Thread: Perfume for 2011!

Wink Perfume for 2011!

Sahara 2011? You tell me.

Last edited by SoHungry310; 04-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    In regards to Steve Aoki's appearance at future Coachellas:
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Only if you say his name thrice while in the bathroom at night with the lights turned out.

Default Re: Perfume for 2011!

Why can't I see anything??

Anyway, Perfume ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffb16Mtjr-I

I want them at Coachella! >:^D
    There's Definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behavior.

200% behind this

i mean i'd rather have m1dy but this works too
    Quote Originally Posted by jr7936 View Post
    i can't see wu tang playing for almost 3 hours though on sunday is the thing
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Did FYF Sean do this schedule?

THIS.

or capsule *~*
    ▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
    子猫ちゃん、寝ちゃだめ~

HAHAHA EFFF YEEEAAAHHHH

Let me help you out Moonshine

oh and here's an awesome perfume and klaxons mashup
    FFFIIIIINNAAALLLLLYYYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by shytide View Post
    THIS.

or capsule *~*
    Caaaaaapsule <3

Have you heard their new album, "PLAYER"?
    It's TOOOO good.

I think my favorite is still "Flash Back" though ;^D

Thanks iGz89, I wasn't sure how to post a video because my browser was freaking out.

<:^]

I haven't posted on this board in over a year, but I'll make an exception so I can post that I couldn't agree more with you.

Perfume or capsule (maybe just Nakata doing a DJ set?) would definitely fit well at Coachella, considering Player seems to be reaching out to a more Western audience anyways, plus Nakata seems to be getting a little exposure over here because of things like that Passion Pit remix. I'm surprised Nakata hasn't visited the states yet actually. I've heard that in Japan the producers aren't really looked at too much, so while Nakata's music may be played a lot, it's usually the artist singing his music that is more well known to people, as opposed to how here in America it seems that producers are put on a rather high pedestal.

Coachella doesn't really seem to be that open to Asian musicians though, which has always bothered me. If there is an Asian group, it's one that's fairly big among Pitchfork snobs, and that being the case, the best one can hope for is Cornelius to return over and over again (not that I don't like Cornelius, quite the opposite, but how many Asian groups do casual music listeners that go to Coachella actually even know of?).

Perfume or some Nakata-related group would be amazing though. That's something that I would actually buy a ticket to specifically see. I can imagine a group like Genki Rockets playing too. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only Nakata fan on the board here!
    Yuko Imada

In response to Best foods at Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by migration View Post
    definatly the churros. I like them more than d-land churros. I buy two and eat them at the same time stacked. this year I am going to count how many I purchase.
    Interesting...

Two questions:

1. Is this a serious thread?

2. Are people actually aware that Perfume aren't really taken very seriously by Japanese music fans?

Personally, as a Japanese music fan myself, I would hope that if Perfumed ever played Coachella (not that I see it happening in a million years), they would stay there and never come back to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stapler View Post
    Two questions:

2. Are people actually aware that Perfume aren't really taken very seriously by Japanese music fans?

Personally, as a Japanese music fan myself, I would hope that if Perfumed ever played Coachella (not that I see it happening in a million years), they would stay there and never come back to Japan.
    What a generalized statement. I actually know quite a few people who are from Japan and they've actually stated the opposite, that Perfume actually appeals to a mass audience unlike groups like Morning Musume who simply appeal to the whole wota demographic. Actually, Japanese music fans that I know in general listen to Perfume and aren't ashamed of doing so. Mind you these aren't your run of the mill Naruto dick sucking, Pocky eating, wacked out nipponphiles, so I don't know where you get any of your info.

I listen to a ton of Japanese music besides Perfume, so get off your pedestal about that shit. I don't want this to turn into a Japanese band name-dropping contest as a means of me trying to prove something, so I'll stop here and leave you at peace in your ignorance.
    Yuko Imada

In response to Best foods at Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by migration View Post
    definatly the churros. I like them more than d-land churros. I buy two and eat them at the same time stacked. this year I am going to count how many I purchase.
    Interesting...

There would be a huge outrage if Perfume were ever booked to play Fuji Rock Festival. I'm just saying. I mean, it would be catastrophic. People could die.

sounds like a good death

also fuji rock had limp bizkit play, i think if a catastrophe happened it wouldve been during them
    Last edited by Weatherman; 04-15-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jr7936 View Post
    i can't see wu tang playing for almost 3 hours though on sunday is the thing
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Did FYF Sean do this schedule?

Eh, I'm not going to defend Limp Bizkit's music, but Fred Durst actually sings at their shows. Well okay, "sing" might be pushing it a bit, but at least he utters his own voice, which is more than you can say about Perfume, who lip-synch.

I'm just saying that if Perfume played Coachella, the music fans here in Japan would react in the same way we reacted to X Japan playing Lolla. Which is to say, we'd shake our heads and go, "I don't get it, I thought Coachella was a respectable festival."

I hate to name drop, but:

I'm an ESL teacher in Vancouver and one of my students is bestfriends with one of the girls from Perfume. I'm moving to Korea in May, and will visit Japan and he promised to take me out partying with her. Not that I could even hum any of their tunes. Maybe I'll ask about Coachella while I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    This year will be awesome, like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stapler View Post
    Two questions:

Well, the only thing I'll agree with is that I know of a lot of Japanese people who don't take Perfume's music seriously, but it doesn't stop them from dancing to it.
    My friend Shuichiro came from Japan not too long ago, and said (quite a few times) how stupid the girls from Perfume act, but when we went out to a club one time, he said he would have liked to hear "Chocolate Disco" or something on the dance floor hahaha
    I guess the closest American counterpart I could compare them to is like...Ke$ha or something.
    Not at all similar in music style (or life/clothing style) but a lot of people are heard blatantly calling Ke$ha a dirty whorebag, or a bad singer (or not a singer at all) but those same people are seen dancing as soon as her music comes on haha
    I, personally, think she's a little...off...but I would probably (guiltily) go watch her set if she performed at Coachella. Not that I'd petition for her to go! 8^O

Perfume has a lot of pop cultured girl fans, and their male fanbase loves to look at them, aside from listening to their incredibly catchy beats and lyrics.
    But really...almost every band has the different sides to their fanbase.

Then there's also the otaku/weeboo fanbase Perfume has in the states.
    And hopefully, if Perfume ever came to perform in the states, we won't be seeing American kids running around with Naruto headbands and pocky in their hands :^/

I mostly agree with Nothingisnothing though.
    Any Nakata based music(ian) group would definitely be one of my top priority to watch if they had the chance to go to Coachella.
    PLAYER is definitely aimed more toward Westerners.
    In fact, I showed their new album to my friend Shuichiro, and before I told him it was Capsule, he guessed they were American based.

I'm not sure if I would really be too excited if it was MEG that was chosen to appear, but...really...that'd never happen haha

Nakata DJ Set would be damned awesome though.