Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weak Ass Crowdchella

Default Weak Ass Crowdchella

I had a fuckin blast this weekend, don't get me wrong. I hate comin home from Coachella just to bitch about something but man, the crowds this year were just absolutely unreasonably bored. Weren't they? I feel like this was a huge issue all weekend. Is weekend 1 just for spoiled rich Cali kids that just go to be seen there? Like why the fuck would you push your way up through a crowd through thousands of people to get to the front only to not give a fuck about any of the show? Is it just being able to say 'chyeaaaa dude we were so close for Arcade Fire'? FOR REAL what was the deal? I've never seen such empathy for such huge shows. Outkast, Neutral Milk, the Knife... Three bands that rarely ever play live shows, and are always highly requested in fantasy lineups, all playing historic Coachella sets on the same weekend and it just felt like nobody gave a fuck! Even after getting called out for being a dull audience at Outkast, and so many artists saying things like, "you guys tired?" And, "y'all still there?" And "I know it's been a long day but let me see ANYTHING from you out there."
    I just felt so bad for so many artists. Lots of performers commented on it this year and I was pretty embarrassed to be in the company of the crowds I was in. And Win's comment like, "There's a lot of backstage extreme VIP bullshit going on at this festival and a lot of you probably wish you could be back here but you're really not missing anything". I loved that. It had a weird vibe to it this weekend and I'm glad he addressed it. I could go on and on about the shitty crowds but you all witnessed it. I just hope weekend 2 crowd picks up our slack and fucking kills it for all the bands!

Default Re: Weak Ass Crowdchella

Outkast was boring as shit , that's their fault.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Weekend 2 here, we got this.

As someone who has gone to both weekends I agree with everything you say. The difference between weekends is quite apparent and I have had this same conversation with other friends who have gone both weekends regarding their experience. Weekend 1 is for the scenesters that go primarily to be seen, weekend 2 is for those who go primarily for the music. The crowd and the chance of having better weather were the 2 biggest factors for my wife and I when deciding to go solely weekend 2 this year.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Please note this was not an issue in the Yuma. They're the band. Make us dance, motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Lol complaints about Outkast can suck it.Aybr you're just not an Outkast fan. What, seeing the reunion isn't enough? An hour and a half set with EVERY HIT and people are still bitching cause they didn't play a certain song or the lack of lasers and stage props or some high horse bullshit. Come on.

Weekend 2, I'm telling you, this Coachella was siiiick. Exceeded my expectations by far. When nobody's dancing, audience members are referring to the fest as a 'shit hole', and motherfuckers are comin on here telling you Outkast was boring, you can be assured its just a mob of spoiled bitches doing all the hating.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    An hour and a half set with EVERY HIT*
    *except for 20 minutes for Future to pimp his album. And Andre's weak solo stuff.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Well, Outkast was boring. They opened with their highest energy hit and then were surprised when they couldn't get the audience back. You're right that they played "all their hits", and when those three songs were done, they lackadaisically sadsacked through the rest of their boring tripe. Fuck Outkast for not caring and fuck your face for being so disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

But when the crowd got really excited, it was for dumb acts like HAIM. I wish they would just outlaw cell phones - they are a big cause of this. People tweeting and twittering, and pintristing, FBing, sexting and doing everything but paying attention. You can do all that crap at home. I saw so many people tripping while texting, then they expected an apology from whomever caused them to trip.
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 04-14-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

couldn't agree more GPS. that shit gets all over my nerves. people end up watching a whole fucking show through their phone rather than actually watch what is happening in front of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

What the fuck are you people talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

The crowd weekend 1 is vastly different frim weekend 2. It seems the majority of people are less about music. Dont get me wrong they love radio songs but are clueless to album cuts. I notice this because they dont dance, sing, bib their heads, nothing.....until of course the "hit"gets played. It changes though depending on where you watch from so this by no means a knock one everyone.
    “We've spent so much time judging what other people created that we've created very, very little of our own.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

I punched a guy in the ribs in the Sahara for knocking over my wife, who was using a cane to help her walk because she has MS. He saw her, could have went around her and chose to go through her. I got a clean shot and he looked at me with a stunned, angry look. He just walked away. Fuck that guy and his Sahara bro friends.

So, you wouldn't have been in a boring crowd with me. I was a magnet for disrespectful bros who had a strong desire to get punched.
    fuck.

I have gone both weekends in past years. I agree. Weekend 1 is all So Cal people that go to be seen and to say "We saw it first". Weekend 2 you get people from other states, Europe. Plus it does not seem so crowded weekend 2. Hopefully we don't get any sand storms. Got stuck in last years RHCP sand storm Wkn 1.

Oh and if you are in a crowd with MJA, you won't be bored.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I punched a guy in the ribs in the Sahara for knocking over my wife, who was using a cane to help her walk because she has MS. He saw her, could have went around her and chose to go through her. I got a clean shot and he looked at me with a stunned, angry look. He just walked away. Fuck that guy and his Sahara bro friends.
    That's incredibly horrible!!! So sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Weekend 2 you get people from other states, Europe.
    Yeah it's too bad that weekend one is California only.
    fuck.

Why the fuck would you take someone with MS into a crowd full of drugged up assholes?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Because she wanted to watch Empire of the Sun. We got there early. Then the crowd arrived. We stayed for 20 minutes and left after that incident.
    fuck.

I've never seen such empathy for such huge shows. Outkast, Neutral Milk, the Knife... Three bands that rarely ever play live shows, and are always highly requested in fantasy lineups, all playing historic Coachella sets on the same weekend and it just felt like nobody gave a fuck!
    I think part of the issue here is not that nobody gives a fuck about these shows/reunions....it's that those people don't attend Coachella in large numbers anymore. 75% of the crowd is comprised of 16-22 year olds who have never heard of Jeff Mangum or Bryan Ferry. I still have faith that those "real" music fans are still out there because Neutral Milk Hotel's show in Austin was full of die-hards singing every word. Honestly though, I LIKE this about Coachella - while the bro and flower-headband chicks might annoy me occasionally, it's a huge win in my book to have tons of breathing room for shows like those and push the majority of the festival capacity to a dance tent I have no interest in. It's far more enjoyable than dealing with all 75,000 people at ACL Festival trying to get a good spot for the same artists.

1/27 Kevin Hart, 1/30 White Arrows, 1/31 Allen Toussaint, 3/1 Fleetwood Mac, 4/4 Stars, 4/17-4/19 Coachella W2

Yeah well, I don't go into the Sahara because I don't like getting bumped into. Because people on drugs that dilate their pupils and are charged up generally speaking aren't very good at not bumping into others when they're in a cylindrical tent full of flashing lights. So bringing someone who I'm assuming isn't very large (just a guess) into the tent early for an insanely popular act is kinda asking for her to get knocked into. Why not just take her over to the front of Motorhead?

Literally the biggest crowd I saw all fucking weekend was for Calvin Harris. That is some sad, sad shit.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Literally the biggest crowd I saw all fucking weekend was for Calvin Harris. That is some sad, sad shit.
    Yeah and you could hear that shit across the whole fucking grounds

1/27 Kevin Hart, 1/30 White Arrows, 1/31 Allen Toussaint, 3/1 Fleetwood Mac, 4/4 Stars, 4/17-4/19 Coachella W2

That's what really pissed me off , the speakers worked fine for Calvin , but half volume for everyone else? He was the only loud set on that damn stage .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Yeah I didn't understand that either. I mean Saturday it made sense--they were taking the fucking speaker towers down because of the wind. But why was everything else on the mainstage so fucking soft except for Calvin fucking Harris who wasn't even mixing between songs at all? He seriously just played each song, then took a 15 second break, then hit play again. That was the only time that the main stage actually sounded like Coachella.

Thanks for the input, Randy. Next time I'll tell my 30 year old wife that she isn't allowed in the Sahara Tent because of people on drugs. Because that's the only place where drugged up assholes hang out at Coachella.

And if we do end up in there again and some asshole knocks over my 4'11" wife, I'll just let it slide and tell her, "Sorry hun, he's possibly intoxicated. His inconsiderate actions are our own fault. I know he didn't apologize but, you know, deal with it.

The dude fucking ran her over, didn't apologize and glared at her like it was her fault.
    fuck.

I had a fuckin blast this weekend, don't get me wrong. I hate comin home from Coachella just to bitch about something but man, the crowds this year were just absolutely unreasonably bored. Weren't they? I feel like this was a huge issue all weekend. Is weekend 1 just for spoiled rich Cali kids that just go to be seen there? Like why the fuck would you push your way up through a crowd through thousands of people to get to the front only to not give a fuck about any of the show? Is it just being able to say 'chyeaaaa dude we were so close for Arcade Fire'? FOR REAL what was the deal? I've never seen such empathy for such huge shows. Outkast, Neutral Milk, the Knife... Three bands that rarely ever play live shows, and are always highly requested in fantasy lineups, all playing historic Coachella sets on the same weekend and it just felt like nobody gave a fuck! Even after getting called out for being a dull audience at Outkast, and so many artists saying things like, "you guys tired?" And, "y'all still there?" And "I know it's been a long day but let me see ANYTHING from you out there."
    I just felt so bad for so many artists. Lots of performers commented on it this year and I was pretty embarrassed to be in the company of the crowds I was in. And Win's comment like, "There's a lot of backstage extreme VIP bullshit going on at this festival and a lot of you probably wish you could be back here but you're really not missing anything". I loved that. It had a weird vibe to it this weekend and I'm glad he addressed it. I could go on and on about the shitty crowds but you all witnessed it. I just hope weekend 2 crowd picks up our slack and fucking kills it for all the bands!
    Arcade Fire attacked the whole emphasis on the VIPs and "All Access" passholders.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1755777

Have you ever heard of standing out of the fucking way? Sure, if you cross a street when you have a walk signal and get hit by a driver who wasn't paying attention it's their fault, but then again you could also have probably been aware that you're crossing a fucking street with fucking cars on it and checked to see if any were coming. Get into a crowd full of drugged up assholes and you're going to get bumped into. I take no issue with punching the person who did it, but you're a jerkoff for thinking you're not partly responsible for taking measures to prevent it from having happened.

Perhaps I should clarify we weren't even INSIDE the tent. We were about 50 feet outside before the clusterfuck of people arrived. We didn't walk into the tent itself.

I also take no issue with being "bumped" into. We got bumped into a lot. What I do take issue with, is someone crashing into my wife, not apologizing and then glaring at her. If you were walking with your girlfriend and encountered the same scenario, regardless of the location, I can imagine you'd react in the same manner if you're the angry hot-head you claim to be.
    fuck.

Oh I'd knock the shit out of them. I wasn't criticizing you for punching the guy. I was just saying if I was walking around some midget with MS, I'd make sure our backs were always against something.