Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete cluster fuck trying to leave

Default Complete cluster fuck trying to leave

Its a nightmare trying to leave from lot 14. We've moved 2 feet in an hour and people are pissed off yelling at each other. Either they have nobody directing traffic to get out of here or the person doing it is a fucking moron.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Default Re: Complete cluster fuck trying to leave

I'm sat in my tent! That is the big advantage of camping.

We must have just beat you to and out of lot 14. 30 minutes ago we got out in <10 minutes.

Jesus christ this is ridiculous. You'd think with all of the goddamn cops that they could find one to direct traffic.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

I've been trying to exit and in one hour I've moved all of 40 feet... and it has only gotten worse as more people get to their cars.

At this rate I might as well stay here rather than drive back to my room in Palm Springs. I was having a near perfect day until this clusterfuck.
    Nothing can stop me now...

Lot 2 is a disaster as well. Been in my car for an hour and moved about 50 feet. It takes so long to move that people are turning off their cars for the 15 minute wait before you drive 5 feet again. Something is seriously screwed, either the extra 15k people or the addition of the shuttle buses or both. Never seen it this bad.

Still in the parking lot. If this is due to overselling then shame on GV.

Where the fuck is the crowd control? It took us an hour to walk to our car in lot 16 and then another 1 hour to get out of the parking lot and back to the our hotel in Rancho Mirage. So much for Coachella being a green festivial

Lurker

Finally home after 3+ hours in Lot 2. Does anyone know why the gate was closed for so long??

Lots 1 and 3 were pretty horrific. there were about 10 lanes of cars trying to squeeze out an entrance/exit 2 lanes wide. It doesn't help some people are retarded and don't follow any driver etiquette.

I can understand having one entrance per lot, but at the end of the night they should have multiple gates opened up to at least prevent the potential for cars hitting each other because everyone's trying to squeeze by or merge into a single lane.
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

This is my first year at Coachella so I have to ask is walking to and driving out of the lots always this hard?

the cocksuckers in charge of this festival need their collective asses kicked.....pathetic

unbelieveable

for $300 a head....hire a fucking traffic planner you piles of shit

PS I AM being nice right now

Does anyone have any wristbands available???

It took 45 minutes to get from Sahara to the parking lot. It looked like the LA freeway at rush hour, and that was just the walking part. Then 1 hour 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Lot 2 is a disaster as well. Been in my car for an hour and moved about 50 feet. It takes so long to move that people are turning off their cars for the 15 minute wait before you drive 5 feet again. Something is seriously screwed, either the extra 15k people or the addition of the shuttle buses or both. Never seen it this bad.
    After 30 minutes of not moving in Lot 2, we managed to get to the open space that was 20 feet in front of us and parked the next 90 minutes. We got out of Lot 2 in almost exactly three hours and proceeded to make the 20 minute drive back to our condo.

It took us over two hours to get into the festival parking lot. This was definitely the worst experience we've ever had. I hope they figure something out for today and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

One of my friends lives inside the country club right across the street from lot 7, so I think i'm going to do that today, because it's probably like an extra 5minutes of walking but I don't have to wait for like an hour or 2 to leave the fest, it will probably take me like 10minutes.

Why the fuck didn't i do this yesterday, haha.
    '06-'10

2011 here I come

2.5 hrs to escape from the parking lot from hell last night. Add that to the 2.5 hrs to get in, and that's 5 hrs wasted sitting in the car yesterday.

But, you know what? I don't fucking care. Yesterday was excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Wow. You'd think they would have improved it after it took 1+ hours for most to get out last year. Coachella definitely needs to get their organizational shit together.

This year we are staying at Indian Palms CC at 49th/Monroe. 2 mile walk (maybe 2 1/2 from the gate) but no traffic.

Yeah, the parking was a nightmare last night. In Lot 5, there was a Sherriff who blocked the only exit so that "traffic could improve". However, they were letting other lots leave: only Lot 5 was completely blocked. It was infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I really wish that Goldenvoice would address this with a tweet or post on the forum or something. Something to let us know that they are working on making sure this same type of bullshit doesn't happen tonight. I'm Coachella and GV's biggest supporter but last night has totally soured me on the whole festival. Hopefully they fix their shit today/tonight.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    I really wish that Goldenvoice would address this with a tweet or post on the forum or something. Something to let us know that they are working on making sure this same type of bullshit doesn't happen tonight. I'm Coachella and GV's biggest supporter but last night has totally soured me on the whole festival. Hopefully they fix their shit today/tonight.
    THIS. For the 1st time ever, I actual thought of missing Coachella next year if we had to deal with this shit again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Same here. Last night me and my wife agreed that this is probably our last Coachella if things keep going like they were yesterday. The performances yesterday were great but sitting in a parking lot for 3+ hours totally destroys any positive feelings you had after the shows.

I have never seen anything like that last night. The worst I had ever been in before was a Dodger playoff game many year back. This really took the cake. Over 2 hours to get out of lot 15c. My friends in 14 got so frustrated they walked out and left car (probably got impounded but I am sure they weren't the only ones).

In past years I have driven my bike, which is a snap to get out of traffic. But most posts around here made it seem like parking wasn't all that bad in general so I drove truck this year. Going to have to re-think that plan.

Great day otherwise though!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    THIS. For the 1st time ever, I actual thought of missing Coachella next year if we had to deal with this shit again.
    Easily avoidable if you camp. Just sayin.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Lot 2 was miserable for me as well. Hour and twenty minutes to finally get out. And what's with the parking lot attendants and security not knowing where the other lots are?

i sat in my car listening to my new cds, started a crossword puzzle, took a nap all the while waiting for the traffic to improve. by the time i woke up 1.5 hours later the traffic situation was much improved, as in everybody, minus a handful of people, was gone. albeit, this was after 3am. looking forward to today's lineup, not the inflow/outflow of the parking lots.

edit: was in lot 14
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

I parked at my nephews on calhoun since there was no parking past 9pm, longest walk back ever.

Smile Re: Complete cluster fuck trying to leave

I've been to every single Coachella and the AVERAGE time spent leaving the parking lot is about 2 1/2 hours EVERY SINGLE YEAR. After 10 years of doing this you would think that the organizers would have spent a little time and money at even remotely trying to solve this problem??? I'm sure there must be some sort of black magic science involving logistics/planning that could be applied towards solving this??? or maybe just keep doing it the same way and hope no one remembers for next year.

Easily avoidable if you camp. Just sayin.
    sure, because there is room for 75k campers?

Quote Originally Posted by ie_guy View Post
    I've been to every single Coachella and the AVERAGE time spent leaving the parking lot is about 2 1/2 hours EVERY SINGLE YEAR. After 10 years of doing this you would think that the organizers would have spent a little time and money at even remotely trying to solve this problem??? I'm sure there must be some sort of black magic science involving logistics/planning that could be applied towards solving this??? or maybe just keep doing it the same way and hope no one remembers for next year.

Where the fuck are you parking?? I've been going since 04 and have never had to deal with parking like that.. Maybe the longest I've waited was 30 minutes or so to get out of a lot.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff