Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastikman...

Default Re: Plastikman...

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    This show was so good I was laughing
    dude the same thing happened to me! I couldn't stop uncontrollably laughing for periods of time the entire set. I don't know if it was euphoria, or the low-end bass frequencies triggering some kind of dopamine response inside me...maybe Richie was secretly releasing nitrous into the crowd, LOL...

I didn't realize how loud it was, either (I started with earplugs for Orbital but took them off a minute or two in). Ears are ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by keep2thestreets View Post
    Need Vids !
    NAO!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

randy got some video of me dancing during plastikman that ended up being too dark i think, but the audio wasn't bad. i'll try to post when i get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

BEST SET OF THE YEAR/ cant stop thinking about it

I was right there on the rail in the front row and I can honestly say it was the best set Iíve seen this year. He totally blew everyones mind! He played 70+ mins of really dark nasty ish that were surprisingly danceable. played some artifakts disconnect **** pong spastik etc.. and the tent had a totally different vibe to it. It wasnít overly crowded and really dark/ towards the end of the set those heavy winds started blowing adding to the vibe. Everyone around me just had there jaws dropped the entire time. Didnít feel like I was in the sahara at all. The set was super loud and clean and his led cage seemed to rattle with the bass, I was up there with some Spaniards and they had the iphone plastikman app running and it had the lyrics playing along to each track! Insane, for me Coachella ended after that set, I was doneÖ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_nrHuvaJ6o

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...pzXXGw&h=5ed01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrpWligblA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-Tig0grRc
    Last edited by arman; 04-20-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    coachella 06 '07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13' 14'

Thumbs up Re: Plastikman...

GREETINGS, PLASTIKMAN

WELCOME
    TO
    THE
    NEXT
    LEVEL

One of the most epic, fun, and enigmatic performances ever. Seriously lost my mind and body.

Seriously wish I could make it to Detroit in May to see it again....

Loved every sec of it! I feel so privileged to have been there with and the crowd was the best. Actually saw three people fall out from the bass!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I was hoping there would be more integration of the lights on the roof, the lights in the back, and other stuff.
    Rich's touring lighting man was stuck in Europe due to the volcano. He talks about it here: Plastikman Behind-the-Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Josh URB View Post
    Rich's touring lighting man was stuck in Europe due to the volcano. He talks about it here: Plastikman Behind-the-Scenes

Ah ok. Shit that sucks. I'm glad that Hawtin made it though. My friends came over to our camp Sunday morning saying that Hawtin wasn't going to make it because of the volcano and I almost had a heart attack.

Such a seriously mind-blowing set, I'm so glad I saw this (and from 4th row/center too) even though I missed AfP. I still have those three slow powerful bass notes stuck in my head - he played at such a haunting pace and the crowd had so much energy! I don't usually listen to minimal techno that much but I knew what I was getting into beforehand and it was absolutely amazing, I felt like I was watching an artist at his best. The image of the LED screen responding to the sounds with these elemental shapes and waves was phenomenal, and the fact that you had to strain so hard to just catch a glimpse of light barely outlining his hair through the LEDs just set up this frightening dark atmosphere.
    It was also great watching it with that crowd, because there were a lot of cross-generation mixing. It was great to see the older guys who grew up with this stuff and I was surprised by the large younger crowd too (I'm 20 but very pleased that the other "ravey kids" as you like to call us aren't just superficially into drugs and strobe lights but actually could appreciate the art). The set was just out of this world; i highly doubt i'll ever see a comparable performance, and that really is what made the set and coachella as a whole so worth it for me. My only complaint was the significant lag between the sound and the LED - i wonder if the iphone app had anything to do with that (i dont know what it was like though) and it would be even better if it was synchronized more.

lowfront

My videos.....last few are after everyone left and it got real crazy

Last edited by lowfront; 04-20-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Un-freaking-believable.

I'll never forget the looks on everyone's face after it was done.

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Un-freaking-believable.

I'll never forget the looks on everyone's face after it was done.

I found my buddy 10 min after the set ended standing in the back with no one around him, not moving an inch, with his head in a gaze...

he said his feet didn't move the whole set, I had to go wake him up basically out of that dark mindset

we both were freaking out and proceeded to campground to calm down

wow, I thought it was actually appropriate without additional lighting.
    Couldn't take my eyes away from that Tron MCP.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    I found my buddy 10 min after the set ended standing in the back with no one around him, not moving an inch, with his head in a gaze...

he said his feet didn't move the whole set, I had to go wake him up basically out of that dark mindset

we both were freaking out and proceeded to campground to calm down
    Can you put up the raw video files for download?

The plastikman website has some jumbled dates/shows listed right now, and it says "more dates to be confirmed shortly." I would fly somewhere in the US to see this again.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The plastikman website has some jumbled dates/shows listed right now, and it says "more dates to be confirmed shortly." I would fly somewhere in the US to see this again.
    Haha. I was just checking what flights to Brussels for Pukkelpop would run. They've got another killer EDM lineup and Plastikman!

lowfront

1,000 bucks for a plane ticket for me...

hmm..

As I walked away from the Sahara with my face dripping to the ground, I instantly said, "I need to see this show again and he needs to have a longer set."

Seriously. I would love to see him play around this area.

I wish I could talk my friends into going to Detroit but traveling during Memorial Day weekend is a motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I wish I could talk my friends into going to Detroit but traveling during Memorial Day weekend is a motherfucker.
    Oh that is during memorial day weekend??? Hmmm......

Coachella Junkie

I'd like to 2nd the statement about it being so dark - that made it so much more appropriate for his music. Kinda glad the lighting guy didn't make it over.

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    I almost made the mistake of leaving his set early to see Gorillaz. .
    I was so sad when everyone told me lets go. But then some of you guys told me you were staying and I pretty much wanted to jump into the air out of excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    This show was so good I was laughing
    This. I did this a lot. I also just stood still in astonishment at a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    As I walked away from the Sahara with my face dripping to the ground, I instantly said, "I need to see this show again and he needs to have a longer set."

Seriously. I would love to see him play around this area.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I'd like to 2nd the statement about it being so dark - that made it so much more appropriate for his music. Kinda glad the lighting guy didn't make it over.
    I loved how dark it was. It gave the set this dirty almost scary feel.

I really need to see this again as soon as possible. I want to go to movement but I'd probably get fired for being gone that weekend.
    Last edited by mattpach; 04-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpach View Post
    I was so sad when everyone told me lets go. But then some of you guys told me you were staying and I pretty much wanted to jump into the air out of excitement.
    I pretty much forgot all about Gorillaz during this. I was telling my friends "I'm not moving from this spot until it's over!" and everyone immediately agreed.

Coachella Junkie

I felt the same when dealing with Thom Yorke's set. 5 minutes into Plastikman, I could not care less about Thom's set.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I pretty much forgot all about Gorillaz during this. I was telling my friends "I'm not moving from this spot until it's over!" and everyone immediately agreed.
    That was shared among me and all of my friends...I seriously can't believe what happened in that tent at that night. It was pure and unadulterated magic.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12.1, '12.1, '13.1

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    This year's theme is: prostate milking. Please dress accordingly.

Fuck. This is the biggest conflict of the weekend that i didn't know existed until right now. Fuck.