Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If There's No Room To Watch Bands Because You Assholes Had To Sell 75K Tickets

Coachella Junkie

Default If There's No Room To Watch Bands Because You Assholes Had To Sell 75K Tickets

I will burn your houses down with your families inside of them. That is all.

Default Re: If There's No Room To Watch Bands Because You Assholes Had To Sell 75K Tickets

Holy fuck... SO MANY PEOPLE.

Default Re: If There's No Room To Watch Bands Because You Assholes Had To Sell 75K Tickets

Headwear Fo Ya Backside chrislasf's Avatar

I hope the tents, parking lots, and parking attendants have also expanded by 25%.
    I like it. It's not my favorite shit in the world, but it's a smart, funny show.

P.S. I'm gay

Yeahhhh... and some of you want to show up late at night Thursday/Friday for car camping?
    Riiiiight....
    Good luck w/ only 8,000 car camping spots.

I agree with the 75k, this could suck

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by drewniverse View Post
    Yeahhhh... and some of you want to show up late at night Thursday/Friday for car camping?
    Riiiiight....
    Hey genius...there were 8000 tickets sold.

It was rough at 65k...those tents had better be larger
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

yuck

You need that big metal hand. Start tossing people outta your way.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Good luck to anyone wanting to see Grizzly Bear. With this many people, and them playing the Mojave, you won't even be able to get close to that tent.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 wk 2, 2013 wk 1, 2014 wk 1

Oh bitch, bitch, bitch.
    05-12.2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaBlood View Post
    Good luck to anyone wanting to see Grizzly Bear. With this many people, and them playing the Mojave, you won't even be able to get close to that tent.
    good thing I'll be seeing La Roux : )

It had to occur to them that the bigger crowd would require more space. These people are not amateurs. I'm going to go on with my life, beginning with this post, trusting that there's an upside. Must be.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaBlood View Post
    Not a single person will be able to get close for this show. That's exactly how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Riiiiight....
    No shit what makes people think that they are giving away camping spots to whoever shows up first?? I am getting there at 8-9 on Thursday and I am not worried at all.....

Wheels Of Cheese

Thank God I lucked into some VIP passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

What Tommy said.

Also, WHINE WHINE WHINE. Stagecoach is worse, they have 60k with SEATS. Try getting around that clusterfuck on Saturday night...

OMG PEOPLE IM SENSITIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Umm...
    Think before you flame.

No shit, I have 2 of the tickets. Once car camping fills up they are sending the rest to tent camping. There are only 8,000 car camping spots. That's not a lot. I'm sure you've seen the parking lot in previous years with that many cars Thursday afternoon.

Wheels Of Cheese

Umm...
    Think before you flame.

No shit, I have 2 of the tickets. Once car camping fills up they are sending the rest to tent camping. There are only 8,000 car camping spots. That's not a lot. I'm sure you've seen the parking lot in previous years with that many cars Thursday afternoon.
    Oh you poor fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Oh you poor fool.
    wtf?

Headwear Fo Ya Backside chrislasf's Avatar

Take it to the camping threads, jerktowns. This thread is for discussion of the impending riots at the Mojave and Gobi.
    I like it. It's not my favorite shit in the world, but it's a smart, funny show.

P.S. I'm gay

You can count on the ins/outs affecting the crowd sizes, as there will always be a few thousand at the campsite versus before once you were in you were there for the day.

But some shows will definitely be super tough to see, Grizzly Bear likely being one of them. Luckily Sunday will be less crowded than Saturday as I'm sure lots of people will have to leave by then.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

this thread gave me deja vu
    1L☮e.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    It had to occur to them that the bigger crowd would require more space. These people are not amateurs. I'm going to go on with my life, beginning with this post, trusting that there's an upside. Must be.
    This post is comforting. I want to curl up in it and take a nap.

Although, it's not like they could make the roads wider. Traffic is still going to be a bitch.

shhhhhh shh shh shh, back to sleep...

I'm looking forward to losing an eye from an overzealous beaked mask wearer during Fever Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    Also, WHINE WHINE WHINE. Stagecoach is worse, they have 60k with SEATS. Try getting around that clusterfuck on Saturday night...
    It is a bitch to walk around with all those parked bodies. Walking by the tents is fine because the vast majority camp out in front of the Mane Stage the whole time. And there is no Outdoor (space is used for BBQ competition.) Way harder to walk around half of Stagecoach because it isn't flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I'm looking forward to losing an eye from an overzealous beaked mask wearer during Fever Ray.
    Fever Ray in the Mojave makes me bummed ... I mean, I guess there's no other logical tent for her to be at, but if the boards (and the "critics" a la SPIN crowning her the No. 1 must-see) are any indication, at least half (or a significant portion) of those 75K people will be trying to cram into Mojave to catch her set.

*praying all the tents are bigger now*
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12