Page 1 of 18 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastikman...

Default Plastikman...

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Plastikman...

Good? bad? wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

So Good!

So curious what kind of set Richie deliver at Coachella, any in-depth review?

I'd like a review. and info about the iPhone app integration... I really wanted to make it but no way I was missing Thom Yorke.
    Nothing can stop me now...

Coachella Junkie

I haven't danced that hard in a LONG time. Minimal techno at its best - Richie is a fucking genius.

People were leaving left and right, it's not the most accessible. But the dark beats and bass lines he was dropping were stellar and mind altering.

Not sure about the iPhone app, I don't think alot of people were using it (if any).

stayed for the whole thing start to finish. lots of decade old tracks reinvented, VERY fucking sick.

perfect closer and great reason to exist at coachella 2010, more later
    'all great things must first wear terrifying and monstrous masks in order to inscribe themselves on the hearts of humanity.' nietzsche

Richie ripped my fucking world apart.

Dark, evil, bombastic.

Gut-shaking, mind-wobbling, relentless bass.

That's all I can muster right now - hands-down the best set of the festival for me, if not the best in all my 7 years.

More later...

Liminoid

Turner coined the term liminoid to refer to experiences that have characteristics of liminal experiences but are optional and don't involve a resolution of a personal crisis[4]. A graduation ceremony might be regarded as liminal while a rock concert might be understood to be liminoid. The liminal is part of society, an aspect of social or religious ritual, while the liminoid is a break from society, part of play. Turner stated that liminal experiences are rare and diminished in industrial societies, and are replaced by liminoid experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I haven't danced that hard in a LONG time. Minimal techno at its best - Richie is a fucking genius.

People were leaving left and right, it's not the most accessible. But the dark beats and bass lines he was dropping were stellar and mind altering.

Not sure about the iPhone app, I don't think alot of people were using it (if any).
    Minimal Techno and IDM are an "acquired taste" for most. I enjoyed it, but I couldn't stay for longer than 10 minutes. His visual setup was insane.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Keo345 View Post
    Richie ripped my fucking world apart.

Dark, evil, bombastic.

Gut-shaking, mind-wobbling, relentless bass.

That's all I can muster right now - hands-down the best set of the festival for me, if not the best in all my 7 years.

More later...
    btw I was not on drugs.

I feel that is worth noting.

btw I was not on drugs.

I feel that is worth noting.
    Neither was I and I had the exact same experience. One of thee best moments for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

PLASTIKMAN LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie delivered.

All the hype, the anticipation, the convos about would it be danceable techno, or disjointed minimal, etc - he blew that room to fucking pieces. Threw down a 60+ minute set of the darkest, nastiest basslines, 303 mind-fucking throughout, all live, all from behind the veil of a giant LED-encased cage whose visuals were synchroized to ebb and flow with the beat. Me and my friends jacked our asses off for the entire set - he definitely learned from Timewarp and put together a set that was danceable - albeit danceable if you were willing to completely freak out!

Absolute end-of-times basslines with the occasional breakdown so you could catch your breath and your sanity - then in typical Richie fashion, when you let your guard down for a breather, he just destroys you with the biggest beat ever. When the twisted vocals of Disconnect came through those speakers, you honestly felt like you were being abducted by an alien being. And that screeching sound throughout the track - felt like your guts were being ripped out every time. Moving from the earlier 303-laced Plastikman material into the evil, dark Consumed tracks so seamlessly - then he launched into P ing Pong - just the darkest, nastiest bangin' 4/4 beat that literally shook your guts - then finishing with Spastik, one of the most apocalyptic techno club tracks ever - my fucking god, he just wrecked everyone's world who was lucky enough to stay until the end.

The sound was unreal - so loud, it rattled your insides. The lowest of the low-end bass throughout the whole set - almost made me nauseous, but no ringing in my ears today, even though it was some of the loudest music I've ever heard.

Visuals were UNREAL - the LED cage was incredible!! Fully functioning, fluid, coordinated with all the music. Seemed like there might have been a slight delay at times, but I couldn't tell if it was because I was so close.

iphone app did not work, at least not on my friend's phone. Got stuck on one track/bpm and never changed. But no one would have wanted to take their eyes off what Richie was doing up there anyways.

All in all, hands down the best set of the festival, and a fitting way to close out the Sahara - with a monumental BANG

I do believe it was the greatest electronic music performance I have witnessed. Daft Punk's pyramid may have been better, but I admittedly am a fan of techno so to see Richie Hawtin do Plastikman Live to close down the Sahara at Coachella - it honestly could not get much than that for me!
    Last edited by Keo345; 04-19-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Me and my friends jacked our asses off for the entire set
    I'm glad I didn't have to see that. Whatever that consists of. No, I don't want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    What a weird knee that woman has but I do like the crocs ...

probably one of the best sets of the entire weekend. Maybe because it reminded me of the good days of Coachella when actual artists were booked and the tents were not fucking packed.

In any case it was great to hear some amazingly desgined synths and drums coming out of that sound system.

hands down one of my favorite sets of the weekend.
    I Got The Munchies like a Homeless Person!!

The stage set up was sick, I loved how there was actually room in there too.

fucking amazing. i was expecting something acid-housey and trippy,which it was, but at the same time he dropped some of the meanest minimal i've ever heard that really got me moving. best set of the weekend by far even though i only saw half of his set. visuals were incredible as well

PLASTIKMAN LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie delivered.

All the hype, the anticipation, the convos about would it be danceable techno, or disjointed minimal, etc - he blew that room to fucking pieces. Threw down a 60+ minute set of the darkest, nastiest basslines, 303 mind-fucking throughout, all live, all from behind the veil of a giant LED-encased cage whose visuals were synchroized to ebb and flow with the beat. Me and my friends jacked our asses off for the entire set - he definitely learned from Timewarp and put together a set that was danceable - albeit danceable if you were willing to completely freak out!

Absolute end-of-times basslines with the occasional breakdown so you could catch your breath and your sanity - then in typical Richie fashion, when you let your guard down for a breather, he just destroys you with the biggest beat ever. When the twisted vocals of Disconnect came through those speakers, you honestly felt like you were being abducted by an alien being. And that screeching sound throughout the track - felt like your guts were being ripped out every time. Moving from the earlier 303-laced Plastikman material into the evil, dark Consumed tracks so seamlessly - then he launched into P ing Pong - just the darkest, nastiest bangin' 4/4 beat that literally shook your guts - then finishing with Spastik, one of the most apocalyptic techno club tracks ever - my fucking god, he just wrecked everyone's world who was lucky enough to stay until the end.

The sound was unreal - so loud, it rattled your insides. The lowest of the low-end bass throughout the whole set - almost made me nauseous, but no ringing in my ears today, even though it was some of the loudest music I've ever heard.

Visuals were UNREAL - the LED cage was incredible!! Fully functioning, fluid, coordinated with all the music. Seemed like there might have been a slight delay at times, but I couldn't tell if it was because I was so close.

iphone app did not work, at least not on my friend's phone. Got stuck on one track/bpm and never changed. But no one would have wanted to take their eyes off what Richie was doing up there anyways.

All in all, hands down the best set of the festival, and a fitting way to close out the Sahara - with a monumental BANG

I do believe it was the greatest electronic music performance I have witnessed. Daft Punk's pyramid may have been better, but I admittedly am a fan of techno so to see Richie Hawtin do Plastikman Live to close down the Sahara at Coachella - it honestly could not get much than that for me!
    didn't read the thread before i posted but this sums it up perfectly.

fucking phenomenal

whhhyyy are there no videos up yet

It was good

Scary Good

I think out of all the acts this year I want to see him again immediately.
    *drink responsibly*

Quote Originally Posted by keep2thestreets View Post
    It was good

Scary Good

I think out of all the acts this year I want to see him again immediately.
    Go to Movement over Memorial Day:

www.paxahau.com

Homecoming for Richie - first time performing as Plastikman in Detroit since 1994.

It will be absolutely epic - moreso than last night, if that's possible?

Keo, you nailed it. Only thing to be noted, Plastikman should have closed main stage, and wackzillas coulda had a tent. Dark, nasty baselines!!!

Go to Movement over Memorial Day:

www.paxahau.com

Homecoming for Richie - first time performing as Plastikman in Detroit since 1994.

It will be absolutely epic - moreso than last night, if that's possible?
    Cannot wait for this.

Greatest electronic performance I've ever seen. I said "oh my god" or some variation to myself about 25 times throughout. Like I said right after the set, that was to the Sahara tent what My Bloody Valentine were to the mainstage last year. Easily one of the weekend highlights for everyone that was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

I won't repeat what's been said but just agree.

As for the iPhone app, it did not work for me either (got stuck on one track) but I gave up very quickly. Just as well, wasn't at all interested in fiddling with my phone during the set.

Somebody was recording the whole set on a mini tripod from the left speaker.

PHENOMENAL

This set, the production, the small crowd, the body-shaking bass all made this one of the best sets of the weekend. I have some video I'll get around to posting, but I was too busy being attacked by maximum SPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.