Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your going to get dumb in anticiption of a set,...

Default If your going to get dumb in anticiption of a set,...

don't get so high that you can't stay for the set.

I saw dozens of people get a decent spot for a set, get buzzed, only to freak out and have to leave before the band even started. What a waste to be too wasted.
    Last edited by JoeCthulhu; 04-22-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Default Re: If your going to get high in anticiption of a set,...

im wondering what weed people are smoking in order to get "waisted"... what exactly does that entail? if it involves getting so high i start being lifted up by my waist, i guess i could be down. im cool with "WASTED" though.... but did anyone really get "too high"?

lowfront

ya can't imagine anyone is smoking themselves to high

rolls or psychedelics though, think we have all hit that point where we need to take a breather at one point or another.

If you're going to start a thread please make it manageable to read by using proper grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I had to leave from acid. missed vampire weekend. got back for jayz and deadmau5 though

People who can't handle their drugs shouldn't do them in the first place.

I teetered on the edge of being too messed up all weekend. Luckily, I stuck it out for every single set I got a spot for and didn't do anything too insane. But, there were times I wasn't so sure I should still be in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

i hadnt smoked cali weed in a minute and i smoked a ton in the 'lab and went to sleigh bells. jesus christ that was waay too much. sounded like chainsaws on metal. Gobi speakers were way too loud. had to go back to the lab to regain my senses. that was nuts.
    anyone else think sleigh bells was crazy loud?
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Sleigh Bells doesn't really have a whole lot going on apart from being incredibly loud. That's sort of the whole point.

I'm glad I didn't do drugs this year

yeah my buddy smoked a little too much for yeasayers before they started and bailed after he "went to the bathroom"

I on the other hand had some fucking square as kid tell his ignorant girlfriend about how there is metal in weed and that is what makes it carcinogenic.

I proceeded to dance wildly and give a scary drug look to his girlfirend every 20 minutes when she'd stare

EDIT:

Buy the ticket. Take the ride. No sympathy for the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    People who can't handle their drugs shouldn't do them in the first place.
    that's kinda tough to judge...I've known super experienced pros to get overwhelmed occasionally
    '99-'11...

humanoid, I agree. Sometimes some new stuff comes around with way too much active THC in it. You go about your business and get wrecked. Recovery is quick as usual though.

and ThaGorillaz... man I wish you wouldn't have smoked before sleigh bells. They were so freaking good! One of those bands you go sober or drinking to. Weed has it's place for its bands, that wasn't one of them. Oh well, try to catch them again sometime... They rocked the Gobi like non other!
    P.S. I posted her picture in hottest girls of coachella thread. She definitely took the cake this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

saw a grip of people leave sets early do to being too "high" or drunk... only saw a few people pass out this year which is good. one chick started having a seisure and then snapped out of it.

I must admit the molly got to be too much for me friday night and i had to go back to camp and sit in my car to mellow out. Listened to Jay Zzzzzz's set from on top of my car.

Set i regret missing due to drugs: Little Dragon

and i smoked more weed this past weekend then i probably ever have and still i couldnt see it being possible to have to leave a set from being too high off weed.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

yeahhh I learned my lesson about this on saturday morning. got far too high and needed obscene amounts of water, missed sets to do so. Also rolled too hard and don't remember much of spoon/phoenix

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

Chances are if you freaked out from smoking bud, you probably shouldnt be at a music festival.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Chances are if you freaked out from smoking bud, you probably shouldnt be at a music festival.
    Or, you need to be a bid more careful about who you get your bud from, and what else is in there...

Quote Originally Posted by srsaudio View Post
    Or, you need to be a bid more careful about who you get your bud from, and what else is in there...
    WAIT......? U mean theres like a super bud???? like w/ other drugs in it....? oh this is too cool.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    Sleigh Bells doesn't really have a whole lot going on apart from being incredibly loud. That's sort of the whole point.
    yeah i didnt know them but my friend wanted to see them. I could tell that i would enjoy them in different circumstances, but man. maybe ill see them at hard LA if i go. who knows.
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

If your going to get high in anticiption of a set...

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    WAIT......? U mean theres like a super bud???? like w/ other drugs in it....? oh this is too cool.
    haha this thread is bomb

i don't know how u can get so stoned off weed, maybe if you were crossfaded? with psychedelics and hallucinogens you never know wtf is going to happen so there's always a point where u consider leaving if sth totally unexpected occurs
    MUST SEES:
    Friday: Sasha, Lauryn Hill, Crystal Castles, Cut Copy, Boys Noize, Afrojack, A-trak

Saturday:Animal Collective, Steve Angello, Erykah Badu, Paul van Dyk, Fedde Le Grand, Laidback Luke, Sphongle

Sunday: Ratatat, Axwell, Bloody Beetroots, Green Velvet, CSS, Trentemoller

If I asked him once what would he say? Is he willing, can he play?

You people are retarded if you think Sleigh Bells was anything but a fucking aural atrocity.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

old school

I don't like smoking before a band comes on. I like to smoke right as they are starting. Yeasayer's 4:20 set time worked out quite well.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    You people are retarded if you think Sleigh Bells was anything but a fucking aural atrocity.
    seriously, that was one of the worst sets i've ever seen at coachella.
    The White Stripes 9/18

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    I must admit the molly got to be too much for me friday night and i had to go back to camp and sit in my car to mellow out. Listened to Jay Zzzzzz's set from on top of my car.
    This same exact thing happened to me before Plastikman sunday. I had no freaking idea how good the quality of the molly I had was, and did three pretty massive bumps 10 mins before he came on. Bad idea. At first. Oddly the batch I had Friday was from the same source and it took that much just to get going. I did stay all through Plastikman's set though, best decision ever and I have never rolled so hard in my entire life.

First of all, if you are getting too freaked out from smoking herbals then yer already a paranoid spaz....I could see wanting to fall asleep as the A.M. approaches, but, other than that you should stick to those cigarettes made of candy. If yer freaking out you better be on some hardcore drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Disagree. I went from a full time stoner to never in a never while. I get completely paranoid, get auditory hallucinations, start to think that everybody is plotting against me, etc. I've had bad shroom trips, and I've had really bad X trips, but nothing like how it got towards the very end of my pot days.
    And yet I manage to enjoy coachella every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytime Toker View Post
    First of all, if you are getting too freaked out from smoking herbals then yer already a paranoid spaz....I could see wanting to fall asleep as the A.M. approaches, but, other than that you should stick to those cigarettes made of candy. If yer freaking out you better be on some hardcore drugs.
    Because nobody who isn't a "paranoid spaz" could ever have a bad physiological reaction to a perception-altering chemical.

Quote Originally Posted by livethechoice View Post
    Because nobody who isn't a "paranoid spaz" could ever have a bad physiological reaction to a perception-altering chemical.
    It's weed.....I'm not talking acid, shrooms, ex, etc. Like I already said if you cant handle a few tokes you obviously have little control over your emotions. This isn't Reefer Madness people! Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytime Toker View Post
    Like I already said if you cant handle a few tokes you obviously have little control over your emotions. This isn't Reefer Madness people! Get a grip.
    It has nothing to do with emotional control. Your emotions don't dictate how your body processes THC.