Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastikman...

Default Re: Plastikman...

Oh and the ipod app. I kept losing the connection to the network, but when it did work it was showing some numbers (not sure what they were telling me) and also the song title and cue number and mix in/out. At one point, some words popped up and if I kept tapping it, I could hear it being played all cool stuff. Really cool concept, but maybe a little buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

/Blown Away.

Holy fuck.

I almost made the mistake of leaving his set early to see Gorillaz. It was hilarious to see the darkest of fears brewing in the deep pupils of all the mau5heads and the Ed Banger teeny bopper kandi club kids when he didn't mix Pon De Flor with a Heads Will Roll remix. I expected it to be way less danceable like Time Warp but he incorporated some mind-fucking bass drops in there. Amazing set.

I think we all had a really fucking special experience in there together.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Wow. This is one of the greatest things I have experienced.

Richie Hawtin is a fucking genious.

He fucking killed it.....so awesome...minimal at it's best. Let him headline the tent again next year.

I saw the first fifteen or twenty minutes and it was totally sick. I was so mad at my friends for insisting that I come with them to Gorillaz, saying that if I didn't come that we'd never find each other. Gorillaz was so boring... I should really trust my instincts and have my own Coachella next year.

Quote Originally Posted by patricksw View Post
    I should really trust my instincts and have my own Coachella next year.
    It truly is more fun that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Absolutely the best set I saw this year. In the top 2 of all Coachella sets I have ever seen if not #1. As far as I'm concerned Coachella was over after his set ended.

Plastikman = Daft Punk of 2010.

Incredible.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12.1, '12.1, '13.1

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    This year's theme is: prostate milking. Please dress accordingly.

I had to pull myself away from AfP early, but I'm so glad I did. I was able to catch about the last half an hour or so of Plastikman, but for those 30 minutes I was in another world. I couldn't convince my husband to join me so that was the first time I saw a Coachella set alone. I loved it. The music and visuals exceeded my expectations.

missing this set will probably be my biggest regret of 2010. then again, i enjoyed afp a lot and just couldn't leave the outdoor stage early.

So I planned on leaving Plastikman at 10:15 to catch Gorillaz.

HA!

It was 10:25 and the girl I was with had to pull me off the Sahara wall to leave.

The track he played around 10:20 BLEW MY FUCKING MIND AWAY.

He definitely lived up to the hype.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

lowfront

Plastikman was by far the greatest thing I have EVER seen.

HOLY SHIT! This set made coachella 10 for me.

after it I just walked right by gorillaz, could give a shit after that set.

Richie took over my body and mind and sent me on a fucking trip, holy christ.

Once everyone left for gorillaz it got intimate and SHIT WATCH OUT!!

I left that set thinking I just died and came back to life

o man o man, That was fucking special

i'm pretty sure everyone who stayed til the end can agree that richie hawtin absolutely fucking destroyed us. the emptiness of the sahara definitely added a level of eeriness that made his haunting bass lines all the more epic.

There was this feeling in the Sahara of "What the fuck just happened?" after that set, similar to what happened with Aphex Twin, only this was miles better.
    I was stunned, and it takes a lot to stun me.

overheard: "Is he ever going to come out?"
    "This is a long ass intro!"

the poor people just don't know...

Pure fucking genius richie is! I don't think I've ever been more impressed with a set than his sunday night. Him having complete control of the visuals and beats was one thing, but able to participate in the set with the iphone app at one point was something truly amazing to experience. So I fired up the Synk app and was invited to join plastikman's wi-fi set-up for the connection shortly entering the sahara from watching Thom Yorke's amazing set (just stayed long enough to hear the erasure performed then bounced). Most of the time my screen just had some random numbers + cue info but at one point I noticed a bunch of random words on the screen where by touching them would initiate a little vibrate on my phone (as a confirmation) with me hearing the word that I pressed integrated with plastikman's real time beats. Another iphone user went up to me to confirmed what I did and mentioned he'd experienced it to when he was pushing certain words. We both then realized what we had done and it was something I never experienced before and really made you feel like you were part of the music (we both gave each other a high five after that realization). I've been going to coachella since '99 and his set is by far the most amazing thing I've experienced in the polo fields. It really was some next level shit!

Anyone else notice the lasers being projected on the ceiling of the sahara during richie's set when every thing was dark? That was well thought out and original + pretty amazing as well.

lowfront

What the fuck just happend?????

best experience sahara has offered up in some time. dark drops, panning, what felt like classic 8 minutes builds, lo-frequency madness, then a blast of white light, plastikman is what all others should be measured by.

I don't even have the words to express how his set made me feel - I can say truthfully I was brought to tears. I had been waiting for 15 years to see him as Plastikman and it was worth the wait. I was lucky enough to be in the front row, and I also was stone cold sober (wouldn't have it any other way these days). I had the iphone app on most of the time and experienced what the others have said, I didn't pay attention to it the whole time but it was nice to be connected to the "Plastikman" wifi network! I had turned my friend onto him in the past few months and warned her it might be a bit too minimal for her, but she really enjoyed it. I wasn't going to go to Coachella this year because I couldn't get work off Saturday, but changed my mind when I saw his name on the line-up. It was worth the 5 hr round trip back to work Sat to experience the Orbital-Plastikman genius.
    Coachella '06, '07, '09

Previously "MsTekno"

ill get heat for this but i was very underwhelmed...

Quote Originally Posted by jaysocal View Post
    Plastikman = Daft Punk of 2010.

Incredible.
    HA

thats a bold statement sir...

I had to chuckle at the girl in the yellow tank top with stunner shades who was getting a shoulder ride during this and raving her arms about in the air. I'm not sure she understood where she was or what the rest of us were actually experiencing.

Someone who saw Bassnectar and Plastikman tell me which was better (northernexposure?).

Awesome set but...

barely 70 minutes???

BULLSHIT. He should've been allowed to play until midnight just like the snooze-fest that was Gorillaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

definitely the best set of 2010. i was also in the front row hanging on the rail and just in total awe!! blown the fuck away... all that mattered was the music and this incredible dark journey richie took us on
    honestly feel bad for everyone who didn't get to experience this
    coachella 06 '07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13' 14'

I almost thought that he was going to just keep going, because it was past 10 30 and I thought, oh shit, they are going to let him rip us apart til midnight. IF ONLY!!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I almost thought that he was going to just keep going, because it was past 10 30 and I thought, oh shit, they are going to let him rip us apart til midnight. IF ONLY!!
    I thought the same... I was ready to gamble and miss Gorillaz if that happened.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Agreeing with everyone! Definitely was moved by this set!

Did anyone else notice how SICK it was when the wind was blowing hardcore towards the end of the set? Trash was blowing all over the place and it went so well with the music. This dude's straw hat went flying across the crowd. Some guy next to me was on my level and was like "this is so perfect!" It felt like being on the set of a music video

Set of my life, plain and simple. Was up front mostly, but moved back to get more space to dance and go crazy. Stone cold sober as well. I myself have been waiting forever to see/hear a Plastikman set and finally I got the chance. Perfection personified. It's been a long time since I literally had no control of my emotions, and not to get too weird, but about as close to an out of body experience I have had. Anyone have a hard time sleeping after getting home from this set?

Wish they would have let him keep playing and I would have loved to share this experience with some of you fellow board members. Overall, my mind was blown away. Sensory overload.