Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Hoops (stay away if you hate hoops!!!)

Default NCAA Hoops (stay away if you hate hoops!!!)

Ok, so tonight is the big Texas vs Texas A&M rematch. I've never seen nor heard of Austin being this fired up for a basketball game (and i went to school here for 6 years). For the uninitiated, Texas has a freshman forward named Kevin Durant, who, when all is said and done, has a ceiling that really cannot be stated. He's absolutely ceiling-less. Think Kobe & Lebron type of talent (possibly). The catch is, he's a 99.999% probability to go to the NBA as one of the top 2 picks in next year's draft, so the city of Austin is relishing what could quite well be the last home game of his career. Making the game more dramatic is that Texas is playing its nemesis, a Texas A&M team that also happens to be ranked 6th in the country. There are a couple certainties tonight, and a couple intriguing possibilities:

1) I WILL be developing a sudden illness that excuses me from my Int. Business class at approximately 7:35 PM tonight... That leaves just enough time for me to sprint to my car, drive 90 on H-10 and get home in time to open a bottle of wine and sit down for tipoff. Honestly, if I had to force myself to projectile vomit in the middle of the classroom, then AI would be able to do it with ease. Luckily, I've had an Upper Respiratory Infection, so this should be cake. I'll just start coughing frantically, make a half assed attempt to get water, then come back, cough until I get a concerned look, then I'm out.

2) My daughter, Harper, WILL be dressed in full Longhorn attire. Her college tuition is riding on Texas covering a 1.5 point spread. Since her arrival, Texas is a perfect 2-0 against the spread and straight up (of course, by chance, she's been wearing her Horns gear... Yeah sure, by chance...).

3) A remote control may be broken by jumping out of my hands and throwing itself at my wall.

4) There's a very remote chance my wife will ask me for a divorce, though I've also let her put a small wager on Texas. Works like a charm most of the time. She's still giddy about winning $10 on a $20 bet for "The Departed" to take home best picture...

5) I will NOT come on this board at any time tonight for any reason. Considering the Pediatrician recommended that I not breathe on the baby (even suggested that I get a mask to wear) I will also not be holding the baby. This opens up the possibility for 2-4 bottles of wine to be consumed. If that number happens to trend towards the 4, I will also be sleeping on the couch, possibly not voluntarily.

6) I will NOT be surprised when this thread is clogged with a bunch of trash-talking shittiness, trite attempts at humor, and otherwise dickish behavior... So have at it...
    -----------------------

Default Re: NCAA Hoops (stay away if you hate hoops!!!)

i like this thread already.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    2) My daughter, Harper, WILL be dressed in full Longhorn attire. Her college tuition is riding on Texas covering a 1.5 point spread.

A) you've just guaranteed your daughter's matriculation to A&M.
    B) looks like she's going need some scholarships.

lute olson does not have parkinson's disease. it is neither trite nor dickish to point this out to you. please leave my dad alone now. thank you.

great post though nothingman. really.

I'd like to watch this but Duke-Maryland clearly takes precedence for me.

I'll be paying attention to this one. And the Duke MD game.

Are we doing a Tourney bracket this year?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Headwear Fo Ya Backside chrislasf's Avatar

I was planning on doing it again.

Sweet.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    Ok, so tonight is the big Texas vs Texas A&M rematch. I've never seen nor heard of Austin being this fired up for a basketball game (and i went to school here for 6 years). For the uninitiated, Texas has a freshman forward named Kevin Durant, who, when all is said and done, has a ceiling that really cannot be stated. He's absolutely ceiling-less. Think Kobe & Lebron type of talent (possibly). The catch is, he's a 99.999% probability to go to the NBA as one of the top 2 picks in next year's draft, so the city of Austin is relishing what could quite well be the last home game of his career. Making the game more dramatic is that Texas is playing its nemesis, a Texas A&M team that also happens to be ranked 6th in the country. There are a couple certainties tonight, and a couple intriguing possibilities:

1) I WILL be developing a sudden illness that excuses me from my Int. Business class at approximately 7:35 PM tonight... That leaves just enough time for me to sprint to my car, drive 90 on H-10 and get home in time to open a bottle of wine and sit down for tipoff. Honestly, if I had to force myself to projectile vomit in the middle of the classroom, then AI would be able to do it with ease. Luckily, I've had an Upper Respiratory Infection, so this should be cake. I'll just start coughing frantically, make a half assed attempt to get water, then come back, cough until I get a concerned look, then I'm out.

2) My daughter, Harper, WILL be dressed in full Longhorn attire. Her college tuition is riding on Texas covering a 1.5 point spread. Since her arrival, Texas is a perfect 2-0 against the spread and straight up (of course, by chance, she's been wearing her Horns gear... Yeah sure, by chance...).

3) A remote control may be broken by jumping out of my hands and throwing itself at my wall.

4) There's a very remote chance my wife will ask me for a divorce, though I've also let her put a small wager on Texas. Works like a charm most of the time. She's still giddy about winning $10 on a $20 bet for "The Departed" to take home best picture...

5) I will NOT come on this board at any time tonight for any reason. Considering the Pediatrician recommended that I not breathe on the baby (even suggested that I get a mask to wear) I will also not be holding the baby. This opens up the possibility for 2-4 bottles of wine to be consumed. If that number happens to trend towards the 4, I will also be sleeping on the couch, possibly not voluntarily.

6) I will NOT be surprised when this thread is clogged with a bunch of trash-talking shittiness, trite attempts at humor, and otherwise dickish behavior... So have at it...
    you sound just like The Sports Guy.

This game is already fantastic. Both teams are amped.

i want an sc-texas rematch at the alamo bowl.

his knee was so down!

I love this thread for two reasons. One this game has been amazing so far. Enough to make me wonder why I am multitasking at this moment. Two someone mentioned the Sports Guy. He should really have his own thread.
    “We've spent so much time judging what other people created that we've created very, very little of our own.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

This final two minutes is gonne be sick. Nothingman must be shitting his pants.

I dont think youre alllowed to post pics of this nature until you have paid off your bet.

holy shit. that 3 was crazy.

This is the greatest college game I've seen this year. Fucking wow.

Missed the 3, but I'm here for OT. I'm going to pretend the Duke game never happened.

i didnt expect that 3-pointer. wtf. i was expecting texas to win already.

Dammit I wish I had cable this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Holy shit.

holy shit. that 3 was crazy.

Why oh why did Texas not call a timeout? They were so disorganized.

After reading John's post:

Gee this game sure is boring and not exciting. Yawn.

Heh. Thanks, Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

So if I have this right, Nothingman covered by half a fucking point.

Texas wins!

That last play by the A&M guys was brilliant, though--the quick chuck at the rim right after the ref hands him the ball. Never seen that before.
    Last edited by Mabdul Doobakus; 02-28-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrislasf View Post
    After reading John's post:

Gee this game sure is boring and not exciting. Yawn.
    women's college basketball sucks.

I'm not sure I'm breathing at this point... If this house came with a built-in defibrillator, the word "Clear" would have been used in a frantic manner about 17 times during the last hour.

I'm not going to get divorced, though my stomach may eventually get pumped to clear out whatever the hell I ingested tonight. Acie Law basically gave me two complete "I can't fucking believe this shit" plays. I was ready for a fucking leprechaun to come dancing across my screen on a big shiny unicorn and slam that final missed FT home. I almost hit a pedestrian walking across the street with a shopping cart from Walgreen's trying to get home in time for the game. If I ever had a heroin habit, I would have relapsed at the end of regulation, then overdosed at the end of the first overtime... I honestly cannot say anything more because my brain hurts, my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest and carry away my liver. I'm gonna have to take a few minutes to settle down, maybe eat some sunflower seeds, wipe the wine stains off my shirt, call those woodchuck chipping A&M friends on my list, then slowly and deliberately plunge myself in a bathtub of icecubes. I'm spent. I'm done. I'm nothing(man)...
    -----------------------