Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What boardies did you meet/see?

Default Re: What boardies did you meet/see?

I didn't meet a single fucking person that I knew of from here. I did recognize a few in passing, though: Feather, Caco, and a few others I can't remember. Well, I did meet wulfmoonz for a sec
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

you didnt seem pleased when i introduced myself
    I was kidding about not liking one person. I liked all the people I met. I realized that I hadn't just been excruciatingly friendly and sort of mumbled "hold on" and went into the tent to set down the things I was holding so I could offer a handshake and a real introduction, but you had already walked away. Then I overthought it and felt bad. It was really completely unintentional. I am not so socially adept sometimes.

I saw Randy and Ivy pass right in front of me on Friday, skipping ahead to the beer garden maybe... I was gonna stop you guys, but didn't wanna bother you. Oh well...another year goes by where I see Ivy, but yet have never ever properly met or talked to her in person yet.

I thought I recognized some people but I was scared to say anything.

I met lots and lots of board members. I don't think I really ever introduced myself as a board member unless it was specifically asked.. I remember someone asking me if we were cool bc i had called her a cunt on here multiple times (hehehe sorrrry!).

Also.. the chick i met with chia who had just moved from New Jersey was super fucking awesome.. i dont remember your board name, but you were fun. Also Bmack randomly appeared next to me during Gorillaz while I was sorting out an extremely fucked up Norwegian. Good times. 8^)

oh and stinkbutt was hilarious. Dude has some wild tattoos.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I saw you at Sunny Day Real Estate, Forza.

You looked sloppy drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    Also.. the chick i met with chia who had just moved from New Jersey was super fucking awesome.. i dont remember your board name, but you were fun.
    That's Karen (karecares)

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I saw Randy and Ivy pass right in front of me on Friday, skipping ahead to the beer garden maybe... I was gonna stop you guys, but didn't wanna bother you. Oh well...another year goes by where I see Ivy, but yet have never ever properly met or talked to her in person yet.
    awww, we were skipping on friday and that's when we ran into caco i'm sorry we didn't run into you too!!! we're like ships passing in the night!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    I was seriously about six feet (to the left-- the photographer's left) away from you guys when this picture was taken. I vaguely remember two girls posing for a picture, too, but I have no idea if it was you, because people are always posing for pictures at Coachella anyhow.
    HEALTH for 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I liked all but one of them. Have fun speculating, kiddos.
    Wasnt me, I got a hug...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I saw you at Sunny Day Real Estate, Forza.

You looked sloppy drunk.
    Glad I didn't see you. I was 100% sober. Thanks for the comment though lil tommy boy.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Wasnt me, I got a hug...
    I also hugged Randy. You two have now hugged each other by proxy. It will never wash off.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    That's Karen (karecares)
    Karen was fucking awesome! Is she on facebook? I'll never forget our Sunday morning bloody mary's.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Karen was fucking awesome! Is she on facebook? I'll never forget our Sunday morning bloody mary's.
    right?! Tons of energy. Im a bit bummed i missed out on this bloody mary action, though.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Karen is a pretty awesome lady. She was my chill-in-the-shade buddy at Sasquatch for a couple of hours last year. Good talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    right?! Tons of energy. Im a bit bummed i missed out on this bloody mary action, though.
    Not to worry. Heidi and I have already agreed that this must be a yearly tradition.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I was kidding about not liking one person. I liked all the people I met. I realized that I hadn't just been excruciatingly friendly and sort of mumbled "hold on" and went into the tent to set down the things I was holding so I could offer a handshake and a real introduction, but you had already walked away. Then I overthought it and felt bad. It was really completely unintentional. I am not so socially adept sometimes.
    Ha its ok Hannah! Although i would be lying if i thought to myself "oh man she totally hates me!". You and I arent exactly super friendly to each online so I sort of assumed that went into real life. Silly me of course.

hopefully you guys will camp near us again in 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Suggestion for a first meetup next year, Thursday night in the campgrounds, perhaps at midnight. Bring a 6 pack to the inflatable movie screen at the end opposite of the clubhouse. It became fairly apparent to me that I wasn't the only shy one at the group photo, even some long time board members seemed to have that wallflower "should I or shouldn't I introduce myself" thing going on. The Sahara noise didn't exactly make conversation easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Yes, Karen's on facebook. You should be able to find her pretty easily in the friends list of Tommy, Mark, Jason or me.

And yes, there will be bloody marys again next year. And less fancy ones at Sasquatch.

I think that's a good idea. A meetup in the campgrounds would probably be easier and more relaxed that trying to hit up a spot inside where things tend to get hectic. I missed all possible meetups this year, as I got stuck vending during those times. I may have sold food to some of you and not known it, tho
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

i met sooooo many of you guys this weekend, i can't even start to name you all off. this was a great year for meetups.

i know i met ALL of PAW (both groups) and CAA (cause i was in that group). then i met all of you that showed up for the picture on saturday at 2pm by the sahara. i met pretty much everyone from the Phoenix collective (sans micah ). so yeah, way too many people to list.

it was a great year though! i'm glad i got to meet some of the veterans i hadn't met yet as well as some of you newbs. regardless of what set i was at, there were always at least 5 boardies or so hangin out and having a good time.

i miss everyone so much already! see you all next year! (and some of you sooner than that at sasquatch and the upcoming Massive Attack shows in LA)
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

It's too bad that Camp All Alone wasn't up closer to the entrance. We had our little group, and both PAW splinter groups all very close together. It seems like we all made the rounds of each other's groups and I know I didn't venture out much to find some of the other boardies.

And yeah, I was kind of shy at the photo meetup, but I met tons of people in the campground.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's too bad that Camp All Alone wasn't up closer to the entrance. We had our little group, and both PAW splinter groups all very close together. It seems like we all made the rounds of each other's groups and I know I didn't venture out much to find some of the other boardies.

And yeah, I was kind of shy at the photo meetup, but I met tons of people in the campground.
    yeah, where was your group? i was at both PAW sites a few times this weekend. they pointed me toward your group, but i couldn't find you.

we were really close too. we were literally one row over and about 10 spaces down from PAW.
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

We were not too far from PAW - maybe 20-30 yards away along a common fire lane? I spent a lot of time at PAW and didn't even realize that more boardies were camped nearby!

Edited: my judge of distance sucks.

yeah, we weren't far at all. 2 min walk and yeah, shared a common fire lane.

we were the ones with the jellyfish thing flyin high above the canopies....if you saw that...
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows

I'm stealing one of Erin's pictures

Wow, plastic beach was looking a bit worse for the wear by then

Gaaaaa! Someone had told me you all were in the opposite corner. We were in the same firelane that had VIPAW on one side and "Dirty Epic" on the other... literally less than 10 cars away from the VIPAW community tent. There were just a few of us, but we had a table and shade out between 2 of the cars so a lot of people found us when they were walking around.

EDIT- We were directly across from the Escalade party, with the wizard and the LED guy dancing on the roof all night on Saturday.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 04-21-2010 at 01:34 PM.

lol.. i stopped by the Plastic Beach one night and said hello to everyone. I met the funnnnniest drunk lady ever who just wanted to fucking dance. You guys were fun.

and that jellyfish was hilarious..i was a bit off center trying to figure what the hell it was for awhile before someone finally helped me by pointing out the umbrella handle
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I can't believe how close everyone was. I totally remember the purple wizard dancing on the car. LOL escalade party - that's exactly what it was!

Previously had met Feather, DJAndrew and Brandon, great seeing you guys again!

First time i met Tommy, Becca, Greg (I might've met him briefly at Royksopp??) and BMack. All great people.

Was hoping to meet Salah for a hug (where is it BITCH!?!). Also looked for Rage to let him know I didn't rock the shirt cuz i hate sleeves at Coachella and I didn't wanna ruin such a cute shirt, lol. I know there were probably a ton of boardies near me at the gossip (I was a few feet behind Feather and Andrew, almost at the soundboard) but everyone was dancing and i didn't wanna be all "uuurrrrr, hi my name is Jorge...". I vow to meet more of you next year, hopefully sooner than that since it's shaping up to be a great summer for shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House