Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavement

Default Re: Pavement

Personally, Pavement holds a special place in my heart and I know I am not the only one. It was an absolute pleasure to hear those songs played live again and kinda emotional for me. Spoon playing before Pavement was a fantastic choice made by GV imo.

They were awesome and I am normally not a sing-a-long type of guy at shows, but I had to at this one. The wind blowing through the crowd was perfect as well. Awesome atmosphere all around with fellow fans around me. I was hoping they would have played Blue Hawaiian, but I can't complain at all about that performance.

I think an awful lot of people were at Phoenix instead.

I'm woefully unfamiliar with Pavement, to be honest, but I really enjoyed their set and seeing them live has inspired me to investigate their music more.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    well....we can blame Murdoc a LITTLE

Loved 'em but I missed some of the set. Did they play Here?
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

I loved Pavement's set. The Fox was definitely better, but they seem like they're having a blast up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Wheels Of Cheese

Yeah, that set kind of snuck up on me. I didn't really think about the implications of them being there until about 20 seconds into the set. It was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

I really enjoyed their set even if I didn't get a lot of the songs I wanted to hear. Shady Lane and Gold Soundz were definitely euphoric and I think I was close enough that I made the webcast...

EDIT: I was also thinking to myself, during the set; "Jesus Christ, GV's running out of bands to reunite/How will they top this?"
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Talking Re: Pavement

I think that everyone was queing up for Thom Yorke Deathtrap. I was going to skip Pavement for TYD, but as I almost got trampled I came back and it was the best decision I made the whole weekend. Pavement was awesome, and I had the best spot I ever have had at the mainstage without getting mobbed.

I think that TYD has just gotten too big for Outdoor stage, and it was a scheduling mess to have him on any but the mainstage. I can't imagine that throng for Phoenix, regardless of the change in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I really enjoyed their set even if I didn't get a lot of the songs I wanted to hear. Shady Lane and Gold Soundz were definitely euphoric and I think I was close enough that I made the webcast...

EDIT: I was also thinking to myself, during the set; "Jesus Christ, GV's running out of bands to reunite/How will they top this?"
    man, the moment they really get cocteau twins, that will start to be valid
    as predicted by nostradamus

i had such a great time at this set with everyone i went with. like becca said, we got a perfect spot and it sounded great. they looked fine to me. compare this year's footage with footage from their coachella performance in 99 and you'll see a huge difference in their attitude towards each other. i had a great time at this set. it was pretty empty at the beginning but kind of filled up towards the end. the outdoor was packed for phoenix and people waiting for thom yorke, i guess. it doesn't matter- this set was a winner, and i'm glad i saw it.

setlist:

Silence Kit
    In The Mouth A Desert
    Stereo
    Frontwards
    Father To A Sister of Thought
    Two States
    Shady Lane
    Gold Soundz
    Perfume V
    Date With Ikea
    The Hexx
    Fight This Generation
    Range Life
    Trigger Cut
    Starlings of the Slipstream
    Summer Babe
    Unfair
    Cut Your Hair
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I went to Coachella this year with them as my #1 to see (as my group was well aware) and it was my #1 of the entire festival. Absolutely astounding! It does make me sad that hardly anyone was there but watching all the love on the boards is a nice feeling.

I wished they couldve played more personal faves of mine but they played the hits that needed to be heard. The guitars, the banter (I *heart* Bob Nastanovich). I think I'm gonna try to catch a full show though. At least fans and new converts know they caught something special.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    i had such a great time at this set with everyone i went with. like becca said, we got a perfect spot and it sounded great. they looked fine to me. compare this year's footage with footage from their coachella performance in 99 and you'll see a huge difference in their attitude towards each other. i had a great time at this set. it was pretty empty at the beginning but kind of filled up towards the end. the outdoor was packed for phoenix and people waiting for thom yorke, i guess. it doesn't matter- this set was a winner, and i'm glad i saw it.

setlist:

Silence Kit
    In The Mouth A Desert
    Stereo
    Frontwards
    Father To A Sister of Thought
    Two States
    Shady Lane
    Gold Soundz
    Perfume V
    Date With Ikea
    The Hexx
    Fight This Generation
    Range Life
    Trigger Cut
    Starlings of the Slipstream
    Summer Babe
    Unfair
    Cut Your Hair

They also played Grounded. I can't remember where though.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    THIS

I got to the Sahara about 10 minutes before showtime, maybe even less. It was dead. Less than half full. I just think of how that tent is ALWAYS packed at night and especially the last night of Coachella. I watched about 20-30 and enjoyed it. By the time I left it was maybe closer to 70% full. When I ran into Feather and Co.much later that evening they looked really sad but said the true fans got to enjoy it that much more. I felt bad. They said they had a wonderful time though. Then I easily walk from the Sahara to the Main Stage and walk right up to Pavement mid set. Crazy.

I figure many people left the fest early and the rest were waiting for Jesus on the Outdoor.
    This exactly. These kids today.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I also watched pavement out of respect for the first 20 minutes of their set which was really, really, good. The thing with pavement for me is that I have listened over and over again all their albums but have never really been able to listen to the "genius"of pavement but I have always trusted by peers judgment. There's been many, many times when at get-togethers with friends I would get distracted by how cool the music on the background is while mingling with the crowd and when I have asked who the band on the player I have gotten the surprising answer "oh! that is pavement". anyway, we left pavement early to see Gary Numan, very, very regrettable as you may already know how that Gary Numan show went. I guess he did not feel safe getting out of his car".

Quote Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
    we left pavement early to see Gary Numan, very, very regrettable as you may already know how that Gary Numan show went. I guess he did not feel safe getting out of his car".
    Are you developmentally challenged?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by YouinReverse View Post
    They also played Grounded. I can't remember where though.
    you are correct, they did! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Are you developmentally challenged?
    no, but I can tell you are.

This set was my most anticipated and it did not dissapoint. I thought I'd never see them live.
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth

i caught the first two songs of Pavement and they werent too bad. i would've liked to have seen their whole set but i didnt want to miss Orbital.

It was empty. As much as I love Pavement, I have to admit that I totally get it. Even as a huge fan of this band for years, I still left after about five songs to go see Orbital. They sounded great, but when you have a choice between a seeing truley great act and a crazy/fun act, you've got to go with the crazy/fun one in my opinion.

Forgot to add that Fight this Generation was truly epic but when Range Life busted out I almost cried. It was funny I was the only one in my area bouncing and wooing like a teenybopper raver but I loved it. Next stop, sasquatch!
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

They were great, played all the of their "big" songs and looked to be having a great time.

Personally I was stoked that none of the kids cared about them, more room for me.
    "Is being overpaid to play somebody else's music so hard that you can't fucking carry some records?"

You don't consider "Rattled by the Rush" to be one of their big songs?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

Pavement's set was all the ecstacy I needed for the wknd. See you sunday night @ Pitchfork ya'll.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 04-20-2010 at 09:58 AM.

"Rattled By the Rush" and "Zurich Is Stained" are the two songs off the top of my head I would have liked to have heard. Especially "Zurich Is Stained."
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Pavement was amazing and well worth seeing! But the sad part was all the people waiting for the Gorillaz were sitting down on the group, so close up in the front too, made it hard to really get into. Wish they played Blue Hawaiian, Major League, or Spit on a Stranger.

easily the worst band of the fest. this set was so painful to watch. i came to get a decent spot for gorillaz and i was disgusted. terrible vocals, absolutely no stage energy or presence and they failed so hard at their in between songs 'comedy'. I remember the lead singer saying "are you glad pavement is back?" and even the people in the very front didnt seem to give a shit. why were these guys given anything above a 12:30 set in the gobi?
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

Behold the new Coachella attendee.

Quote Originally Posted by drewdrewdrew View Post
    easily the worst band of the fest. this set was so painful to watch. i came to get a decent spot for gorillaz and i was disgusted. terrible vocals, absolutely no stage energy or presence and they failed so hard at their in between songs 'comedy'. I remember the lead singer saying "are you glad pavement is back?" and even the people in the very front didnt seem to give a shit. why were these guys given anything above a 12:30 set in the gobi?
    this coming from someone who finds MGMT "amazing"

Nuff said
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Behold the new Coachella attendee.
    4th year running. good try though.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

ok

Behold, a fucking idiot.