Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Opposite RAGE?

Lurker

Default Who Will Be Opposite RAGE?

I plan on being in the middle of the world's Ultimate Mosh Pit, but just curious...who do you think realistically could be on the other stages while Rage plays?

Default Re: Who Will Be Opposite RAGE?

Hopefully Air or Happy Mondays.

gogol bordello

hopefully happy mondays. please not air.

No one.

They'll be the lone last performer at the festival.

It was part of their agreement that they would have the full attention of the crowd so that they can plan the revolution.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

rage isn't coming.

Quote Originally Posted by romeoisbleeding View Post
    I plan on being in the middle of the world's Ultimate Mosh Pit, but just curious...who do you think realistically could be on the other stages while Rage plays?
    i think people are really getting their hopes up about the pit at coachella for rage. i really don't think it's going to be that crazy.

Happy Mondays better friggin' not be on opposite RATM.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by sadsappysucker View Post
    i think people are really getting their hopes up about the pit at coachella for rage. i really don't think it's going to be that crazy.
    Funny you say that, i'm 34 yo, and I'm actually staying the hell away from anything resembling "hit the guy in the middle"... "me being in the ultimate mosh pit" was just my lame attempt at a clever way to say "I'm watching Rage".

Seriously though, if it was my any-type-of-rock-band, i would not want to play opposite them. Is it possible Air could close the Sahara while Rage plays?

Quote Originally Posted by romeoisbleeding View Post
    Funny you say that, i'm 34 yo, and I'm actually staying the hell away from anything resembling "hit the guy in the middle"... "me being in the ultimate mosh pit" was just my lame attempt at a clever way to say "I'm watching Rage".

Seriously though, if it was my any-type-of-rock-band, i would not want to play opposite them. Is it possible Air could close the Sahara while Rage plays?
    negative...Air's not dancey enough for Sahara. They played the main stage in 2004 during sunset...I expect the same this year.

I'm guessing Willie Nelson, Happy Mondays, Konono no 1...hopefully not Explosions in the Sky

Air will play the main stage before Manu Chao.

i hope it's not willie nelson or the roots
    they seem more like daytime bands anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I'm guessing Willie Nelson, Happy Mondays, Konono no 1...hopefully not Explosions in the Sky

Air will play the main stage before Manu Chao.
    explosions in the sky can not play at night because everyone will fall asleep, they will be great at sunset though

I don't know who it will be, but i plan to be as far from RAGE as I can get. I just don't get why people are freaking out about them getting back together.

Lurker

I know Air has sunset main stage written all over them...but they also did just do it 3 years ago....I know i wouldn't object to hearing it in the tent with a sick light show...i just think for the sunday nite-end of 3 day weekend-last headliner-opposite Rage, can PVD attract enough people to clear some room from the main stage?...i think Air could.

Quote Originally Posted by brycerosen View Post
    explosions in the sky can not play at night because everyone will fall asleep, they will be great at sunset though
    Huh? Those guys are way too loud to fall asleep to! Personally, I'd very much prefer to see them at night, but will be happy as long as they don't play during RATM.

Quote Originally Posted by brycerosen View Post
    No. Air will play at sunset. Having these two conflict would be unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    No. Air will play at sunset. Having these two conflict would be unreasonable.
    If they schedule Air for the sunset slot (which they should), I will cry tears of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrainy View Post
    I don't know who it will be, but i plan to be as far from RAGE as I can get. I just don't get why people are freaking out about them getting back together.
    Personaly, Rage was one of the very first bands I got really into. Then they broke up, when I was in gr 7, right as I was getting into them. For years Ive been hoping to see a reuinion. But it never happened. Then Audioslave came around and I was overjoyed. I went and saw them in concert, because it was the closest I thought I was ever going to get to see Rage. But now I have my chance. I am now 18 and have been waiting the last 7 years for this. This is a HUGE deal to me.
    As for the person who doesnt think the Rage pit are going to be crazy... watch some of thier live footage. The pits are insane. And this is thier first show! And didnt Sunday passes sell out in minutes? And arent Sunday the most expensive sigle day tickets you can find on the internet? Im not going only for Rage, Im going all 3 Days and I cannot wait to see some of the artists. But Rage sealed the deal for me. Also, I know the pit is going to be crazy, because when I saw Audioslave, the crowd erupted when they played some Rage songs. Countdown is on! 2 Months and 1 day till Rage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Personaly, Rage was one of the very first bands I got really into. Then they broke up, when I was in gr 7, right as I was getting into them.
    you just made me old

i dunno I Love them in all but when I saw them at the glass house they made me so relaxed that I could barely stand or keep my eyes open

Honestly, I don't think there's gonna be enough room for a huge mosh pit. There's gonna be so many people crammed up to the stage, that it's just gonna be a ton of people bumping and squeezing tightly against each other.

I can onl pray Air is opposite Rage instead of playing the main stage a band or two before them. IF they do oh well, Air is going to tour North America this year.

wait.

there are 2 stages? 2 bands playing at once?

Quote Originally Posted by dalethethug View Post
    i hope it's not willie nelson or the roots
    they seem more like daytime bands anyway

theres no way willie nelson or the roots will be playing when rage is playing. i really dont think anyone will be playing.

i've also noticed theres a massive appeal on this board to Air. I've never heard of them. Are they a jam band. Everyone keeps talking about them so my expectations for them are high at the moment
    What happen if someone make a crime?

air is a french electro/pop duo. very chill. check out talkie walkie or the virgin suicides OST. Their new album is OK.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Damien Rice..which is probably what I'll be seeing if Rage gets too crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

to show the dichotomy of coachella:
    rage on the main stage, air and/or explosions in the sky on on other stages/tents.

i hope it's willie nelson

NOT placebo or happy mondays. plz plz plz NOT placebo.

Lurker

Thumbs up Re: Who Will Be Opposite RAGE?

According to The Happy Mondays myspace page they're going on at 8:00.

ToddThaGod, you have no idea who Air are and yet you're positive Willie Nelson and/or The Roots won't play at the same time as Rage? Have you been to Coachella before? Are you familiar with the concept of counter scheduling? There is no way Rage will be the only group/artist playing at that time--unless it's the last minutes of the festival.

BTW, the Mondays show will be more memorable
    "Not all drugs are good. Some are great"