Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 66

Thread: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member a.newb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Coast, baby.
    Posts
    80

    Default Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Were there any this year?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths


  3. #3
    old school Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nyc metro area
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths

    lame
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    one of the threads in here said that one person overhead a sercurity guard saying that a person died during deadmau5 and another during Plastikman....don't know how valid that is though....

  5. #5
    Member a.newb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Coast, baby.
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    one of the threads in here said that one person overhead a sercurity guard saying that a person died during deadmau5 and another during Plastikman....don't know how valid that is though....
    I was kinda blazed, but I do remember outside of one of the tents, seeing a guy passed out but his eyes were open.. I wanted so badly to go check on him, but didn't for whatever reason. Not that it would've helped at that point anyway, if he was dead.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by a.newb View Post
    I was kinda blazed, but I do remember outside of one of the tents, seeing a guy passed out but his eyes were open.. I wanted so badly to go check on him, but didn't for whatever reason. Not that it would've helped at that point anyway, if he was dead.
    i feel like you. i see people that dont look like their ok and i want to help because thats whats in my character but when you go and try to help people , they just hate you because your trying to lend a helping hand. i gave up after saturday trying to help people

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    no they hate you because you are annoying not because you are trying to help.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlesthesheep View Post
    no they hate you because you are annoying not because you are trying to help.
    haha eat a dick

  9. #9
    Member natureboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    "Death of Autotune, Moment of Silence."
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

  10. #10
    Member Brad Groux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    ... my ears during Sleigh Bells.
    Nothing can stop me now...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    I heard about the security guys gang raping that one hispanic 15 yo girl but not about any deaths.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxiclean View Post
    I heard about the security guys gang raping that one hispanic 15 yo girl but not about any deaths.
    Will you please go back to the Stagecoach forum, thanks.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    One of the security guys told me as I was leaving Lot 7 Monday afternoon that, "some kid all hopped on acid hit himself in the head with a brick" durind the Sat night/Sun morn festivities and had just "been declared dead at the hospital this morning".This was one of the yellow shirt guys,and he also said there wasn't an In'n'Out Burgers in Indio,so I take the rest of what he said with a grain of salt,especially the kid hitting himself with the brick...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

  14. #14
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Lincoln View Post
    This was one of the yellow shirt guys,and he also said there wasn't an In'n'Out Burgers in Indio,so I take the rest of what he said with a grain of salt,especially the kid hitting himself with the brick...
    In 'N' Out isn't so special. I live in Salt Lake City and there's one a mile from my house. When something like that comes to Utah, it's mojo is gone.

  15. #15
    Member lunatic core's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ultraworld
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Is it even possible that even one person could die and it not turn into a HUGE media shitstorm about how kids are unsafe at festivals?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

  16. #16

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    Is it even possible that even one person could die and it not turn into a HUGE media shitstorm about how kids are unsafe at festivals?
    It can absolutely happen and has happened many times in the past.

    Anyway, one of my buddies said a girl lost consciousness and bumped into him and his girlfriend on her way down to the ground when Gorillaz was on. Eyes rolled back in her head and everything. He said a couple people picked her up and started running her back through the crowd to the medics. No idea what happened to her.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    Is it even possible that even one person could die and it not turn into a HUGE media shitstorm about how kids are unsafe at festivals?
    yes its very possible and always happens. People die at bonnaroo every year and I have never heard a media shitstorm about any of it.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    That's a good point.

  19. #19
    Member TomServo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Granada Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,673

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Somebody passed out right in front of me at the gate Sunday - he was okay, maybe just a seizure or something.

    For the record, I immediately checked on him. When he came to, he seemed coherent and embarassed, like it had happened in the past.

  20. #20
    old school Cheddar's Cousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    2,718

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Somebody passed out right in front of me at the gate Sunday - he was okay, maybe just a seizure or something.

    For the record, I immediately checked on him. When he came to, he seemed coherent and embarassed, like it had happened in the past.

    Why...did he immediately check for butthole lacerations?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

  21. #21
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,068

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Andie almost died that one time she went to a rave because the e pill she took did not mix well with her prescription meds. Thank GOD Pacey was there to take care of her.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  22. #22
    lowfront
    Guest

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    I thought I died and came back to life during Plastikman

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Saturday night while walking through the cluster fuck that was muse, we saw a girl sprawled out on the ground, motionless. Then we saw a medic cart go past us toward her, when the lights shined on her from the car they stopped and one medic got out.
    She then lifted her right arm up and started fist pumping the rock on symbol.

    The medic turned around and drove off.

  24. #24
    Member mfnalaska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlesthesheep View Post
    Saturday night while walking through the cluster fuck that was muse, we saw a girl sprawled out on the ground, motionless. Then we saw a medic cart go past us toward her, when the lights shined on her from the car they stopped and one medic got out.
    She then lifted her right arm up and started fist pumping the rock on symbol.

    The medic turned around and drove off.
    Greatest story yet

  25. #25
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by mfnalaska View Post
    Greatest story yet
    YES.
    I'm in a huge lecture and it made me l-o-l... ha!
    [[not that i think the situation is FUNNYfunny...]]

  26. #26
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    I thought I died and came back to life during Plastikman
    A dj saved your life?


    Jokes from the late 80's never get old.

  27. #27
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Andie almost died that one time she went to a rave because the e pill she took did not mix well with her prescription meds. Thank GOD Pacey was there to take care of her.
    i you cara..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  28. #28
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,111

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    ha.

    and a little embarrassed that i know what you are talking about.

    still not as quality as jessie od'ing on caffeine pills while trying to make time for studying and being in a music group.

  29. #29
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    I had a near death experience during Fever Ray.

  30. #30
    Member Brad Groux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Coachella Deaths??????? any?

    Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    I had a near death experience during Fever Ray.
    A guy next to me at Fever Ray passed out cold about halfway through the show, he fell backwards and was out like a light. His buddy took something out of his hand (couldn't see because it was dark) and just kind of bent over and stared at him. Myself and a few other people around him were asking is friend if he was okay, and what was he on but the guy didn't say a word. This was about 40 rows back, and he was out for about 45 seconds before coming to. He was pretty messed up after that and tried to stand up but fell to his knees, and then sat down for a few more songs before his friend finally did the smart thing and walked him out.

    It seems I'm a pass-out magnet, as a dude did the same thing during the Black Keys last year. When he finally came to my friend asked him "Are you okay?" and he quipped back "Do I look okay?" Kids and their silly drugs, lol.
    Nothing can stop me now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •