View Poll Results: Prediction for crowd during RAGE?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • I predict a riot

101 36.59%
  • Normal crazy mosh pit

95 34.42%
  • I don't care I'll be in the Sahara tent

41 14.86%
  • It'll be on the news!

84 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prediction for RAGE?

Default Re: Prediction for RAGE?

like really really crazy I bet!
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Question Prediction for RAGE?

Just wondering how crazy it will get near the main stage on Sunday night. (How far away should I stay?)

I saw them at the Tibeten freedom comcert in, i think, 96? I waited with my girlfriend all day in front to see it up close. Lets just say, we did'nt make it through the first half of "Bombtrack" without being thrown to the back. The energy level was so nuts! And,there were not as nearly as many people that were there as there will be at Coachella, so if you can't handle the heat, stay away from the front! It's gonna be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    Just wondering how crazy it will get near the main stage on Sunday night. (How far away should I stay?)

Far.... Bring some pepper spray just in case.

im going to cover myself in feces before the set...nobodys gonna fuck with you if you got shit all over you...

Banned

ive seen them 2 times and their shows are insane. its a mosh pit times 20! im gonna find a spot with people who just want to rock out. but there will be major mosh pits!! just be aware. if u go up front, u will get tossed. especially when they hit those first riffs on the first song. ther is gonna be insanity. hopefully security is on thier game cuz we dont ned anyone seriuously hurt or godforbid die u know....

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    ive seen them 2 times and their shows are insane. its a mosh pit times 20! im gonna find a spot with people who just want to rock out. but there will be major mosh pits!! just be aware. if u go up front, u will get tossed. especially when they hit those first riffs on the first song. ther is gonna be insanity. hopefully security is on thier game cuz we dont ned anyone seriuously hurt or godforbid die u know....
    Security can only do so much, it's up to the fans/crowd to differentiate between "rocking out" and inciting a riot.

i cannot compare last year with this year, but they were expecting something like really bad because TOOL was playing; I was up front and there were people that couldn't stand the heat (i remember this guy that took his girlfriend as an excuse ... she wanted to stay! it was him that couldn't handle it), but nothing really out of the ordinary; so i'm guessing it'll be the same with rage against the machine ... and oh yes! i'll be up front!

Banned

Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

E

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    im going to cover myself in feces before the set...nobodys gonna fuck with you if you got shit all over you...
    ahahhaa

Im guessing like any show you go to with a lot of energy, you dont want to be too close to the stage, unless you are by yourself and meet up with your people later. Im not goin to be too close i just want to be able to see them and for that hour or 2 be taken back to a place in time, where music had a purpose.

"Your anger is a gift"

I bet Zack stops the show 10 minutes in because he sees some girl getting felt up while she's crowd surfing.

OMG ITZ GONTOBE KRZY LOLZZZZZ

damn thats gonna be so fucking amazing!!! Its a dream come true for me to finally be able to see them

I predict injuries. Crazy RATM fans all pushing forward, trying to get "in front"...multiple people are going to get hurt.

although i can't wait for rage. it wouldnt surprise me if theirs a death in that mosh pit

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    although i can't wait for rage. it wouldnt surprise me if theirs a death in that mosh pit
    I wouldn't be surprised, either.

We will be at a safe distance, probably somewhere to the side of the sound booth, well behind the fence. It's just not worth the risk gettin any closer, especially when I have a girl to watch out for.

meh...m-e-h...meh
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Rumor has it George Bush is gonna take Maynards part in Know Your Enemy.

I'm definetely watching Rage, but definetely staying pretty far back.

I'll be right up the front. This is going to be the final mosh pit in my life... I intend to die in this mosh pit.

i am contemplating were to be for the RATM set. up front for the spectacle of it all...or farther back and alive?

my fav spots at concerts are right behind the pit, pushin people back in...that way i have a bunch of open air space in front of me, and can still rock out without bein crowded.

just to let everybody know there will be a riot ..

I mean if there's a death during their set that would be horrible its up to the people in the pit to watch for others that have fallen down and pick them up. You think Rage would be happy to come back for this one-time set and the news that night or next day is that somebody died during their performance. Ive been in worse pits then Rage who i have seen mulitple times, if u go hard in the pit just realize if ur stomping on ground or bones.
    "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." Mahatma Gandhi

Seriously, I don't see what's cool about moshing. Getting into the music is one thing, but throwing punches and hitting other people isn't cool. It's just not needed. Leave your aggression at home and enjoy Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of MJK View Post
    I mean if there's a death during their set that would be horrible its up to the people in the pit to watch for others that have fallen down and pick them up. You think Rage would be happy to come back for this one-time set and the news that night or next day is that somebody died during their performance. Ive been in worse pits then Rage who i have seen mulitple times, if u go hard in the pit just realize if ur stomping on ground or bones.
    Devo?

mosh, don't kill.

the best place is just on the outer edge of the pit. Fresh air, room in front and generally you're not getting fucked up.