Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heineken Dome > Sahara

Default Heineken Dome > Sahara

At least this year anyways.. Seriously the Sahara has sold out. DeadMau5 and David Guetta? C'mon Coachella.. Stop catering to the trendy dance acts, Thank God for Orbital. Friday Day was killer in the Heineken dome where they had ACTUAL house music, except for Friday night when they did the silent disco and played shitty top 40. The crowd in there seemed much more chill and mature.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Default Re: Heineken Dome > Sahara

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    At least this year anyways.. Seriously the Sahara has sold out. DeadMau5 and David Guetta? C'mon Coachella.. Stop catering to the trendy dance acts, Thank God for Orbital. Friday Day was killer in the Heineken dome where they had ACTUAL house music, except for Friday night when they did the silent disco and played shitty top 40. The crowd in there seemed much more chill and mature.
    SAHARA > you.

The crowd in there seemed much more chill and mature.
    Heineken Dome=over 21
    Sahara Tent=all ages
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

I was in the Sahara for Plastikman and it was one of the most chill crowds I'd been in all weekend.
    "Is being overpaid to play somebody else's music so hard that you can't fucking carry some records?"

Why wasn't there the usual Dome this year?
    It was so epic last year, I was really looking forward to it again, and told all my first-timer friends about its glory.
    '07 '08 '09 '10 !

I fully support your hatred for guetta, but you can't bag the mau5.

Well sorry the Sahara isn't playing house music 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Well sorry the Sahara isn't playing house music 24/7.
    It should be. No, I really would get bored. Seriously though, the Sahara tent line-up was about the same of a typical massive rave. I feel like the Sahara is just catering to what is popular at the moment to sell more tickets.

That really looks like a sick picture of DeadMau5.. but that doesn't mean I like the music.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Brochella 2011 at the Sahara.

I actually saw a chick with a shirt that said "brochella" It made me sad for the future of Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Is anyone actually ever impressed with anyone saying cliche things like "goldenvoice sold out"?

Grow up. You didn't have to see Deadmau5 or Guetta. In fact you had no business being in that tent while PiL was playing. If you skipped those and saw Plastikman and Orbital, you wouldn't be talking such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Is anyone actually ever impressed with anyone saying cliche things like "goldenvoice sold out"?

Grow up. You didn't have to see Deadmau5 or Guetta. In fact you had no business being in that tent while PiL was playing. If you skipped those and saw Plastikman and Orbital, you wouldn't be talking such nonsense.
    I skipped both and saw both. I don't think they "sold out", I think they sold too much waaayyyyyyy too much. It sucks waiting all year for something (not to mention all the money I spent), and not being able to get a spot inside a tent or any wear remotely near to a stage without basically having to fight with someone over your space. I've been going since 1999, and in my opinion this was my worst experience there (not counting the music). I will always go back I just hope they don't decide to sell more next year unless the make the tents bigger.

It should be. No, I really would get bored. Seriously though, the Sahara tent line-up was about the same of a typical massive rave. I feel like the Sahara is just catering to what is popular at the moment to sell more tickets.

That really looks like a sick picture of DeadMau5.. but that doesn't mean I like the music.
    O i know, i think seeing him live musically is alright, but those lights were fucking crazy, i would definitely see him again for those alone.

STFU Greg! DJ Lance Rock was sick! Wolfgang Gartner was tight. Craze & Klever played a lot of hip hop and did turntablists shit. For someone walking around Coachella w/ a bring hip hop back to Coachella shirt or whatever you should be supporting them.

Bassnectar DESTROYED the Sahara, Glitch Mob was pretty tight, and Club 75 was... well they were Club 75. Orbital was siiiiiiiiiccccckkkkkk.

as for the whole Deadmau5 argument, he should just play more dubstep and I'd listen to him.

I wish there would have been more breaks this year which kind of sucked, but at least Deadmau5 & Guetta are better than like.. Paul Van Dyke LOL.

Anyways, heres for high hopes next year!
    Last edited by Dustin da DnB Soulja; 04-21-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpie View Post

I fully support your hatred for guetta, but you can't bag the mau5.
    QFT

Besides his fan-base, there is no logical reason to hate on Deadmau5

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post

as for the whole Deadmau5 argument, he should just play more dubstep and I'd listen to him.
    No. No more dub-step. I was actually blown away by alot of the dub-step played. I always thought I hated dub-step until Coachella this year. Bassnectar was one of the best acts I saw. That being said, there is still wayyyy too much dub-step being played at Coachella.....

How bout some fucking Drum n Bass?
    Last edited by juloxx; 04-21-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

how about his shitty music?

the Sahara was pretty much 21+ for Orbital and 2ManyDJ's.... the best electronic acts at Coachella this year
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    how about his shitty music?
    I think his albums are phenomenal...is his live show so much different? I didn't catch him.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I caught Donald Glaud in the dome, the ceiling was pretty fuckin sick.

I'm calling the whambulance.

i see classixx in that dome on friday and they were totally sweet. i wish they advertised who was playing there better cuz there weren't very many people there

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    i see classixx in that dome on friday and they were totally sweet. i wish they advertised who was playing there better cuz there weren't very many people there
    I liked that there was room to dance.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

STFU Greg! DJ Lance Rock was sick! Wolfgang Gartner was tight. Craze & Klever played a lot of hip hop and did turntablists shit. For someone walking around Coachella w/ a bring hip hop back to Coachella shirt or whatever you should be supporting them.

Bassnectar DESTROYED the Sahara, Glitch Mob was pretty tight, and Club 75 was... well they were Club 75. Orbital was siiiiiiiiiccccckkkkkk.

I wish there would have been more breaks this year which kind of sucked, but at least Deadmau5 & Guetta are better than like.. Paul Van Dyke LOL.

STFU Dustin. This is coming from a total newb. Fool you know I was there for Craze and Klever and I didn't hear any hip hop. I wish I would have stayed because I heard they eventually did some turntablism, but I seriously couldn't stand their cliche party set. Why should I be happy that it is better than "Paul Van Dyke"?? Glitch Mob plays all the time anyways.. Club 75 was horrible, and sounded horrible in the back. The treble was too much to bare.

Orbital was sick.. of course. Lance Rock was dope too.. So basically the Sahara was good the VERY beginning of Friday and the end of Sunday Night.. Not too much to fill in between.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think his albums are phenomenal...is his live show so much different? I didn't catch him.
    I'll I've ever heard about his last tour was that it was mediocre at best, and when I saw him in October, mediocre would have been an excessive compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    the Sahara was pretty much 21+ for Orbital and 2ManyDJ's.... the best electronic acts at Coachella this year
    This x 1,000

And while I felt most of Saturday in the Sahara (outside of 2manydjs) was about as appealing as a shit sandwich, that does not for a second undermine the epicness that was both Friday and Sunday. Two out of three ain't bad.
    05-12.2

STFU Dustin. This is coming from a total newb. Fool you know I was there for Craze and Klever and I didn't hear any hip hop. I wish I would have stayed because I heard they eventually did some turntablism, but I seriously couldn't stand their cliche party set. Why should I be happy that it is better than "Paul Van Dyke"?? Glitch Mob plays all the time anyways.. Club 75 was horrible, and sounded horrible in the back. The treble was too much to bare.

Orbital was sick.. of course. Lance Rock was dope too.. So basically the Sahara was good the VERY beginning of Friday and the end of Sunday Night.. Not too much to fill in between.
    Lol I was smart enough not to be there for the beginning of Craze & Klever's set and I showed up right as they started to do tandem scratching and they were doing nothing but turntablist/hip hop, you fucked up greg!

Glitch Mob does play a lot right now cause of the new cd, but this wasn't even a normal set it they just played their brand new cd live and they played the custom visuals they made to it, for such a lighting enthusiast you should have known this Greg. Club 75 was terrible but that's how the French like it, they love that HIGH pitch fucking noise.

You should be happy it's better than Paul Van Dyke cause if you don't really feel greatful for that then they're going to pull an Insomniac and just start booking cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    QFT

No. No more dub-step. I was actually blown away by alot of the dub-step played. I always thought I hated dub-step until Coachella this year. Bassnectar was one of the best acts I saw. That being said, there is still wayyyy too much dub-step being played at Coachella.....

How bout some fucking Drum n Bass?
    BASSNECTAR WAS SIIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKK

Dubstep can be BORING as hell and it typically is except for a few DJs out there such as Bassnectar haha.

I've been waiting to do this since I was 12... *drops seek and destroy remix* ahhh good times.

I wish they would bring more drum and bass and breaks. Booty breaks in the Sahara is what i'd be about haha, Stanton Warriors, Deekline, Ed Solo, Wizard, DJ Icey, Krafty Kuts, lol helll bring back Plump DJ's again next year. I'd just like to see at least one good breaks act, OR what about Hyper live! That would be siiiiicccckkkkkk
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I never stepped foot in the sahara this year, which is kinda odd. Spent most of my time next door in the mohave.

old school

did anybody catch Bunny in the dome last year? it was saturday night 6pm, i was off watching Bassnectar destroy the sahara, but would have been in the beer garden dome otherwise..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    did anybody catch Bunny in the dome last year? it was saturday night 6pm, i was off watching Bassnectar destroy the sahara, but would have been in the beer garden dome otherwise..
    Bassnectar was sooooo sick.
    COACHELLA 2014

this made me lol. i think dustin jinxed 2011 with this post and that is why PVD made the lineup this year.

and bassnectar was fucking awesome.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015