Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What boardies did you meet/see?

Default Re: What boardies did you meet/see?

Were you in the Tack Bar? There's some good snacks in there, but I've never been there during the festival.

"Every time I mention horse herpes, this guy is here. You're like the fucking horse herpes"
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I watched Gary Clark Jr. about eight feet to the left of you, stinkbutt. You showed up about half way through. I was too elevated, rocking out too hard, and didn't want to be that guy that tried start bullshitting mid-set.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

He reminded me of a tv character
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    If I saw you I was going to say hi, but I never came across a 6"4" blond. Hopefully next year.
    Awww, I really wanted to meet you, Lynn! I hope we run into each other next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Oh I just remembered I saw Guedita and Frazzle just to the left of me during Wild Flag, I wanted to say hi but I felt like a creeper so I just enjoyed the great show, I think this happened with other boardies at least three of four times.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

I saw Guedita Frazzles and Gribbz weekend 1. I think that might be all. We didn't really hang, but I saw them in passing.

Weekend 2 Natelevmofuggaz kicked it a bit and saw some do-lab set and Modeselektor together.

I'll try to meet up with more people next year I am just always so fucking tired when the night ends... During the fest bad phone service and an extended crew of ~30 makes it hard.

ods I feel like I must have seen or met you ten times by now either at Coachella or at some SD venue seeing that there are about six consistent ones to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    ods I feel like I must have seen or met you ten times by now either at Coachella or at some SD venue seeing that there are about six consistent ones to choose from.
    I am hoping to run into you guys sometime in SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

took me far too long to get this list together and posted...

new boardies

courtney: saw her at her birthday dinner, a couple times on the polo grounds, in the parking lot of the villas we stayed at, and had post-coachella brunch meal with her on monday.

greghead: met him at the lockers after friday night, he and courtney were sharing a villa, and he told me the westin had heated pools after the fact. cocksucker.

randy: i saw him last year, but didn't introduce myself. had a nice little chat by the lobster with him and courtney. we sat quietly while randy rambled. it was lovely.

rskapcat/and hubby: went over to their house after courtney's birthday dinner. learned she doesn't like children. i want to buy her a teddy ruxpin that plays "a triple six turtle christmas"

captain/somewhat damaged: met them at becca's house. nice white people, but i was afraid to make a wrong move. she could totally take me in the octagon. saw them at a couple of sets. pretty sure i saw them in the do lab, also.

mountmccabe/fiancee: met at the house party. not too much interaction between us. saw at a couple of sets.

pixiessp: also at the house party. after looking over my list from last year, i apparently had met her then. guessing it was at pj harvey.

playadelwes/wifey: met them while checking into the westin. had a drink with them and buddy, then ran off to dinner.

buddy: we split the villa that i bought off of playa. he got the couch. soft spoken guy. very nice, even though he's a red sox fan.

sonofhal: was at the dinner. saw him a couple of times on the polo grounds. still owes me a whitney houston cover. but he's british, so gets some slack.

nathanfairchild: i am certain he was stalking me over the weekend. everywhere i turned it seemed he was there. and everytime i saw him, i had a nearly uncontrollable urge to go to walmart, buy a hairbrush and attack him with it. that briar-patch on your head was driving me insane.

redhotsgtpeppers: met him at mazzy star. stayed for explosions in the sky on his recommendation. saw him a few more times over the course of coachella. quite possibly the most adorable boardie i've met.

gribbz: met him at real estate, i think. he was trying to make the air around him flammable from the flask he was drinking from with greghead and cara. unfortunately he had a shirt on, so i couldn't see his shag carpet of a chest.

gunz/hubby/hubby's friend: met her by the merch tent friday night.

menik: ran into him briefly. introduced myself, shook his hand, and took off. sorry i didn't stay longer to chat. looking back my demeanor seemed to be a bit rude. i apologize.

koryp/wifey: met him inbetween sets. shorter than what i had imagined.

neighborhoodcreep/stinkbutt: previously met them last year at roo/nashville. official polo grounds meet this year.

paulb: met him in the main food court after dre/snoop. had a nice little chat. his feet were killing him. he ran off to meet up with his wife.

hairygoomba: met her inbetween sets. nice lady.

mja: he was on the ground talking to frazz, courtney, captain, somewhat damaged when i first saw him, but i didn't know who he was. truly met him as i was walking away from amon tobin. courtney pulled me over to introduce us. saw him a couple of times over the weekend. with his glasses on, all i could think of was:
    revengenerds.jpg

boardies i saw, but didn't meet

frozenpilgrim
    alchemy
    goatchella: i know we met at roo/nashville last year, but we didn't meet up this year at coachella.

and to all the boardies i met last year and saw again this year: glad you got to see me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

feather poked me at noisia, i was a little out of it and it took me a minute to realize who she was.

i saw frazzles (i think) at seun kuti. we've never been formally introduced but he was part of the high contrast t-shirt brigade last year. felt like a weirdo to just suddenly come up on him.

other than that i never meet any of you fools because i'm too shy/insecure/a moron. every year i mean to make more of an effort to make it to the group photo but i flake out.

oh well. 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Wait, it was Courtney's birthday dinner? I am now even more disappointed I didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    For all the ones I never ran into WTF (im looking at you tessa.. erik.. just steve..hello?)
    gotta blame noel gallagher, was watching him when you guys rolled through the rv lot on the hasselhoff/kitt parade...still so bummed i missed that sight, especially with fold riding shotgun. we were probably less than 10 feet apart at kasabian weekend 1, too. sorry!

Dani gave me a hug.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by caeden View Post
    took me far too long to get this list together and posted...

new boardies
    gribbz: met him at real estate, i think. he was trying to make the air around him flammable from the flask he was drinking from with greghead and cara. unfortunately he had a shirt on, so i couldn't see his shag carpet of a chest.
    lul.
    Yes, that was during Real Estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

constantly running into boardies.... camping w/ boardies. But this year their overall passion for the festival made a big positive impact on my overall experience -

W/ Daft right before Godspeed -

W/ Ivankay outside the Gobi -

SD -

The whole mess of us (DE <3) -

met MJA this year.... he wouldnt let me take a photo w/ him.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Wait, it was Courtney's birthday dinner? I am now even more disappointed I didn't make it.
    Well, we told the waiter it was. He brought out a cake and the restaurant sang Happy Birthday. Courtney wasn't at all embarrassed and was really touched.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Well, we told the waiter it was. He brought out a cake and the restaurant sang Happy Birthday. Courtney wasn't at all embarrassed and was really touched.
    i see

Quote Originally Posted by caeden View Post
    buddy: we split the villa that i bought off of playa. he got the couch. soft spoken guy. very nice, even though he's a red sox fan.
    and, the reason i'm soft spoken is because i have to preserve my voice for the screamo band i'm in, on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    1) You mean "disgusting face."

2) It was NOT in front of my disgusting face. I would have been blissfully unaware. You just told me about it. Several times.
    NO OK I was 'not all there' and for some reason people led me to believe MJA was some kind of super bro raver beefcake. not the case. thank god. total kitty kat
    Last edited by alisonnn; 05-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

I guess it's time to bump this thread!

I saw lots of boardies this year!
    Got to drink and hang out with ThatGirl, nathanfairchild, and FrizzleFry all weekend
    OriginalBob
    Miroir Noir
    capncrazy
    SomewhatDamaged
    sbessio
    GuyInTuscon
    tessalasett
    sonofhal
    Locachica
    getbetter
    Cutterbutter
    Msparks
    faxman75
    Scenicworld
    Enluv12
    Jclemy
    guedita
    caeden
    Drewski
    TallGuyCM
    Ivankay,
    RagePatton
    amyzzz (well, I SAW her. Didn't talk to her)
    Menikmati
    Downingthief
    theklein25 (yaaay)
    nathanfairchild
    nosurprises
    FEELS
    citizenerased
    Nyarlathotoats
    TomAZ, and a couple more I can't remember.
    Last edited by RedHotSgtPeppers; 04-16-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Logan it was great to meet you! same with all the rest of you fucks. you're all so wonderful in the most awkward way possible. I felt right at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    nathanfairchild
    you can't count him. he's your fucking cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

This weekend I met a few of ya:

Drewski, TheKlein (loved that you wore a Blink shirt), RedHot, ThatGirl, CapnCrazy for a brief sec at the meet-up. TomAZ too (which was kinda awkward somehow aha). I saw Amy but one of her kids was leeched onto her leg looking really sad so idk it was just wasn't gonna work.

It was nice meeting/hanging with you Chris (TallGuy), and Josh (Rage)!!

Talked to nosurprises for a bit, rad.

And watched Dead Can Dance with Erik (Menik)!

Holla if you're going weekend two?

Find me in the Yuma all weekend long. I will be the tallest person in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

I met a couple nice folks.... But for various... reasons... I don't remember a ton about meeting them.

I pretty much had to run after the picture and I was pretty drunk, but I got to meet Feather(and direct her to the new location), nosurprises, and nathanfairchild this year. And a few more whose names I'm forgetting.

thesklein wearing blink is something to fucking talk about. Way to stay true !

I missed so many of you.

it was nice to meet you, Logan and ThatGirl! I wish we were able to hang out with you two a bit more during Roni Size and Eric Prydz but I think the sandstorm made it tough.

I didn't get to go to the board photo because I was all the way out in lot 4 and I didn't get there in time, but I should be there for the weekend 2 meetup

I also met msparks and Jen briefly after OMD. it was kind of funny that the OMD meetup was just going to be a couple people and turned out to be a bit bigger. if I wasn't so shy I would have introduced myself to more of you. I don't remember all of who was there, but I remember sonofhal, downingtheif and somewhatdamaged being pointed out. if you were wondering who the 2 girls looking awkward were, it was me and Enluv12

I met NachoCat thursday night and we were just down the street from each other. we walked around the grounds together thursday night and explored.

I also finally met Robin after we camped across the street from each other and didn't know it until last year was over. we turned out to be neighbors again and our groups really intermingled with each other.

Faxman joined our camping group at very the last minute when I realized we were in line at the same time.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 04-16-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    I guess it's time to bump this thread!

I saw lots of boardies this year!
    Got to drink and hang out with ThatGirl, nathanfairchild, and FrizzleFry all weekend
    OriginalBob
    Miroir Noir
    capncrazy
    SomewhatDamaged
    sbessio
    GuyInTuscon
    tessalasett
    sonofhal
    Locachica
    getbetter
    Cutterbutter
    Msparks
    faxman75
    Scenicworld
    Enluv12
    Jclemy
    guedita
    caeden
    Drewski
    TallGuyCM
    Ivankay,
    RagePatton
    amyzzz (well, I SAW her. Didn't talk to her)
    Menikmati
    Downingthief
    theklein25 (yaaay)
    nathanfairchild
    nosurprises
    TomAZ, and a couple more I can't remember.
    This was pretty much my list too - plus at the Fab 40 meetup (Lynn163), and I didn't meet Sbessio. There were so many at the photo meetup it was hard to keep everyone straight. Also met Nyarlathotoats and xuclarockerx. Oh and Stuporfly, finally met him Sunday!
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 04-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I saw you, Thatgirl. I was in the beer garden after the pic and saw a lot of you, but I couldn't jump the fence. I should have thrown things. Who's the guy with the straw hat and goggles?