the question. he also mentioned how the band guestlists were greatly abused and had to be tightened. 75k tix, 10k associated with the fest and 10k gatecrashes gets you close to 95k very quickly.
    wait 10,000 people snuck in?? what?? article? link? wha interview did you read this in
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    wait 10,000 people snuck in?? what?? article? link? wha interview did you read this in
    http://www.laweekly.com/2010-08-12/m...g-coachella/3/

"The No. 1 thing was just too many bodies," Tollett adds. "That came from a few things. Number one, we sold more tickets than we have in the past." Specifically, Goldenvoice sold an additional 6,000 three-day tickets compared with the previous year, a jump in attendance compounded by a tidal wave of "sneak-ins, fence-cutting, counterfeit wristbands, counterfeit tickets," says Tollett. "We had a lame ticketing thing that we have to change, that actually made no sense."

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2010...-we-waited-for

He said heíd faced more adversity with this Coachella than any other. I asked him about reports that 10,000 counterfeit wristbands had been distributed, which must have contributed to the confusions and delays getting in, but he only said, ďYou know Iím not good with numbers.Ē