Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What boardies did you meet/see?

Default Re: What boardies did you meet/see?

I was thinking about starting this thread except just calling it "Thank Yous and Fuck Yous" but everyone seems to be in such a good mood so I'll wait til next week for griping on boardies
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I saw some dude who was wearing a Godspeed You! Black Emperor shirt, and I know he posts on this board
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

That'd be Erik [Menik].

Oh yeah, I should post a list, huh? I'll edit this later with one.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

PassiveTheory-In the Food area (friday)

menikmati-In the Food area (Saturday)

Grossmagic-met up with him at his campsite and LCD soundsystem

minogueCOMMAk-Fever Ray

Monklish- Proxy

Ivy(sorry i forgot your name on the boards)-Proxy

I saw suprefan walking around too
    I think that's it

I saw msparks after coachella was over for the night in the campgrounds but i was tired and need sleep that night.
    Last edited by getbetter; 04-20-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    I was sitting next to Mattpatch and my friend Nick, I was right behind moomoo when he went down, that's when I sort of recognized you. We moseyed on over just before it started.
    Yikes, sorry you had witness that.

Boardies that I met for the first time:

minoguecommak
    onlynonstranger
    passive theory
    stink butt
    hannahrain
    miscorrections
    betao
    brokendoll
    rage patton
    sublime
    fancy restaurant
    indietron
    dale gribble
    rskap
    guedita and boyfriend
    sbessio
    weeklymix
    sonofhal
    alex gardner
    caco
    msparks
    gonshman
    jclemy
    bmack
    frozen pilgrim
    myelectrolife
    randomhero

I know there is more than that. You people are awesome though, thanks for obsessing about Coachella with me.
    Last edited by moomoo; 05-03-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Oh man, I talked to SO many boardies, or at least said hi. I'll probably mess your names up...

In the campgrounds...Mt McCabe (but I drove in with him), Hannahrain, Miscorrections, Menik, TheClares, Lickity Spit, TallGuyCM, Caco, Eskimo, OnlyNonStranger, Boourns (except I didn't know it was you until you left), Alex Gardner, PC2Violence, MooMoo, Salah, Feather, Forzaorwhateverthehellhisnameisnow, Mr Nipples, MrDylanja, Mattpach, Locachica, Allyjoy, Boarderwoozel, Shakermaker, Headstruck, Kylie. There was also someone who introduced himself as "(something) Underscore (something)"...sorry, I couldn't really hear what you said.

On the field...many of the above plus Algunz, Rspakat, Amyzzz, TomAZ, Alligator Boogaloo, ChairmanMeow, Monklish, Ivankay, DaleGribble, Frozen Pilgrim.

At the group picture...PixieSP, BD & Suff, Drinkey, RagePatton, Chiapet, Litro & HowToDisappear, Lizng (actually, she found me on the field and asked where the picture was.), Passive & Bmack (though I spotted them both at Sleighbells first). Obviously, I SAW a lot more of you there, but I didn't stay and chat much.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few...

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    I was sitting with the same group as you for Fever Ray. But, I don't think we actually spoke.
    Hmmmm...I was in this group too.

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    Oh, I sat with Heidi and Corinna before the Fever Ray set. I came in with boarderwoozel.
    I don't remember seeing Heidi there.

EDIT- Oh, and I got up at 3:30am to take a piss and saw someone in a Spiderman mask near VIPAW sitting in a chair. Could it have been MJA?

AND, I saw Guedita...at least I thought it was her...coming out of John Waters. I called her name , and then stepped outside the tent when she got out and called again, but no answer. So if that was you, you missed your chance for a sweet sweet free frozen lemonade.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 04-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    O
    EDIT- Oh, and I got up at 3:30am to take a piss and saw someone in a Spiderman mask near VIPAW sitting in a chair. Could it have been MJA?
    It was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Who were you with? I was sitting next to Hannah, Corinna, and John.

Oh, I met Suprefan as well.
    You met me too. but I couldn't hear shit and had no idea who i was talking to until later.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I have to give a shout out to Bev...Broken Doll...This year I didn't stay at my normal mom 'n pops strip motel...we got a condo at PGA West and brought our bikes to ride in each day...Thursday, I rode in to scope out the grounds and miraculously found myself in the campgrounds. I was in ahhh in how I managed to unexpectedly get in on my bike and bev was the first boardie I saw...I met suff we chatted for a few and they pointed my the direction I needed to be in to reunite with some of my Cacoa...or how ever you spell his name...he was hospitable and sent me further into the direction I needed to be...reuniting with feather after ********* was a much needed moment I think for both of us...I met a few of you I hadn't met before and some that I haven't seen since *********...Localiciousss...sorry we didn't hang out on the fields but it was nice to finally meet you chill'n at the campground...Leo, it was a pleasure!!! Ryan, when are we ever gonna met??? I missed running into my friend henry mr FatBastard...and Pixie...forces will bring us together one day or another!!! Heidi thanks for the spray down...Salahhh, why didn't we smoke a bowl??? Greg glad we got a brief chance to meet...Forest you don't look anything near 40...everyone else, I'm sorry we didn't have an opportunity to meet in passing but am looking forward to future opts!!! xoxoxoxooo

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I found myself in line behind Dave Wang to get in on Friday

Oh and I met Guedita by the bathrooms and think I saw BD

I missed all of the meetups. Vendor setup were a nightmare this year (power, water, change, trash pickup were all flakey), so I got stuck having to spend most of my time trying to get things caught up in the booth I may have seen some of you and not known it, it anyone came by vendor row in campground 8, tho.

I can't even begin to name everyone I met. I would leave someone out for sure and that would suck.

To those of you who saw me walking around and stopped me and introduced yourself: thank you, that was really great.

To those of you who saw me at a set or in the beer garden and waved me over to join your group: many thanks, that was awesome.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-20-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Oh and emtgreg (sans Twix) and a very nice gentleman whose name escapes me

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

It's not Greg?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Saw PT and BD and Becca pre group photo but left to see porcupine tree. Saw the small group finally setting up for the photo, but couldn't run over in time to get in it.

Maybe next year.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    Yikes, sorry you had witness that.
    Hey, it's fine. I almost did too.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Wheels Of Cheese

Hmmmm...I was in this group too.
    Yeah, I didn't realize it until I saw you again at the photo shoot. Oh well. I feel bad, because I did that to a couple boardies (I was also kind of keeping a low profile and hiding my real identity on Friday, don't ask me why...)
    Last edited by Still-ill; 04-20-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

My intentions were good, but I failed miserably at meeting a single boardie this year...

I did see RagePatton and Pancakes several times

but I couldn't bring myself to chase them down to say hi...next year
    '99-'11...

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Still, you looked at me like I was crazy when I said hi at Fever Ray. I was perplexed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    He was actually wearing a Jesus costume with an energy dome. I was right next to him
    thats cool. i knew there was other boardies around, didnt recognize them though.
    Last edited by Cdubby; 04-20-2010 at 10:05 AM.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I had a lot of awesome random meetups this year, saturday being the best of them (even though a lot of these are people I already have met, it was awesome just running into people unexpectedly amongst all of the thousands of people). Forgive me if I forgot meeting you, or I mess up you board name, I'm not great about remembering initial and numbers are the end of names

During Craze & Klever I was wandering around the Sahara and bumped into DONALDJ as he looked to be frantically searching for someone. Not 5 minutes later I ran into UNKNOWN, chatted a bit, and then we spotted DEVIN, who was wandering around already munching on some goodies. The three of us retired to the super packed beer garden for a drink, where we ran into TALLGUYCM and MUSERADIO. After another beer, I spotted PAULB and jenny, who happened to be chilling with STINKBUTT, whom I had another couple of beers with. Awesome.

Other encounters:
    TALLGUYCM, HAWKINGS(brandon) @Sleigh bells
    HAWKINGS, MOUNTMCCABE @ Baroness
    PIXIE (joann), BECCA, BLACKSWAN, KYLIE, TOMMY @Yeasayer (randomly stood with Joann and said hi to Becca at Grizzly Bear as well)
    HAWKINGS, SUPREFAN, CACO (ronnie), DAVE WANG @fever ray
    DALEGRIBBLE, MOOMOO @ portpotties before Fever Ray
    GUEDITA @ Z-trip
    CAPTCRAZY, SHANX, UNKNOWN, DAFTFRO, EMTGREG and probably a bunch of others @Orbital
    HOWTODISAPPEAR & 1LITRO found me eating garlic fries while I was sitting against a fence
    And at the photo I met up with a bunch of others but amongst them the ones I met for the first time were PASSIVE, MSPARKS, BROKENDOLL, SUFFACATED, JIMMYCRACKCORN

I am sure I ran into a bunch more randomly and sorry if I am forgetting you. I really enjoyed being able to Watch sets with people this year, and it's so awesome having friendly faces to bump into within the giant crowds.

WOOOOOOOOOO
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Shit, I forgot SchoolOfRuckus in the campground Sunday night, he even gave me a copy of his movie, which I plan on watching before the week is out.

Sunday night in the campground was just fantastic all around...we just chilled there all night and so many people came in and out of our little home. TallGuy was just KILLING me , hurling mostly deserved abuse at passerbys . Eskimo came "bearing moustaches". Jake Gyllenhaal dropped by. Hannah worked out her stand up routine, and otherwise proved herself to be as delightful as I expected. TheClares encouraged people to empty their beer cooler, and Miscorrections and Lickity Spit out-drank me by a wide margin in response. Menik cracked a smile a few times. Board feuds were resolved, dares were performed, and morning light was observed. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    I found myself in line behind Dave Wang to get in on Friday

HA! I was standing right behind you guys in line, I probably would have said hi had I known..

I didn't meet very many boardies new to me. Tallguy, emtgreg, mattpatch, neutralmilkhotel, chia, donaldj, and maybe a couple more. I did recognize people in passing due to the meetups n such, but didn't introduce myself too much, sorry : /

old school

Saw menik & company @ sleigh bells. Wanted to thank him for the cooking thread but the crowd was a lil thick. Not to mention I'm shy around celebrities.

i saw the guy who made that sweet video for his 21st at coachella last year on thursday night at the bass thing! drunkenly asked him to video tape me for this year's...

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

Ok so I'll just post this in this thread, and not clutter the board.

First and foremost, thank you Geno, Jason (who isn't on the board), and Mr. Nips. You guys made Sunday one of the most fun and memorable nights of any Coachella I've ever been to. Glostaches, Bongzilla and TP toss 2011 are going to be beyond fucking awesome.

Thanks Ally for being our legal advisor for the weekend and cataloging all the dumb but hilarious quotes from the weekend. Thanks for the menthols too.

Salah and Sunni it was really awesome to hang out with you this weekend too.

Heidi, Lillia, and Bobby made an awesomely delicious bloody mary which really saved my way too hungover ass Friday (?) morning.

Thanks Mattpatch for letting me keep my beer in your cooler.

Thanks to Josh and Karina for letting me ride down with yall from SF it was a blast. The rest of the FNM group in SF was awesome too, there is just too many to name.

Edward, Blinken, Geno and anyone else who hooked up a beer or two, thanks a ton. I owe you all a couple and will for sure bring a ton next year to share/repay.

Thanks to both groups for letting me chill with you guys all weekend, and putting up with me.

Boourns that was an awesome breakfast Saturday morning thanks for sharing.

Paul and Jenny it was so nice talking to you both Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the beer and getting me far too drunk. Also thanks to the older ladies who continued to get me too drunk Saturday night.

Ronnie, you will have to tell Terry thanks for letting me use her car phone charger.

I met a ton more and it was great hanging out with all of you. These are just all the folks I needed to thank for an amazing weekend.

hannah, miscorrections, Tom, Randy, Ivy, Drinkey, Zack, Tommy, M Sparks, Audra, Menik, Passive, Sin, faxman, everyone from both camping groups, and everyone I'm forgetting, it was awesome meeting you and thanks for a great weekend.

/ghey speach
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 04-20-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    hannah, miscorrections, Tom, Randy, Ivy, Drinkey, Zack, Tommy, M Sparks, Audra, Menik, Passive, Sin, faxman, everyone from both camping groups, and everyone I'm forgetting, it was awesome meeting you and thanks for a great weekend.
    Shit, did you come over Sunday too? Or did I come to you Thurs/Fri? Sorry...I don't remember.

I met / saw too many of you to list. I feel like I'd leave one person out and look like an asshole, like Gribble up there.

Shit, did you come over Sunday too? Or did I come to you Thurs/Fri? Sorry...I don't remember.
    We met a couple of times but didn't talk too much. Not sure exactly when either