Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2011: Will you be back?

Default Coachella 2011: Will you be back?

Yes? no? maybe?

edit: god damn it I fucked this up and can't delete it. and can't turn it into a poll. Please ignore.

or better yet if Erik or somebody could delete this plz.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-21-2010 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: Coachella 2011: Will you be back?

This reminds me of when I went to a Dodgers game with my grandpa and he couldn't find us throughout the entire game and HE was convinced he was sitting in the correct spot. When in reality, he was probably just wandering aimlessly and collecting Dodger Dog wrappers. So sad. So so sad.

It's gonna be ok, Tom.

I absolutely will be back. No question
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Even if I lose a limb, I will be back....with a handicap pass.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

yes

- if i don't comeback it's because of the lineup / i can't afford it

- i will be even more ready not to take a single shower next time heh heh life and music festivals are clusterfucks (with douchebags everywhere) but i love them ... it's all worth it

Missing Coachella is not an option!

Smile Re: Coachella 2011: Will you be back?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Yes? no? maybe?

edit: god damn it I fucked this up and can't delete it. and can't turn it into a poll. Please ignore.

or better yet if Erik or somebody could delete this plz.
    It's ok Tom. Very few of us are operating above the level of retard today. Good luck with your recovery this week.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

I'll be back as well, with several extra days of planned vacation and some awesome 2nd timer improvements. God, I just sat here for 2 minutes trying to think of the word "improvement." Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

My decision to go back and/or skip it next year will hinge on how well it fits into my life and how much I like the lineup, not how I feel about this year's myriad disasters. I have faith that they're known enough and being covered by enough angered media outlets that they will be acknowledged somehow in planning for next year. And more to the point, I'm internal enough that nobody else can fuck up the festival for me as badly as I can fuck it up for myself. Even assuming that next year maintains the same level of generalized hectic disarray and inconsistency, I will be able to have as good a time as I did this past weekend. It will be as positive or as negative an experience as I'm willing to allow it to be. Unless the chaos gets to the point of completely obfuscating the things I love about it, my own ability to have a good time and whether or not it will fit reasonably into my life will be the factors that make or break my plans, not the (completely warranted) anger at this year's series of fuck-ups.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 04-21-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Yes for hopefully 5 of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    My decision to go back and/or skip it next year will hinge on how well it fits into my life and how much I like the lineup, not how I feel about this year's myriad disasters.
    This quote captures my thoughts, so no need to rewrite it.

Husband and I will be there.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Ill be back this year but definitely getting a hotel sunday night

I will try like hell to be back
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

I am a "maybe." It will hinge on GV's response to this year. If they scale back numbers or at least expand the venue to accommodate a larger number of people, then probably. If they stick with the setup used for 2010, I will not be back.
    For your health

I'm a maybe too. For the first time ever, it depends on the line up and if changes are made to the venue.

old school

My decision to go back and/or skip it next year will hinge on how well it fits into my life and how much I like the lineup, not how I feel about this year's myriad disasters. I have faith that they're known enough and being covered by enough angered media outlets that they will be acknowledged somehow in planning for next year. And more to the point, I'm internal enough that nobody else can fuck up the festival for me as badly as I can fuck it up for myself. Even assuming that next year maintains the same level of generalized hectic disarray and inconsistency, I will be able to have as good a time as I did this past weekend. It will be as positive or as negative an experience as I'm willing to allow it to be. Unless the chaos gets to the point of completely obfuscating the things I love about it, my own ability to have a good time and whether or not it will fit reasonably into my life will be the factors that make or break my plans, not the (completely warranted) anger at this year's series of fuck-ups.
    Well put. Agreed.

Despite the problems of 2010 I saw more incredible music than maybe any Coachella ever. I'm still reflecting and thinking about how it compares to previous years, but it's definitely going to be at or near the top. (only been since 07 though)
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Yes, without a doubt, I will be back next year regardless of the lineup. Coachella 2010 was PHENOMENAL. The music was INCREDIBLE. They just need to address the trash issue and it sounds like the camping showers were a real problem. I loved the big crowds and loved that so many people wanted to experience Coachella. Our group arrived early, planned our days carefully and didn't have a single problem seeing the sets we wanted to see.

It's going to depend on the lineup for me.

This is our vacation every year-we rarely go anywhere else. We only have so much vacation time/money to spend on traveling. I can fly anywhere in the world I want for virtually nothing, yet we choose to spend our vacation time and money on Coachella.

After the mess this year, we totaled up what we spent and figured we could have spent close to a week in Greece or Hawaii for the same amount. Next year, unless they make a commitment to cap attendance, or pull the Knife or Bowie out of the proverbial hat, we may choose to spend our vacation funds elsewhere.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

We will be there most likely, but if changes are not made it may depend on the line-up and funds.

Depends on the line-up & if it doesn't conflict with NASCAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

If the capacity is lowered back down to a manageable 60k, at least thirty shower trailers are promised for campers instead of seven, and if they guarantee that two of the three biggest draws of the day being on the outdoor theater is now a thing of the past, then absolutely will be back 100% guaranteed. Otherwise, I would need Pulp, Bowie, or The Knife to survive another clusterfuck.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

And more to the point, I'm internal enough that nobody else can fuck up the festival for me as badly as I can fuck it up for myself.
    I've gone in 06, 08, and now this year. I f'd it up for myself in 07 and especially 09... just not being responsible enough with $$$ to make it happen.

There was a lot of BS that Goldenvoice should've had a better handle on this past weekend. But with that being said- It was so damn good to be back! I had so much fun!... through the overcrowding... through the shower situation... through all the negatives. I'll try hard to get back next year. I've wanted to go every year, and if I can be responsible enough I'll make it happen.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

yes, i will be back. our group was already planning for next year on Monday while taking our stuff down in the campgrounds.

COACHELLA FOR LIFE!!!!!
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

I was already planning to go next year, but I might not bother if its just going to be Crowdchella again.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

short bus rider

is this thread a joke? yeah there were a shitload of people there (probably way too many), and the shower situation was dogshit, but i can't believe any of you coachella diehards would ever consider not going. you have over 22,000 posts on a messageboard dedicated to coachella and you ponder not going?

there hasn't been a single year where goldenvoice hasn't brought changes to the festival. they are always moving forward and trying new things. trial and error, guys. some shit worked this year and other things didn't, but if you didn't have a good time this weekend then i don't know what to say other than you need to learn how to have fun. coachella has always been and will always be the best weekend of the year. if this is all it takes to stop you guys from coming, then good fucking riddance, i didn't like most of you anyway.

/forum

The music was absolutely solid this year. I loved that. I heard some really great sets.

But we most likely will not be back. The girls will graduate college a month after Coachella, so we already have big, expensive plans to go back east next year. ONLY if Bowie or Talking Heads were to magically appear on the lineup AND SINGLE DAY TICKETS were available, would it compel us to attend at any time in the future. I honestly can't think of anyone that would be that big of a draw for us to spend another 4-5 days of our hard earned time and money on anymore.

But we love ya, Coachella. It was a really great ride while it lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by alex gardner View Post
    is this thread a joke? yeah there were a shitload of people there (probably way too many), and the shower situation was dogshit, but i can't believe any of you coachella diehards would ever consider not going. you have over 22,000 posts on a messageboard dedicated to coachella and you ponder not going?

there hasn't been a single year where goldenvoice hasn't brought changes to the festival. they are always moving forward and trying new things. trial and error, guys. some shit worked this year and other things didn't, but if you didn't have a good time this weekend then i don't know what to say other than you need to learn how to have fun. coachella has always been and will always be the best weekend of the year. if this is all it takes to stop you guys from coming, then good fucking riddance, i didn't like most of you anyway.
    have you even read a single other thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.