Thread: artist brief descriptions, bio, and "recommended if" for entire lineup?

Default artist brief descriptions, bio, and "recommended if" for entire lineup?

has anyone put together anything that list all artists and a few words about each one on a single page? might contain things like genre, 'sounds like', 'recommended if', record label, hometown, bio, etc.

just a small paragraph for each artist on one page.
    Last edited by alternapop; 04-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: artist brief descriptions, bio, and "recommended if" for entire lineup?

Default Re: artist brief descriptions, bio, and "recommended if" for entire lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    thanks for nothing

"has anyone put together anything" ... "on a single page"

Quote Originally Posted by alternapop View Post
    thanks for nothing

What do you mean? I've been working on my "list" since the lineup was announced, and AllMusic has been super helpful for some of those that I wasn't familiar with.

Spend some time and do some research. You've only got one day left to bone up!

i'm wondering if someone has already done this and put it up for others to use.

deftonepuma

Slapping your face with this link.

Quote Originally Posted by deftonepuma View Post
    Slapping your face with this link.
    that is not what i'm asking for. i know i can go through every artist link and do it myself & do my own research.... and i'm not asking for 'one of' recommendations. (thanks for the tip spinecraft) i just know that some people put a lot of time and effort into planning for this weekend and would imagine that someone already has a single page outline with artist bios already finished. and if so, might've already shared it or would be willing to share it.
    Last edited by alternapop; 04-14-2010 at 01:56 PM.

all the artists have links to media content (youtube vids / band sites) you should spend some time and find your likes/dislikes your OWN taste

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH YOU LAZY ASS

SleighBells is kinda cool

Quote Originally Posted by dantoro View Post
    all the artists have links to media content (youtube vids / band sites) you should spend some time and find your likes/dislikes your OWN taste

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH YOU LAZY ASS

SleighBells is kinda cool
    i didn't ask anyone to do it or do it for me but merely if someone already has done it and would share it. i have my own taste but thanks for the brilliant suggestion.

Well, I think the conclusion is that people haven't done it. If they have, they're not sharing it. Instead of waiting for someone to be kind and give you all the answers, just find out what you can. End ridiculous bickering. End thread.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

You should check out this rapper named Jay-Z. His wife has a big butt.