Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastikman...

Default Re: Plastikman...

MOAR

Unhappy Re: Plastikman...

I hope he comes to SoCal again soon.

I knew in my gut PM would be epic and planned to leave Thom Yorke early to catch at about half of his show. I got way closer to the front of Yorke (dead center/hand on front rail) than I expected and wasn't about to give that up.
    If I would have had a meh spot for Yorke this would have been a no brainer and I say that as a diehard Radiohead/A4P fan.

this year was by far my worst year ever for major conflicts: Fever Ray vs Deadmau5/ Spoon vs Jonsi/Phoenix, etc. but Yorke v PM was the nastiest conflict of the weekend. If it would have been PM vs Gorillaz or even Jay-Z/Tiesto, I wouldn't have missed a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgmt battles mum breeders View Post
    I hope he comes to SoCal again soon.

I knew in my gut PM would be epic and planned to leave Thom Yorke early to catch at about half of his show. I got way closer to the front of Yorke (dead center/hand on front rail) than I expected and wasn't about to give that up.
    If I would have had a meh spot for Yorke this would have been a no brainer and I say that as a diehard Radiohead/A4P fan.

this year was by far my worst year ever for major conflicts: Fever Ray vs Deadmau5/ Spoon vs Jonsi/Phoenix, etc. but Yorke v PM was the nastiest conflict of the weekend. If it would have been PM vs Gorillaz or even Jay-Z/Tiesto, I wouldn't have missed a note.
    If you live in So Cal you will probably see Thom Yorke again. I don't follow his schedule but I'm pretty sure that he is touring. Plastikman? Doubt it.

Word of mouth and the youtubes might make it a hot enough ticket to expand his tour.
    Happens a lot when a Coachella performance is so smokin hot.

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    If you live in So Cal you will probably see Thom Yorke again. I don't follow his schedule but I'm pretty sure that he is touring. Plastikman? Doubt it.
    Thom just finished his tour. many ppl expecting ATP will be one time onely project, while Plastikman just start touring. I believe that's why so many ppl didnt catch Plastikman's show.

I failed to attend Coachella this year (scam scam scam....). If I was there, Thom and Richie will be the biggest conflicts for me this year, and it's expected before the set times announced. (sad)

Anyway, everyone who read this thread will hope that Richie keep touring US real soon. (maybe with longer set? =p) I'll be there no matter what happened this time. All the live footage, interviews and reviews show that he truly integrates rhythm and sense through his amazing work, and taking live performance into another level which no one has ever been to. A pioneer and real genius of our generation.
    Last edited by Fulkrum; 04-21-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo

I wasn;t terribly impressed. It was cool, but a far cry from epic. If you are into live lighting things and can se it in a venue where you can get close enough.

I'd say it was less exciting than orbital, but more creative. However, I found it less everthing than that hollywood squares setup etienne de crecy had last year and not in the league of a Daft Punk or Chemical Brother's live set. IMHO

The biggest conflict of the weekend for me was Plastikman v. Thom Yorke. My plan was to see the first half of Yorke, then run over to see the end of Plastikman. But like most of you couldn't leave Plastikman, I couldn't leave Yorke. It was too fucking good. I'm sure if Plastikman started before Yorke, I wouldn't have been able to leave Plastikman.

Damn you GV for making me choose between the 2.

Oh, and Orbital was the biggest disappointment of the weekend.
    Last edited by crazzz2007; 04-23-2010 at 02:46 PM.

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by mickflyy View Post
    MOAR

I personally thought plastikman sucked.

lowfront

sucks to be u

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I regret not being there; instead I was checking out a lame Gorillaz set surrounded by a sea of douchebags!

I regret leaving at 10:20 or so.

I should have have stuck it out and missed the beginning of Gorillaz.
    "Is being overpaid to play somebody else's music so hard that you can't fucking carry some records?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

I agree. But the first half hour of set was just...wow. Amazing. Literally left me breathless. Hopefully he comes back to CA. Would love to get a second chance at seeing him.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arman View Post
    BEST SET OF THE YEAR/ cant stop thinking about it

I was right there on the rail in the front row and I can honestly say it was the best set Iíve seen this year. He totally blew everyones mind! He played 70+ mins of really dark nasty ish that were surprisingly danceable. played some artifakts disconnect **** pong spastik etc.. and the tent had a totally different vibe to it. It wasnít overly crowded and really dark/ towards the end of the set those heavy winds started blowing adding to the vibe. Everyone around me just had there jaws dropped the entire time. Didnít feel like I was in the sahara at all. The set was super loud and clean and his led cage seemed to rattle with the bass, I was up there with some Spaniards and they had the iphone plastikman app running and it had the lyrics playing along to each track! Insane, for me Coachella ended after that set, I was doneÖ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_nrHuvaJ6o

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...pzXXGw&h=5ed01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrpWligblA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-Tig0grRc

thank you for posting these!!! i was drooling over them last night and sending them to my jealous friends
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Dude I feel the same exact way, I left at 10:30 to go see Gorillaz and absolutely regret it. Infact one of the only regrets all weekend.

How late did Ritchie play until? Was it much longer than 10:30?

Absolutely mind blowing performance. Debating whether I should just fly to Detroit next month to catch him just in case he doesn't come back to tour.

When he was finished Gorillaz was playing Stylo.

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsForTheMind View Post
    I personally thought plastikman sucked.
    yeah

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    yeah

and let me guess you thought club 75 was awsome?

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    How late did Ritchie play until? Was it much longer than 10:30?
    I believe till 10:50-10:55ish. But he did start at least 15 minutes late so I think the set was only 10 minutes longer than expected.

mindblowing set. amazing crowd. top 3 visuals i've ever seen. and the music...the fucking music was out of this world.

at times i couldn't move. other times i danced in a way my body had never moved before. when some of those base lines dropped, my head moved back and all i could say was "wow" in a slow, gradual expression while my body was taken over.
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

unbelievable

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
    mindblowing set. amazing crowd. top 3 visuals i've ever seen. and the music...the fucking music was out of this world.

at times i couldn't move. other times i danced in a way my body had never moved before. when some of those base lines dropped, my head moved back and all i could say was "wow" in a slow, gradual expression while my body was taken over.
    My thoughts exactly. The sound was perfect.

GLOribital to Plastikman was just insane to start off with and then what Hawtin did on that stage just can't quite be defined into words for me.
    1L☮e.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    and let me guess you thought club 75 was awsome?
    Haha they were the worst act I checked out this weekend. I couldn't believe how shitty their mixing was. I had heard every track they played a million times over the past 3 or 4 years with the exception of that new SebastiAn track but fuck they seriously sucked. I can't believe I heard people say they thought Club 75 was their act of the weekend. And I'm not totally against Ed Banger but they fuckin sucked this year.

Plastikman wasn't for everyone but absolutely killed it. Thee most creative experience I've witnessed. Opening with Ask Yourself was awesome, those are some of the darkest samples I've listened to, just blaring into my head on a proper sound system.

Still so sad I missed the last 25 mins. I absolutely need to see that again. Hopefully an audio bootleg turns up.

Ok I gotta say that . . . I saw Plastikman from the beginning for about 20 minutes, and I was totally underwhelmed. I never heard of him before, so maybe I just didnt get it. The beats were really boring, and it felt like the songs were just 1 note played on a synth with the filter changing up and down here and there.

I was so completely bored, that I left early and checked out Gorillaz . . . which weren't so great.

Many people are listing Plastikman as their fave act this year . . . but I guess I dont get it. IMO, Bassnectar killed everyone inside the Sahara by far. Best Sahara act this year 1,000 times over.

Saw someone sniffing an eather rag on the way into this set, i had a great time durring this set.

plastikman is headlining DEMF in 5 weeks.

i'm going. got the tix and the hotel reso's.

booya, bitches.
    -n ://redthreat.us

^cont... all y'all should listen to more techno.
    -n ://redthreat.us

Quote Originally Posted by subby33 View Post
    Ok I gotta say that . . . I saw Plastikman from the beginning for about 20 minutes, and I was totally underwhelmed. I never heard of him before, so maybe I just didnt get it. The beats were really boring, and it felt like the songs were just 1 note played on a synth with the filter changing up and down here and there.

I was so completely bored, that I left early and checked out Gorillaz . . . which weren't so great.

Many people are listing Plastikman as their fave act this year . . . but I guess I dont get it. IMO, Bassnectar killed everyone inside the Sahara by far. Best Sahara act this year 1,000 times over.
    hey no worries mate.. plastikman isn't nearly as accessible as most of the sahara acts this past weekend.. a bunch of my buds didn't "get it" either and one of them ended up having a bad trip haha.. though i will tell you that I thought the latter half of the set was way better, so maybe you can check it out another time!.. but yeah, bassnectar was gnarly, definitely one of the heavier sets i've heard in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by misterpickles View Post
    hey no worries mate.. plastikman isn't nearly as accessible as most of the sahara acts this past weekend.. a bunch of my buds didn't "get it" either and one of them ended up having a bad trip haha.. though i will tell you that I thought the latter half of the set was way better, so maybe you can check it out another time!.. but yeah, bassnectar was gnarly, definitely one of the heavier sets i've heard in awhile
    Lol. I was actually thinking "Maybe Plastikman would be better if I was on something."

I guess not :-) (referring to your friend).

I never heard of Bassnectar before that night, but now I MUST see him live again.